SiouxSports.com Forum

women's basketball 2007-08

UND92,96

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Katie Houdek from Grafton has given a verbal to UND. She still has two years of high school left.

Sioux land commitment

Houdek gave UND a verbal commitment recently. The 6-foot junior has two seasons of high school basketball left before she joins the Sioux.

Her uncle is former UND standout Dave Robertson.

Houdek averaged 11.7 points and 8 rebounds per game as a sophomore. She played AAU basketball over the summer.

Houdek said she received recruiting interest from North Dakota State, Minnesota State-Moorhead, South Dakota State and Augustana

Sioux women ranked No. 1 in DII Bulletin preaseason poll

The Fighting Sioux will enter their final season of Division II as the top team in the country, according to the 2007 Women's Division II Bulletin Preseason Top poll released recently.

"North Dakota has been one of the most successful Division II programs in history," said Gary Rubin, publisher of Women's Division II Bulletin. "We expect another national championship run from the team this season."

Take home a NC in the final year of D2, ladies.

Go Sioux!!!!!!

Looking forward to the round ball starting to bounce once again, I think it's something like 76 hr's.

Should be interesting to see how things will be this year, the play at point may make the difference between a great team and just another team. Last year when CJ was on we were great and when she was off many times we struggled. Our two true point guards are very young so it may take a while for them to get into a groove. We should be very strong up front and depth again should be a big benefit.

Thia Winnepeg team looks like they may be a good team so we'll see how we look with less than 10 days practice, then they will have 3 weeks after that to practice until the first real games.

Seems strange the men have no games until that same weekend, I'm sure those will be some tough weeks beating on each other.

Should be interesting to see how things will be this year, the play at point may make the difference between a great team and just another team. Last year when CJ was on we were great and when she was off many times we struggled. Our two true point guards are very young so it may take a while for them to get into a groove. We should be very strong up front and depth again should be a big benefit.

Jossy Bergen will get it done! Kimbrough will be the player of the year in the NCC this year.

The starting lineup for tonight's exhibition game (won handily by the Sioux, as expected) was Langen, Kimbrough, Beck, Guinn and Seay. Guinn was actually running the point, which was a surprise to me. I thought she did a pretty good job, although how she will do against quick point guards who can put a lot of pressure on the ball remains to be seen. Bagaason and LaFrance were in street clothes--not sure whether they were sick or injured or what.

The starting lineup for tonight's exhibition game (won handily by the Sioux, as expected) was Langen, Kimbrough, Beck, Guinn and Seay. Guinn was actually running the point, which was a surprise to me. I thought she did a pretty good job, although how she will do against quick point guards who can put a lot of pressure on the ball remains to be seen. Bagaason and LaFrance were in street clothes--not sure whether they were sick or injured or what.

Any observations about the play of others?

I am surprised that Seay started over Jossy

Seay worked harder over the summer to improve her game, I believe she is a little stronger overall player than Jossy. Jossy will be a great spark plug off the bench, when they need a lift IMO.

Baagason tweaked her knee, will be ok.....

LaFrance had a ankle sprain.....

Brekke I think will be red-shirting...

Any observations about the play of others?

Langen and Kimbrough were their usual selves--very good. Seay has a nice mid-range game. It was good to see Ledger back from her injury. Interior depth should be very good. I'm glad to hear that Bagaason's injury isn't severe, because her 3-point shooting will be a key to keeping opposing defenses somewhat honest. Jossy will knock down some 3's, as will Guinn and Beck at times, but Bagaason is really a pure shooter. I believe Youngblut also is known for her outside shooting, although she struggled a bit with her shot last night.

South Dakota women beat UNI by 30 last night. UNI plays Maryland later this season at Maryland imagine how that will come out.

I think this shows again that the better teams in the NCC women's basketball will fair very well with the mid majors. The NCC may very well be tougher than the MVC.

I hope the Sioux have MVC schools on the schedule for next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Been away for a while but a few things I wanted to comment on:

First off, congrats to Amy, she will be a great coach!

Now about the move to DI, ND will be fine, it'll be rough at first but it always is for schools making that transition, but if there's a program that will do well with the move is the w-hoops. Roebuck knows how to get people into that program, now with the move he'll have to go find the bigger fish and that's a little different at the DI level than the DII, but he always seems to find those players that turn out to be studs.

A few things from the coaches' show tonight:

-Bagaason is injured and her status sounds like it's up in the air right now; Seay will likely start in her place;

-Sannes won't play this weekend due to a relatively minor injury;

-Roebuck sounded very excited about Youngblut's potential. It sounds like she could be an impact player.

What do you mean?? North Dakota leads by 15 with 12 minutes to go in the second half.

I cannot get reception for 100.3 on the radio so I complied with all of the registration components required for listening via the internet. I still cannot get any audio and am quite frustrated.

I cannot get reception for 100.3 on the radio so I complied with all of the registration components required for listening via the internet. I still cannot get any audio and am quite frustrated.

Did it indicate that it accepted your registration? Do you have "RealPlayer" installed on your computer?