SiouxSports.com Forum

women's basketball 2007-08

UND92,96

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. audio only and the player came up and stated "playing" but there was nothing. I am reasonably computer literate so I did troubleshoot possible problems. Thank you for trying to help me. I just waited all day to hear the game so my frustration is probably over emphasized. I see the Sioux women won, could you give me the highlights please?

Yes. audio only and the player came up and stated "playing" but there was nothing. I am reasonably computer literate so I did troubleshoot possible problems. Thank you for trying to help me. I just waited all day to hear the game so my frustration is probably over emphasized. I see the Sioux women won, could you give me the highlights please?

I watched the second half on the internet. We were up by 20 at one point but the lead got down to four in the last couple of minutes. We didn't play very well at all in the last 10 minutes but, it was the first game so, hopefully, we will improve. Guinn had a hard time handling pressure - that is a bit scary if she is to be at the point much of the time!

I would guess someone who was at the game will be posting their thoughts soon.

You better try to get the men's game of the Fighting Sioux website. It is to be on in about 1/2 hour.

Just not a very good performance tonight. No flow, no transition points, poor three-point shooting and just not enough offense from the perimeter players. Obviously the team is not at full strength right now and it's very early, but UND did not look like the number one team in the country tonight.

Attendance was 2,027

I'm sure we'll get plenty of crap from some Bison fans about the attendance at the football game tomorrow, but on the bright side, the UND-Metro game outdrew the NDSU-Idaho game in Fargo by about 400. In the words of Carl Spackler "so we've got that going for us, which is nice." :silly:

I guess I have a different interpretatation..considering we played them last year and only won by 3 and they are returning 4 starters and it is basically the first game of the year...I thought it not too bad. We let a lead slip by, but that's when we stopped getting it inside...and there were opportunities to. I thought Guinn did ok...she was getting hacked at the end of the game and it wasn't being called. Saw some different plays with Kimbrough dishing off some nice passes both down low and on top. With the obvious advantage we had in the post and not utilize it is crazy to me. I thought Youngblut had some nice 3's and some key boards...she is only a freshman and I think Roebuck is right to be excited about her potential. Kimbrough picked it up at the end and I think we'll be fine. Hopefully Bagaasan will be able to contribute soon...we coul definately use the experience and shooting threat.

I guess I have a different interpretatation..considering we played them last year and only won by 3 and they are returning 4 starters and it is basically the first game of the year...I thought it not too bad. We let a lead slip by, but that's when we stopped getting it inside...and there were opportunities to. I thought Guinn did ok...she was getting hacked at the end of the game and it wasn't being called. Saw some different plays with Kimbrough dishing off some nice passes both down low and on top. With the obvious advantage we had in the post and not utilize it is crazy to me. I thought Youngblut had some nice 3's and some key boards...she is only a freshman and I think Roebuck is right to be excited about her potential. Kimbrough picked it up at the end and I think we'll be fine. Hopefully Bagaasan will be able to contribute soon...we coul definately use the experience and shooting threat.

Metro is a decent team, and will probably be in the regional. I guess I'm just used to the Sioux blowing out RMAC team at home, whether during the regular season or the post season. And UND was well on their way to a blowout before the last seven or eight minutes. There were certainly some bright spots last night with the play of Kimbrough and Langen, and some good things from Youngblut, Ledger, Seay and Guinn. I'd just like to see some more consistent perimeter scoring and better handling of the ball against pressure.

Metro is a decent team, and will probably be in the regional. I guess I'm just used to the Sioux blowing out RMAC team at home, whether during the regular season or the post season. And UND was well on their way to a blowout before the last seven or eight minutes. There were certainly some bright spots last night with the play of Kimbrough and Langen, and some good things from Youngblut, Ledger, Seay and Guinn. I'd just like to see some more consistent perimeter scoring and better handling of the ball against pressure.

After Saturday I'd agree. We need to shoot much better from the perimeter, but the guards did a much better job handling the ball, granted Montana St was not the same as Metro. Jossy looked much more like herself Saturday. Coach Roebuck mentioned on the post game that they hadn't been working on their shooting as much as they will, remember after the exhibition he said they were going to concentrate on defense. The outside shooting will come and when Baggy gets back that should also be a good boost. The great thing Langen looks like she is alot better conditioned than at the start of last season.

• 2 weeks later...

UND wins a surprisingly close game today, 73-67. It's a little surprising that Roebuck would have agreed to play an afternoon game after a late night game the evening before. Other than in the consolation bracket in a high school state tournament, you don't see that very often.

One of the worst performances I've seen in 20 years of watching UND women's basketball. I would guess Roebuck agrees. A number of players really had a poor weekend.

I hope Gene accepts a big chunk of blame for his repeated substitutions of 5-in-5-out in the first half. We were up 12 when he had his first tantrum and the rest of the half they beat us.

I like the potential of some of the new adds.