SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie, Toews, Bina trouble

proudsioux

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WDAZ just reported that T.J. Oshie and Jonathan Toews received minors after being caught in Judy's Tavern on Sunday night. The only comment from Hakstol was that the matter would be handled internally.

WDAZ just reported that T.J. Oshie and Jonathan Toews received minors after being caught in Judy's Tavern on Sunday night. The only comment from Hakstol was that the matter would be handled internally.

Celebrating a little, eh? Didn't that happen to ZPar too?

I would think Judy's would be in a lot more trouble than Oshie and Toews. Those two are pretty well known, some one at Judy's had to have known they were underaged.

Zach got a minor on the premises because he and Boyle(?) from BC were too dumb to escape out the back door with the rest of the players. :silly:

I would think Judy's would be in a lot more trouble than Oshie and Toews.

The story said that the police were considering charges against Judy's.

Zach got a minor on the premises because he and Boyle(?) from BC were too dumb to escape out the back door with the rest of the players.

Wasn't that Zach and one of the Eaves boys when BC was here?

I would think Judy's would be in a lot more trouble than Oshie and Toews. Those two are pretty well known, some one at Judy's had to have known they were underaged.

Zach got a minor on the premises because he and Boyle(?) from BC were too dumb to escape out the back door with the rest of the players. :silly:

You would think that this would be the case, but not always. I live in a really small town of about 253 and the bartender didn't know that two guys were only 16. Of course, it could have been that the people who did know just didn't say anything. Much like this case, the celebrated athlete gets to do all sorts of things. Nobody says anything, because hey if they go there then they will tell friends so more money.

Zach got a minor on the premises because he and Boyle(?) from BC were too dumb to escape out the back door with the rest of the players.
Wasn't that Zach and one of the Eaves boys when BC was he

It was probably an Eaves, those BC boys are lightweights. Just can't handle their booze, they've been the bane of many a Boston cab driver over the years.

When are college athletes gonna learn, sure everybody does it in college, but when they do it, it's gonna make the paper . . . you'd be better off going to someone's house/apartment or drinking in the dorms. Or, I don't know, just follow the law and don't drink underage, but what are the chances of that.

The story said that the police were considering charges against Judy's.

Wasn't that Zach and one of the Eaves boys when BC was here?

You can bet Judy's bar will end up paying a fine and maybe getting shut down for a day or two.

This kind of stuff isn't looked to favorably by the police.

Not good, boys. You should be smarter than that.

However, this IS different than Blarneys, at least from what we know so far. As has been pointed out, the Blarney's thing was about free cover, free drinks, free tickets, entertaining recruits, etc. It wasn't just underage drinking like some spinsters try to make it. If it was just underage drinking, I doubt very many people would have paid much attention to it.

I guess we'll see if there are any of these types of details to come out of this escapade.

When i got my minors when i was under 21 (1 year ago haha) i had to pay 75 bucks for the first cuz i was cooperative with the cops and the judge then the 2nd i paid 75 again but was wirttin up for 225 but the jduge reduced it. thats it no clssses or nohtin jsut a fine. btw, they are btoh off my record now

When i got my minors when i was under 21 (1 year ago haha) i had to pay 75 bucks for the first cuz i was cooperative with the cops and the judge then the 2nd i paid 75 again but was wirttin up for 225 but the jduge reduced it. thats it no clssses or nohtin jsut a fine. btw, they are btoh off my record now

Jeez, Proud, reading your post I thought maybe they cut off one of your fingers!

Jeez, Proud, reading your post I thought maybe they cut off one of your fingers!

Well this isn't good. I guess I'm glad this isn't a NCAA violation like Blarney's, but it is still of our best players committing a small crime...

Looks like you were drinking when you typed this one in!!!! :silly: