SiouxSports.com Forum

2007-2008 ND High School Hockey

riders06

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Malm? Haha, who cares who it is. News tonight said something about some Red River students attempting to steal the first place trophy from Grafton. Can anyone elaborate? I hope it wasn't any players.

You obviously have been living under a rock the past couple of weeks. Three Red River students broke into Grafton High School and attempted to steal the state championship trophy. They were caught on security cameras but haven't faced charges yet. None of the hockey players were present.

You obviously have been living under a rock the past couple of weeks. Three Red River students broke into Grafton High School and attempted to steal the state championship trophy. They were caught on security cameras but haven't faced charges yet. None of the hockey players were present.

Thanks for the info. When did the event occur? I'm terribly sorry I don't live in Grand Forks and attempted trophy thefts don't make the front page of the paper.

Made the front page of the sports section in the Fargo Fool'em...

It wasn't in the Star Tribune...

I'm not sure who made the statement about Red River being the Gophers of High School hockey but we need to remember that Central has far more championships than that of Red River. I think an argument can be made for many teams as the most hated team in the state. I highly doubt that the players in Dickinson hate Red River players anymore than they do those in their own conference. The same can be said for the Bismarck schools, Fargo South who's largest rival is Fargo North regardless of how terrible North has been lately. As a matter of fact many players throughout the whole state may hate South because of the stigma they have been given as being "cake eaters." Another external factor could be other sports the players participate in. While Red River may be a powerhouse at the time in hockey, their football team may not be up to par. So a player who plays in both of these sports may have a neutral vision of the school as a whole. It really isn't as cut and dry as the best teams in the state are the most hated.

It wasn't in the Star Tribune...

I'm not sure who made the statement about Red River being the Gophers of High School hockey but we need to remember that Central has far more championships than that of Red River. I think an argument can be made for many teams as the most hated team in the state. I highly doubt that the players in Dickinson hate Red River players anymore than they do those in their own conference. The same can be said for the Bismarck schools, Fargo South who's largest rival is Fargo North regardless of how terrible North has been lately. As a matter of fact many players throughout the whole state may hate South because of the stigma they have been given as being "cake eaters." Another external factor could be other sports the players participate in. While Red River may be a powerhouse at the time in hockey, their football team may not be up to par. So a player who plays in both of these sports may have a neutral vision of the school as a whole. It really isn't as cut and dry as the best teams in the state are the most hated.

I ment to say east region hoceky, wher all the titles are won. Like davek said, Fargo South now thinks RR is one fo there top rivals. I no Centrals top rival is Red River, I no grafton's top rival is Red River. I also no that DL top rival is red river. I no all of this is because i've been to the rinks when RR has played them and when other teams have played them and there is almost no comparison. Those are the five top teams. Everyone hates RR cuz they always are so good and they are cocky. No ifs ands or buts about it.

11 of Red River's 12.5 championships have come since 1987, while all but 4 of Central's 23.5 came prior to 1985. So, while you are right that Central has more championships in their history than Red River, there is no denying the fact that Red River has enjoyed a great deal more success than Central for the better part of the last two decades plus. During that time period Central has been settled firmly into the 2nd tier alongside Grafton-PR and Fargo South while Red River has been in a league of their own. I think Fargo South considers Red River to be their top rival over Fargo North.

While Red River has been very good, I think it's a stretch to say they are in a league of their own. If my memory serves me correctly it was Central who was the favorite to win state during the Matt Moreland and Jordan Mcintyre era, overlapping with that was the Paul Weisgarber era at Fargo South in which they were the favorite. Although I believe Red River upset Fargo South one of those years at state I don't think it's fair to catagorize Red River as being head and shoulders above these teams they struggled to beat.

Rivalries are a tough thing to judge and ultimately it comes down the strength of the team for every given year. For example if North were to be the top team in the state I don't think anyone would doubt that their top rival would again be Fargo South. Or if a period of 5 years came where Red River was struggeling the tension between them and Central would diminish for that period of time. But when both teams are on an equal talent level there is almost no doubt they will be eachothers top rival.

