SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Lakers Game Thread

HockeyMom

I was all set to blame it on the wind.... but DANG!
Other than the unfortunate fumble, that's not a bad thought, so far. Anyone who seriously thought that we were going to hold GVSU to 10 points like years past obviously wasn't paying attention to the UNO game.

UND needs to burn some of this clock to reduce GVSU's scoring chances, so we can get more possessions with the wind than we give up. There's no reason, yet, to think we won't get the good field positions and be just as effective with the wind as GVSU has been. If that's the case, it will come down to who can get some points going the wrong way and who can get some big stops (e.g. we need something analagous to GVSU's TO/TD).

On the other hand, if the game still looks like this half way into the 2nd, the bandwagon can officially unload (if it's possible for that happen more than it is already :silly: )

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not covering receivers has nothing to do with the wind.

Not being able to run the ball has nothing to do with the wind.

Not blocking has nothing to do with the wind.

Taking penalities has nothing to do with the wind.

We just don't look ready to play.

agreed

Not covering receivers has nothing to do with the wind.

Not being able to run the ball has nothing to do with the wind.

Not blocking has nothing to do with the wind.

Taking penalities has nothing to do with the wind.

We just don't look ready to play.

I would agree with most of that. The wind does make it more difficult to run only cause it makes the passing game more difficult.

I would agree with most of that. The wind does make it more difficult to run only cause it makes the passing game more difficult.

Stein has said repeatedly that the Sioux are simply missing blocks. That has nothing to do with the wind. And I did mention in another post that the wind is preventing us from stetching the field.