SiouxSports.com Forum

SiouxSports.com logo

jimdahl

It's time for a new SiouxSports.com logo.

Ideas are welcome, in thread or PM. It need not be fully developed, partial ideas or concepts are also welcome.

You don't actually need to be able to render or draw it yourself (though are welcome to, if you have that ability), I'm happy to commission a professional to do the final rendering.

Some guidelines:

* The logo itself should be square or perhaps taller than wide.

* Simple is often best. I admire USCHO's rw&b star. These guys are a little bubbly for my taste, but demonstrate the branding power of simplicity.

* Should be merchandise-friendly (I like the Sitting Bull banner at the top of this page, but it's not merchandise friendly).

* Cannot infringe on existing copyrights or trademarks. e.g. No UND logos or derivatives thereof.

If anyone contributes an idea that I go with, you'll get not only fame, but almost certainly some logo-bearing swag.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think of this idea:

F

I S

U G I

N H O

D T U

I X

N

G

The letters could be all cool, each "word" being a different school color....

I dunno, that was my 2 cents though :lol:

OK, that didn't show up how I wanted it to... You have to click on the quote button if you want to see it how I put it....

Though it seems to discard 1 single space (how arbitrary), you can make it display spaces correctly by wrapping the text in a {code}...{/code} tag (where the curly bracket should actually be the square bracket [...]).

3 spaces
2 spaces
1 space
0 spaces[/code]

I can't tell if your avatar is male or female.
It's me!!! (and I *really* hope that helps answer your question). While I really do enjoy discussing my cartoon likeness, we're getting a little off track :lol:

I can't help but comment that the original thread was named "New FCS, Summit Conference-worthy logo"

Don't you think you are getting the proverbial cart in front of the horse? Some may consider that a little arrogant.

You made milk come out my nose. (Well, ok, you would have, had I been drinking milk at the time).

It's me!!! (and I *really* hope that helps answer your question). While I really do enjoy discussing my cartoon likeness, we're getting a little off track :lol:

You made milk come out my nose. (Well, ok, you would have, had I been drinking milk at the time).

Glad I could entertain Jim.

Glad I could entertain Jim.

Me too. But more importantly, do you have any good logo ideas?

Seems like something with feathers would be appropriate. One obvious idea that occurred to me was draping some feathers around a letter(s) or other symbol (something akin W&M's banned logo). In a similar vein, there was the arm patch logo on the old Blackhawk Sioux jerseys with the S with crossed tomahawks behind it. I guess the basic theme I'm chasing is some sort of American Indian symbol paired with a letter or other symbol representative of UND or North Dakota.

Obvious color schemes are green and pink (ok, maybe light on the pink). Perhaps incorporating the traditional Sioux feather colors (green, gold, red?) if there are any feathers.

2 large tomahawk S's (from the old jerseys standing for SiouxSports) with SiouxSports.com written underneath (or across) in smaller block letters all on a green background.

possibly change it up by putting the SS on a football field or hockey ice, (or any playing field) depending on the portion of the site you're at.

"SiouxSports.com" w/ both cap S's the old crossed tomahawk S's from the old "blackhawk" sweaters. All other letters in kelly green on a white background. The whole thing is encompassed in a kelly green rectangle border.
EDIT: Actually, a kelly green oval border would be better. Now one of you graphic wizards draw this up so that my undeniable genius becomes plain to all. Okay Jim, what did I win?

Just doodling...maybe someone can expand on some of these ideas...I'll probably think of a few other things before I'm done. :D

siouxsports_CONV.jpg

NICE!!! I really like the sioux sports with the arrow going through it. How would it look with black, white and green coloring?? Maybe the arrow head can be white with black shading or vice versa? And the S's can have the black and green shading like the first logo?