Yo espn 8,, your deinetleeyjl a smart person obvs if a team is good thr going to want to beat another tema cuz theyd be the team to beat but hey f the gophers ahha hahah New England Patriots NFL status is to Red Rivers HIGHSCHOOL Hockey status this year..... midseason .un-touchable.. (FO SHOW) not if theyd win but the question was always by how much?

after grafton beat them in the snow storm people came to realization you play top teams (grafton,,,, your going to get beat if your not playing at thr level they had guys out but hey they were still thr to win,,,, you couldnt of found a more gun ho team to win the title those guys have been told since they were youngins !@#$ you guys team up your going to win a title by god they did but just not the year they were suppose to..... they were athelets this year the whole gard darn team they kicked buttcheaks out thr this year.....we can all agree on it was a suspensful and fun year to watch hockey and im glad it was this year i didnt get it to be done in my season when i was watching but i got to watch it during the hockey season i sure had fun watching you guys play hockey!!! alll of you to the "MR.Hockey". to the penalty minutes it was a fun season. thanks for lettting me get on the

"after action" i had fun. congrats in my book you will lways even 60 years down the road when some of you guys will be dead......willl always register as one of the most dominate teams in the game. minus those lucky bassaners that got a "perfect season" you guys were good and its time for the hot tubb yeah yeah....!!!!! [color=#FF0000]GO RIDERS!!!!!

Yo espn 8,, your deinetleeyjl a smart person obvs if a team is good thr going to want to beat another tema cuz theyd be the team to beat but hey f the gophers ahha hahah New England Patriots NFL status is to Red Rivers HIGHSCHOOL Hockey status this year..... midseason .un-touchable.. (FO SHOW) not if theyd win but the question was always by how much?

after grafton beat them in the snow storm people came to realization you play top teams (grafton,,,, your going to get beat if your not playing at thr level they had guys out but hey they were still thr to win,,,, you couldnt of found a more gun ho team to win the title those guys have been told since they were youngins !@#$ you guys team up your going to win a title by god they did but just not the year they were suppose to..... they were athelets this year the whole gard darn team they kicked buttcheaks out thr this year.....we can all agree on it was a suspensful and fun year to watch hockey and im glad it was this year i didnt get it to be done in my season when i was watching but i got to watch it during the hockey season i sure had fun watching you guys play hockey!!! alll of you to the "MR.Hockey". to the penalty minutes it was a fun season. thanks for lettting me get on the

"after action" i had fun. congrats in my book you will lways even 60 years down the road when some of you guys will be dead......willl always register as one of the most dominate teams in the game. minus those lucky bassaners that got a "perfect season" you guys were good and its time for the hot tubb yeah yeah....!!!!! [color=#FF0000]GO RIDERS!!!!!

How many deep were you when you wrote this?

Can someone give me a list of players that played high school this year and are now playing juniors for the rest of the season?

Ryan Ladoucear- FM Jets

Games-9, Goals-0, Assists-4, +/- -6, PIMs- 2

Eric Meland- Lincoln Stars

Games-6, Goals-0, Assists-0, +/- -1, PIMs- 4

That's all that I know of.

QUOTE (andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! @ Mar 18 2008, 11:04 PM)

Is Grafton Red River's biggest rival?

Back in the day, Devils Lake and Grafton hated eachother. However, since the DL program has been run into the dirt, there isn't much of chance for the games to be competitive.

Alex Simonson is playing with Chicago of the USHL

Right. Sorry I missed that.

Alex Simonson-Chicago Steel

Games-9, Goals-1, Assists-0, +/- -2, PIMs- 22

He had a ten minute unsportsmanlike misconduct in the most recent game, along with 9 other players who received ten minute penalties, including abuse of officials misconduct.

Wow, that is the worst giant brick wall of text I have ever attempted to read. I think my eyes are actually bleeding right now.

• 6 months later...
While Red River has been very good, I think it's a stretch to say they are in a league of their own. If my memory serves me correctly it was Central who was the favorite to win state during the Matt Moreland and Jordan Mcintyre era, overlapping with that was the Paul Weisgarber era at Fargo South in which they were the favorite. Although I believe Red River upset Fargo South one of those years at state I don't think it's fair to catagorize Red River as being head and shoulders above these teams they struggled to beat.

Rivalries are a tough thing to judge and ultimately it comes down the strength of the team for every given year. For example if North were to be the top team in the state I don't think anyone would doubt that their top rival would again be Fargo South. Or if a period of 5 years came where Red River was struggeling the tension between them and Central would diminish for that period of time. But when both teams are on an equal talent level there is almost no doubt they will be eachothers top rival.

You have it way wrong....Red river and Central will always be the biggest rivalry for both schools...No matter how bad one school is. They are going to be the biggest rivals in all sports and no ands, ifs, or buts, about that

Right. Sorry I missed that.

Alex Simonson-Chicago Steel

Games-9, Goals-1, Assists-0, +/- -2, PIMs- 22

He had a ten minute unsportsmanlike misconduct in the most recent game, along with 9 other players who received ten minute penalties, including abuse of officials misconduct.

If anyone cares to see Simonsons fight in one of the exhibition games ...heres the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJibeaN3Bls

• 2 weeks later...