SiouxSports.com Forum

Western HS Hockey

My information is that Burchard gave him a two game suspension and that Burchard has apologized to the Williston coaching staff for the incident.

From what I know of Coach Burchard, that is along the lines of what I would have expected. He is a breath of fresh air.

If this is in fact true, that is good new to hear. Nice of the coach to appologize to the Williston staff, also.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was his second goal of the year.

According to the stats posted on Bob Gillens website, Dillon Kraft has 1 goal and 1 assist in 8 games. In the event those stats are incorrect and he actually does have 2 goals in 8 games, it would still be a very fortunate coincidence on Mr. Krafts behalf that he score a goal on the game he brings along his sharpie.

I'm glad we can all move on from this point now that we know the situation was handled by the coach.

According to the stats posted on Bob Gillens website, Dillon Kraft has 1 goal and 1 assist in 8 games. In the event those stats are incorrect and he actually does have 2 goals in 8 games, it would still be a very fortunate coincidence on Mr. Krafts behalf that he score a goal on the game he brings along his sharpie.

I'm glad we can all move on from this point now that we know the situation was handled by the coach.

What did the coach do?

Lets face it this kid probably carried the sharpie all year, just like a true tool would do.

Yeah im sure he would have gotten ran all game if he was playing in the East, haha what a joke. Like the kids that play in the east are tougher than the kids in west. It really doesn't matter whether this happened in the west or the east, either way there is no fighting in the east or the west. Do you really think it would be worth it to go and take Dillon Kraft out, get in a fight and be suspended. NO. These kids only play 20 some games, they certainly don't want to sit out a game or two for taking out Dillon Kraft. He's simply not worth it. If it was junior hockey he certainly wouldn't have pulled what he did because he would have got his head took off. Also there is a certain Colby Rehak who plays for Williston who certainly could have took care of Mr. Kraft if he wanted to, but once again why would Rehak (Williston's best player) want to take himself out of the game and probaly the next few games after that. So basically what im saying here is that the comment posted about how this never would have happened in the east is a complete joke. Rehak is just as tough if not tougher than anyone from the east. Lastly, I played in the west and played with plenty of kids from the east, and the kids from the east aren't any more physical or tougher than kids from the west. If you ask me I would say kids from the west play a rougher style of game than kids from the east.

I know that there will probaly be a bunch of people from the east who will respond to my comment and say the east is more physical and they are so tough but im not buying it. Most the people who post on here probaly never played hockey or else they come on here to brag up their son, so they really don't know what they are talking about anyway.

Yeah im sure he would have gotten ran all game if he was playing in the East, haha what a joke. Like the kids that play in the east are tougher than the kids in west. It really doesn't matter whether this happened in the west or the east, either way there is no fighting in the east or the west. Do you really think it would be worth it to go and take Dillon Kraft out, get in a fight and be suspended. NO. These kids only play 20 some games, they certainly don't want to sit out a game or two for taking out Dillon Kraft. He's simply not worth it. If it was junior hockey he certainly wouldn't have pulled what he did because he would have got his head took off. Also there is a certain Colby Rehak who plays for Williston who certainly could have took care of Mr. Kraft if he wanted to, but once again why would Rehak (Williston's best player) want to take himself out of the game and probaly the next few games after that. So basically what im saying here is that the comment posted about how this never would have happened in the east is a complete joke. Rehak is just as tough if not tougher than anyone from the east. Lastly, I played in the west and played with plenty of kids from the east, and the kids from the east aren't any more physical or tougher than kids from the west. If you ask me I would say kids from the west play a rougher style of game than kids from the east.

I know that there will probaly be a bunch of people from the east who will respond to my comment and say the east is more physical and they are so tough but im not buying it. Most the people who post on here probaly never played hockey or else they come on here to brag up their son, so they really don't know what they are talking about anyway.

Speaking of that Jamestown beat Devils Lake tonight 7-4, one of the easts top teams getting beat by a team from the west.

You make a very good point. Why waste a game of your high school season on someone like Dillon Kraft? Unfortunatly, many high school kids do not think that rationally, as shown by the actions of Dillon Kraft. That is the reason why many believe in certain situations even in high school hockey providing the right atmosphere something could have escalated after that celebration into a penalty worthy of a game ejection.

The following statement may or may not be true but it is logical reasoning to why some may believe hockey in the East is more physical to that of hockey in the West...

The first thing you need to do is look at what are the characteristics that make it such that we can consider them a "physical" team. Well, first I'll tell you that my definition as a physical team does not include teams that violate the rules of the game in trying to play a physical game. So put all your views of slashes and hits after the whistle away. With that said, how is a player able to play an effective physical game without violating the rules of the game. To play physical you have to have good balance, strength, body control, and good core strength. At the same time, you have to be fast enough to keep up with the player you will be making contact with and/or to finish your checks in the alotted time period after a pass is made or the puck is dumped into the zone. A physical team is able to do these things and has the discipline to do them legally. On that note, when a team from the West plays a team from the East it may appear as though the team from the East is far more physical. Why do you ask? Because the teams in the East are stronger skaters than most in the West, a fact that is proven by the success in the state tournement by Eastern teams. So the opportunity for a player from the West to make contact to someone from the East is largely decreased because of the difference in speed.

No. In the east as well as the state, theres South, theres Red River, and theres everyone else. Dont disgrace South and RR by grouping DL with them.

Don't disgrace DL by telling them they aren't worthy of being a top contender in the east. They may not be, but you are not the person to be telling them that.

DL is not a contender, they are a far cry from the RR's and the South's.

Devils Lake may not be a contender to take 1st or 2nd in the EDC race. We can all agree on that. But come the time in the EDC or state tournements any team can win on any given day (exception to maybe Wahpeton and Shanley this year). With that being said, I highly doubt come tournement time that either South or Red River will overlook Devils Lake, so I don't think it's very reasonable for anyone else to overlook them.

Devils Lake may not be a contender to take 1st or 2nd in the EDC race. We can all agree on that. But come the time in the EDC or state tournements any team can win on any given day (exception to maybe Wahpeton and Shanley this year). With that being said, I highly doubt come tournement time that either South or Red River will overlook Devils Lake, so I don't think it's very reasonable for anyone else to overlook them.

Earlier this year DL beat in DL, and Jamestown just beat DL in Jamestown.(According to ND State High School Hockey Page)

http://www.gfparks.org/ndaha/

What does that mean, not the person to tell them. If losing to Jamestown at home offered any more hints to why they aren't a contender, I just made the point clear. And why can't I point out something everyone knows already? Didn't know you were the police.

What I mean is, unless you are their coach, you are not the one who should tell any of those kids on the team (or any team for that matter) that they are not state title contenders.

No, I'm not the police, and you arent the one to be deciding who wins state either.

Bismarck High 5, Williston 0. Friday night in Williston.

Bismarck looked very composed, though not overly skilled. Seeberg and Hillman were the difference. Also thought LeBere had a solid game on defense and BHS's third line was better than I expected. Never looked out of place or intimidated on the ice.

More woes for Minot High School Hockey & Athletics overall. Our favorite Minot hockey player Dillon Kraft and Goalie Guy Weber were kicked off the hockey team by the school because pictures of them drinking alcohol at a party were found by school authorities on a girls MySpace blog. A basketball player and wrestler were also in photos of drinking alcohol during the party and were also removed from there team rosters. This is still developing and I'm not sure whether the parents are going to even try to fight this decision and try and get there kids back on there team.

More woes for Minot High School Hockey & Athletics overall. Our favorite Minot hockey player Dillon Kraft and Goalie Guy Weber were kicked off the hockey team by the school because pictures of them drinking alcohol at a party were found by school authorities on a girls MySpace blog. A basketball player and wrestler were also in photos of drinking alcohol during the party and were also removed from there team rosters. This is still developing and I'm not sure whether the parents are going to even try to fight this decision and try and get there kids back on there team.

Why not say the photos were digitally enhanced because they two hockey players had an altercation with the girl and she had it out for them. Haha, maybe not very realistic, but an interesting claim if it were to be tried.

How typical for this fool. Let's hope the Minot program can regain the discipline it had in the Blais/Bruce Olson years. Man, what a bunch of knobs. Typical for the Bush league champions of the Bush league consolation round at State. How do these guys get their cocky attitudes when they have not even done anything at state? Having such attitudes is never acceptable but the fact that the Minot players have exhibited themselves in classless idiocy is made even more weird by the fact that they have not even won anything to be cocky about. Losers.