SiouxSports.com Forum

BOYS' STATE HOCKEY SCHEDULE

Sports1

I don't know for sure. I know he has helped out with the Bill Howard goalie camp each of the last two summers, and I heard a rumor around town that Coach Howard offered him the opportunity to try out at Wisconsin. I can't confirm or deny this rumor, just stating what I've heard.

PS - What year(s) did you play at RR under Coach Wilson? I have an uncle who played there for him in the early '80s.

1983 - he was a really good coach. I don't remember his background if he played college or not. I thought he had played in Canada but I could be wrong on that.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he actually played football, not hockey, at UND in the late '70s to early '80s. Pretty sure he was originally from Canada.

I want to say he is from Thunder Bay. Anyway on Diechert, although he had a great season last year, part of that could have been the result of great defense. At this point in time, I do not consider him a division one player. If plays at the Jr. A level and succeeds at that level, then it will be more clear if he is talented enough to play at the college level. For most players, at this point in their career, playing division one is very speculative.

I think he actually played football, not hockey, at UND in the late '70s to early '80s. Pretty sure he was originally from Canada.

Wilson is from Thunder Bay. He played hockey before coming to UND, and came to UND to play football and/or hockey (not sure if you could do both), but only did play football for UND. I've heard the story before, but not sure exactly what happened. I know that he roomed with some of the hockey players.

Congrat to the individuals and West Teams at State and especially Williston. I am sure, you did have a number of East Teams on the edge. I would have loved to see the Williston upset. Definitely the best team playing that game did not win (even though the other team scored more during the game and one can argue they are the best because of this and their overall record), I still say the best team playing that game did not win. Good showing.

Congrat to the individuals and West Teams at State and especially Williston. I am sure, you did have a number of East Teams on the edge. I would have loved to see the Williston upset. Definitely the best team playing that game did not win (even though the other team scored more during the game and one can argue they are the best because of this and their overall record), I still say the best team playing that game did not win. Good showing.

Shots were 52-11 in favor of RR. The better team won.

Williston better than Red River? Maybe if it was Williston against Red River JV.

Says you and you can believe what you want - Even with the shots, I still think the better team playing that game DID NOT win.

And I suppose that when RR beat Fargo Shanley 16-0 in the Regionals, "the better team did not win".

Seriously, Williston should be commended for a great effort, but you can't get 11 shots on goal in 51 minutes of hockey and be the "better" team.

I have to agree. Red River is 10 times better than Williston and played 10 times better in that game. The Williston goalie single-handedly kept his team in a game they had no business being kept in and almost stole the victory. It would have been very cool had they won, but I can't say with a straight face that they were the better team in that game. They had the better goalie in that game, but that's as far as I'll go. The differential in shots on goal makes it painfully obvious who the better team was by a substantial margin.

I think it would actually be 100 wins out of 100 games for RR. The game was not even close, as you can tell by the Williston coaches comments in the Herald the next day. Still Following Hockey, you suck. I think you turned the suck knob so far you broke it.

I think it would actually be 100 wins out of 100 games for RR. The game was not even close, as you can tell by the Williston coaches comments in the Herald the next day. Still Following Hockey, you suck. I think you turned the suck knob so far you broke it.

100 out of 100? Somewhere in there RR would lose. A perfect record like that would be almost impossible.

And junior24...why do you have to slam people ALL THE TIME. Seems you cant post without throwing in a dig at someone.

Come to think of it...you are about 100 for 100 in the slam posts. :(

100 out of 100? Somewhere in there RR would lose. A perfect record like that would be almost impossible.

And junior24...why do you have to slam people ALL THE TIME. Seems you cant post without throwing in a dig at someone.

Come to think of it...you are about 100 for 100 in the slam posts. :(

I'd like to apoligize for juniors comments, he is making my alma mater look bad with his arogance.

I'd like to apoligize for juniors comments, he is making my alma mater look bad with his arogance.

Lives-to-play...you are the one here who is ridiculous. You say that you attended Red River and played for the hocky team during the 2005-06 season, but I quite frankly,do not believe you. If you are going to be the voice of reason on this forum, somthing is wrong. Do me a favor and prove to me that you played for Red River during the 05-06 season and we'll see how credible you actually are.