SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UMtc

AZSIOUX

So I wonder if Lucia is going to have one of his players run our goalie over and elbow him on the way down.

Watched the game last night and Gordon (I believe that is he name) blantly gave Fisher a little extra.

If they do that to our team I can definately seeing a brawl erupting. I think its funny that people are trying

to say that he was pushed so that excuses the taking out a goalie. Although in a way its kind of funny because I can't

stand the cocky denver team or their coach.

There is no doubt that Gordon gave it a little extra. Probably had a lot to do wiht Fisher's barking the night before, but still, it was really uncalled for.

Not really sure why Gordon got a game DQ though, all he did was lay on his back, and take a beating, never even removed his gloves, or attempted to throw a punch. But that is the way of officiating in the WCHA !! With his DQ, that means the Goph's will only have 19 players available to suit up on Friday, and they already have a "D" playing wing just to fill the lines.

Sioux playing with a little confidence again, Goph's going through a little patch right now, should be a lot of fun !!

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UND's best chance of winning is to get the Gophers off their game.

Best way to do that is to hit the body, numbers behind the puck, and get inside their heads. Denver being especially good at the latter.

The other key will be to draw penalties, as its dang near impossible to score against MN even strength. That means keeping feet moving, pressure the D, and go to the net - make em haul you down.

I have a hunch we'll see guys step up this weekend.

You're kidding yourself if you think that we'll get an advantage in penalties called.

You're kidding yourself if you think that we'll get an advantage in penalties called.

Thats right! Remember folks, WCHA ref's are on the GOpher payroll! :lol:

Sioux-Gopher weekend, does it get any better!!?!?!?!

Should be a fun weekend of hockey either way. Hope I can get rid of my shift Friday night so I can get to the game.

I saw that too. Karma on stuff like that has a way of getting back to you...

That is why I don't like Pioneers or their coach, that type of attitude starts behind the bench and works its way forward. They haven't changed at all since they became a force in the league. The rub their opponents face in it. Getting in the opposition face after a game and smacking your stick on the opposition players box in their arena is total classless... To top it all off, Punkobitch is still up to his old tricks, he absolutely flattened a gopher player into the boards. Of course he picked a smaller player.

The Whistler is right there is no way the Sioux will get the breaks this weekendand get more power plays than Minnesota, wont happen . If that happens I predict that Lucia will be lodging a complaint with the league office because he didn't get his entitled Power Plays. Seriously.

Actually there shouldn't be a lot of penalties kills this weekend as the Fighting Sioux have not taked that many penalties this season, I am some what surprised.

The Whistler is right there is no way the Sioux will get the breaks this weekendand get more power plays than Minnesota, wont happen . If that happens I predict that Lucia will be lodging a complaint with the league office because he didn't get his entitled Power Plays. Seriously.

Actually there shouldn't be a lot of penalties kills this weekend as the Fighting Sioux have not taked that many penalties this season, I am some what surprised.

MN "tackled" last weekend as well as Denver once did, before the "rules" implementation. Wonder if the cheap shots and fights with Shep sr. in the crowd will change anything. Could be powerplay constantly if we're back to the "rules".

To top it all off, Punkobitch is still up to his old tricks, he absolutely flattened a gopher player into the boards. Of course he picked a smaller player.

The guy is a pretty decent hockey player......but a bit of waste of human flesh !!

He may be the biggest hack in the WCHA.

Not really. I seem to recall we started out on a pretty good clip regarding penalties early in the year. We repressed it because for much of that time we weren't keeping the puck out of the net.

Fire Helmet Guy: I wouldn't say the officials are on the Gopher payroll. A few years back Mankato won (or nearly won) because of the shoddy officiating job done at the Mariucci and MSUM got more power plays than Minnesota. However, they do get away with an AWFUL lot of ticky tacky stuff. My only worries are if they'll call the game both ways and if they'll protect the goaltenders. Neither things are the officials known for. Being that is so, I hope Grieco gets a lot of work in practice this weekend. We might need him.

Not really. I seem to recall we started out on a pretty good clip regarding penalties early in the year. We repressed it because for much of that time we weren't keeping the puck out of the net.

Fire Helmet Guy: I wouldn't say the officials are on the Gopher payroll. A few years back Mankato won (or nearly won) because of the shoddy officiating job done at the Mariucci and MSUM got more power plays than Minnesota. However, they do get away with an AWFUL lot of ticky tacky stuff. My only worries are if they'll call the game both ways and if they'll protect the goaltenders. Neither things are the officials known for. Being that is so, I hope Grieco gets a lot of work in practice this weekend. We might need him.

I know they are not on the Gopher payroll, thats just what everyone seems to say....especially after that Mankato weekend.

I saw a few Gopher fans posting what I thought to be pretty pold predictions given I think the UND that comes to town this weekend is like many others before, one starting to hit its stride. Meanwhile the Gophers need to build off the success of their PP from Saturday and continue what's overall been mostly strong defensive play. It should be obvious to anyone the talent gap on these teams isn't as great as the the points gap in the standings and out of respect for UND and the UM-UND rivalry I expect UND to give the Gophers a hell of a series. Should be a great weekend of hockey from a great rivalry (my favorite one) but I'd be lying if didn't admit I hope the Gophers put the final nail in UND's coffin. :lol:

[edit] I think it's a bit early to start complaining about the reffing considering the games haven't been played yet. :D The Gophers don't 'get away' with anything more than any team they play. In fact I'd say the refs let MSUM get away with plenty cheap action and UW got away with several boarding calls. These things happen to all teams it's just easier to notice it when the call goes against your own and/or in favor of your biggest rival. Blaming the refs disprespects the game and the Gophers. If UND wins this series they will have earned it as will have the Gophers should it go their way.

I saw a few Gopher fans posting what I thought to be pretty pold predictions given I think the UND that comes to town this weekend is like many others before, one starting to hit its stride. Meanwhile the Gophers need to build off the success of their PP from Saturday and continue what's overall been mostly strong defensive play. It should be obvious to anyone the talent gap on these teams isn't as great as the the points gap in the standings and out of respect for UND and the UM-UND rivalry I expect UND to give the Gophers a hell of a series. Should be a great weekend of hockey from a great rivalry (my favorite one) but I'd be lying if didn't admit I hope the Gophers put the final nail in UND's coffin. :lol:

[edit] I think it's a bit early to start complaining about the reffing considering the games haven't been played yet. :D The Gophers don't 'get away' with anything more than any team they play. In fact I'd say the refs let MSUM get away with plenty cheap action and UW got away with several boarding calls. These things happen to all teams it's just easier to notice it when the call goes against your own and/or in favor of your biggest rival. Blaming the refs disprespects the game and the Gophers. If UND wins this series they will have earned it as will have the Gophers should it go their way.

What! The Gophers have always got the calls to go their way. Why I do not think that the refs are on the payroll, but I do think that the refs have Maroon and gold glasses on.

What! The Gophers have always got the calls to go their way.

It's obvious you think that and I'll simply say I disagree. :lol: Teams like UND and UM generate more power plays traditionally than their opponent because they have very skilled players that force their opponents into unenviable situations. Situations that often induce illegal reactions intended to try and slow them down.

What! The Gophers have always got the calls to go their way. Why I do not think that the refs are on the payroll, but I do think that the refs have Maroon and gold glasses on.

OMG, the blaming of the officials is already starting up. C'MON FOLKS YOU GUYS ARE BETTER THAN THAT. It is barely noon on Monday.

I hope the Gophers put the final nail in UND's coffin. :lol:

Blaming the refs disprespects the game and the Gophers. If UND wins this series they will have earned it as will have the Gophers should it go their way.

Regarding the first point, we all know that the Gopher Coffin is usually rolled out in late March.

Regarding the second point, when UND wins we will all know exactly how the Gopher brass felt about the officiating if the inidividual in question disappears from next seasons WCHA official's roster. Regardless of whether he does a good job or not.

Lets quit on the refs already - games (for the most part) are not lost on what is perceived to be a blown or bad call. They are won or lost on a culmination of many factors which I'm sure most people on this board can list better than I.

