SIOUX - EAGLES - BLACKBEARS - SPARTANS, Frozen 4 thoughts, prediction

AZSIOUX

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

flip that pick sioux cia :silly:

Ok, I'm tired.

We play BC first, right? And the Black Bears play the Spartans? So, my prediction is that we beat the Black Bears in the Championship game.

Where did I go wrong? Oh, never mind. I predict we make it #8!!! :ohmy:

I'm not going to make a prediction. We need to focus on BC, bottom line. If we play our game the way we can, I know we can beat BC, and play for #8. If we don't play our best game, we don't deserve to win. With that being said, the only thing better than Fighting Sioux hockey in March......is of course, Fighting Sioux hockey in April!!! GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just thinking that it would be sweet for Hakstol complete his Frozen Four experience by winning the NC. Two years ago, they lost in the final. Last year they lost in the semi's. So why not win it all this year?:silly:

Good luck and God speed, Sioux!!!

When I saw Maine earlier this year, I was VERY IMPRESSED. Total team effort; no real weaknesses, very strong team, all players have good size, mix in some scoring and Bishop is a great goalie.

I vowed to bet on them when I went to Vegas in Feb, but alas, I forgot. Oh-oh.

I think they look good.

I'm not going to predict a winner insomuch that I feel that whoever wins the BC/UND matchup will win it all.

Maine and MSU have played really well and really poorly at times this year. Same with UND and BC. But UND and BC are coming into the NCAAs playing extremely well. Maine and MSU had rocky spots shortly before the playoffs began (especially Maine).

I am willing to predict that MSU will be in the NC game. They are playing really well right now.

BC/UND game will basically be the key to the championship.

I don't have a prediction but an observation. It seems that in this case that the cream really rose to the top in the playoff picture this year. What I mean is that all four schools are big-time national championship winning schools. The other teams that qualify for that title IMO are UMTC, Michigan and BU who were eliminated by this group.

My conclusion is that these teams really shine when it comes to playoff time.

This is going to be a tough tournament. BC is probably the 2nd or 3rd hottest team in the nation right now. After last year's loss to them I think many are going to see UND as the underdog. I think that this year's team can beat this year's BC team. I think it will be an excellent game, but I really see UND winning a close one (4-3). Michigan St and Maine is a tough one to call. When Maine played UND early this year, I saw a team that no one could beat, but man did they crash for a good 2 month period. I am still not sure they are playing their best hockey. I am not sure SCSU was at their best this tournament, so the 5-1 loss to Maine is hard to gauge. Michigan St. is the same way. They have played very streaky all year, but definitely have the talent to win it all. When is all comes down to it, if Maine shows up in full force and top playing capacity, I don't think anyone can touch them, but I don't think they will be ready and we will see a UND- Michigan State title game that will be a close call. Best of luck to all the teams, but more so to UND.

This is going to be a tough tournament. BC is probably the 2nd or 3rd hottest team in the nation right now. After last year's loss to them I think many are going to see UND as the underdog. I think that this year's team can beat this year's BC team. I think it will be an excellent game, but I really see UND winning a close one (4-3). Michigan St and Maine is a tough one to call. When Maine played UND early this year, I saw a team that no one could beat, but man did they crash for a good 2 month period. I am still not sure they are playing their best hockey. I am not sure SCSU was at their best this tournament, so the 5-1 loss to Maine is hard to gauge. Michigan St. is the same way. They have played very streaky all year, but definitely have the talent to win it all. When is all comes down to it, if Maine shows up in full force and top playing capacity, I don't think anyone can touch them, but I don't think they will be ready and we will see a UND- Michigan State title game that will be a close call. Best of luck to all the teams, but more so to UND.

BC killed us with quickness on the wings last year, is that still their style. It is easy to forget that it took one of JPars worst game to lose, so I hope UND just plays it game. I think UND can wear them down in the end.

I think that Maine will forsure beat Michigan State, I also truly think that UND wins against BC(Revenge for last year). But I think the final game of Maine and UND will provide a game that could be better than yesterdays. I think it will be close and I hope UND will pull it off, but will be a great game.

Undoubtedly the BC game will be close. I think a lot rests on goaltending. But I wonder if the game will be a shootout, like last years game and this year against Michigan, or a tight defensive battle like the games against Minnesota.

Looking at BC's stats for this year I grow a little more concerned. They were fairly consistent, easily out of the 4 remaining teams. They are averaging about 3 goals/ game while giving up just over 2. They are missing some pretty prominent names from last year, but still have solid defense and outstanding goaltending. What I think will help the most is that UND has faced tough teams consistently as of late. I think Michigan was the quickest team in the country this year, so speed should not catch them off guard and they have faced stingy defenses for most of the year and yet came away with the best goals/game average in the WCHA. I still think UND wins it, but they are going to have to give 110% for all 60 minutes.

michigan ............... dead

minnesota ..................... dead

boston college ........................dead

maine/michigan st .........................dead

Beating all of our rivals from the west and east .........

What a sweet skate for #8 it could be.

If the boys continue winning face offs like yesterday it very well could happen!

Who needs the last change :glare:

The Black Nike Slim Fits rock all the way through the playoffs. 6-0

Who needs the last change? Face off, Face off, rip his face off! :silly: