SiouxSports.com Forum

New Logo

SiouxMD

One more question, since I'm nit-picking now...How come, at least on my computer, does AZSioux get more space in his "signature" space than everyone else? His covers the right side of the thread on all threads that he posted in. Is that a glitch or does AZSioux get special privaleges on here now? :D I'm just kidding, but wondering the same.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The logo is nice, but a little on the femine side. The shade of green is too dark. It seems darker than it was before. Forest green is not the color of Sioux sports.
That's what I thought when I first saw it and after seeing again I still think that.

Speaking of...where/when will SS.com merchandise be available? I heard each current SS.com member will be given both a free hat and t-shirt...you know, to wear and advertise! :D
Eventually.

While we're not in a position to please everyone, I want to give some consideration to the constructive feedback some have given. We've come up with a couple straightforward tweaks that we hope will harden the logo a little, removing what some may be perceiving as softness (femininity?) Though the logo itself isn't changing, if we can make a couple tweaks that improves the first impression for 20% of viewers, we'd like to find those.

One more question, since I'm nit-picking now...How come, at least on my computer, does AZSioux get more space in his "signature" space than everyone else? His covers the right side of the thread on all threads that he posted in. Is that a glitch or does AZSioux get special privaleges on here now? :D I'm just kidding, but wondering the same.

not sure what your talking about as its just the size of the pic in my sig i believe. i think its because of the new format that ss uses because it seemed to fit fine before hand, im gona get my signature slimmed down in the next week or 2 so it will fit regular...

I think one reason I see "male" is what I would consider a strong, jutting chin.

It still fascinates me that not a one of the dozens of people I've spoken with about it live have seen femininity in it; to the contrary, when pressed, most point out the strong chin and sharp features as certain proof its a man. I wonder if there's some age, regional, or other bias to it?

Are Chicago and North Dakota in the same region?

:D

While we're not in a position to please everyone, I want to give some consideration to the constructive feedback some have given. We've come up with a couple straightforward tweaks that we hope will harden the logo a little, removing what some may be perceiving as softness (femininity?) Though the logo itself isn't changing, if we can make a couple tweaks that improves the first impression for 20% of viewers, we'd like to find those.

I like many of the features of the logo but like your Mrs. I see earrings. If you are still open to input I tried a few simple tweaks ( shorter eyebrow, squarer chin, wider neck, etc.) Thanks for all the hard work.

J

siouxsportstweak.jpg

A very small change in the angle of the eyebrow will make the face more aggressive. Tilt it up just a bit more and try adding a slight bend about 1/4 to 1/3 from the right end. Also, the angle of the eye needs to be tweaked a little. I wouldn't actually add a mouth; I'd put a jog in the profile between the nose and chin to create the impression of a mouth. It would keep it within the abstract theme. Another change would be to try flipping the "streamers". Instead of having them turn downward at the end, I'd try to find a way to have them curl upward.

It reminds me of the FTD Florist and that can't be good.

I just got signed in for the first time since the new logo was released. I realize I may not be up for change, but with my first glimpse I thought it was a flower in the hair similar to the flower worn behind the ear in Hawaii. Thus, that added to my initial reaction that it was very feminine looking.

Sorry I am not in the "like it" catagory. :glare:

As a matter of fact I may now be a supporter of changing the Sioux name ;):)

Of course it was a long weekend, let me look at it again tomorrow.

I like the new logo but think it can be tweaked some to address the dislikes. The "streamers" I see as indicating a current of wind. In which case, the chin should be pointed defiantly UP, head tilting back a little, bringing the streamers down into a defeated posture. Make the eye steelier, create a hint of a mouth. There! Not so soft and feminine now. Quien es muy macho?

Thanks for all the feedback, folks. The version newly there as of this morning has been tweaked to add a little tougher edge (comparison here). A little androgyny is inherent in the abstractness, and a very helpful design consultant informed me that the sleekness is a feminine trait (who knew?) Of course, the helpful design consultant also questioned the attempt to remove androgyny, pointing out that there are both male and female Sioux athletes. :glare:

I was wondering that too!!!
Sorry about that. I was having a last minute problem with it not working right on the new "skin" so booted it rather than holding up the launch -- never remembered to go back in and get it working again. I'll take a look now.