Edit - although one could make a claim for that the blown call on Robbie in the WHCA Final 5 game against Denver. What should have been a 5 minute major and game suspension would have probably had a direct affect on the outcome of that game.

So I wonder if Lucia is going to have one of his players run our goalie over and elbow him on the way down.

Watched the game last night and Gordon (I believe that is he name) blantly gave Fisher a little extra.

If they do that to our team I can definately seeing a brawl erupting. I think its funny that people are trying

to say that he was pushed so that excuses the taking out a goalie. Although in a way its kind of funny because I can't

stand the cocky denver team or their coach.

He definitely was pushed. He also definitely could have entirely avoided Fisher.

Interestingly enough, Fisher flopped on Friday night leg his leg had been removed from his body. So, he can act, too.

Lets quit on the refs already - games (for the most part) are not lost on what is perceived to be a blown or bad call. They are won or lost on a culmination of many factors which I'm sure most people on this board can list better than I.

I agree 100%. Too many of our fans are already putting in a built-in excuse for a potential sweep of the Sioux this weekend. Have confidence in our team.

I agree 100%. Too many of our fans are already putting in a built-in excuse for a potential sweep of the Sioux this weekend. Have confidence in our team.

Bull crap that stupid, this is a discussion board if people want to talk about the refs sucking and being worthless so be it, wanting to fire the Officials so be it. I don't know any of us that have used the refs as an excuse. I don't know if anyone has blamed a loss on the refs, however, they aren't very good and its a legitimate subject. Seriously if the coaches are making hints about it with out going on the record officially then they are really bad. If you aren't sold on the fact that the Refs are bad I have a tape of the Gopher game from Saturday that will re-inforce that point of view. If you want to take the high ground talk about Sioux fan's being halos and bitching about the people that bitch about the officials go to Gopher Puck Live. Seriously, we have too many board police right now. Discussion is good, we can't have a love feast that goes like this all of our players are good they just aren't gettting the breaks. The refs have a very hard job and its not fair to criticize them. Maybe we should spend a day in their shoes.

I hope Erick Johnson touches lammy when finley is on the ice. Everyone on GPL is sayin how EJ this and Ej that. Or what wold even be more funny would be finley hammering on lucia's son.

Lord have mercy - Gopher fans talking kindly about a Gopher player? The world surely is coming to an end.

Hey, did you hope for the same thing in the WJC or because EJ had a USA jersey did you not wish him harm? But because this weekend he'll be wearing the, "M" it's different? Yep, the're nothing more 'proud' than wanting someone that plays the sport all of us love to get assaulted because you don't like the team he plays for or because you think his fans are mean poopyheads. You're not talking about someone like Paukovitch that happened to severely injure a Sioux player, you're targeting one player because Gopher fans are excited about his play and other because he's the son of the coach?

Of course perhaps I'm all wrong and you only hope that Finley delivers clean checks to EJ and that when Lucia gets hammered that he is able to walk away unscathed? I happen to also be a Wild fan and while the dip that chased down Boogaard last October asked to get smacked would anyone wish him to have his cheekbone caved in?

Here's to a boxing match breaking out, eh?

Lord have mercy - Gopher fans talking kindly about a Gopher player? The world surely is coming to an end.

Hey, did you hope for the same thing in the WJC or because EJ had a USA jersey did you not wish him harm? But because this weekend he'll be wearing the, "M" it's different? Yep, the're nothing more 'proud' than wanting someone that plays the sport all of us love to get assaulted because you don't like the team he plays for or because you think his fans are mean poopyheads. You're not talking about someone like Paukovitch that happened to severely injure a Sioux player, you're targeting one player because Gopher fans are excited about his play and other because he's the son of the coach?

Of course perhaps I'm all wrong and you only hope that Finley delivers clean checks to EJ and that when Lucia gets hammered that he is able to walk away unscathed? I happen to also be a Wild fan and while the dip that chased down Boogaard last October asked to get smacked would anyone wish him to have his cheekbone caved in?

Here's to a boxing match breaking out, eh?

Slap shot, your funny has hell in my book. So did we want to start the Briggs is a great big Sieve Cheer yet?