SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's Hockey

HockeyMom

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that I was able to listen to the game this afternoon. I should have driven into Forks to watch it, but this weekend was a long one and I've been sitting around all day.

Maybe having the broadcasts available will help generate interest in the women's team......the 2-0 start doesn't hurt either.

Next week is at the always tough Duluth. Last season, the Sioux upset the Bulldogs 2-0 on the road.

Awesome work this weekend. Another come from behind victory (same in Manitoba Exhibition game) and that builds character. As Hockeymom says, Duluth will be tough, but in order to be the best you have to play the best right? Awesome effort ladies, keep it up and everyone keep up the great comments of support!!

Go Sioux!

Hockeymom, how have the broadcasts been?

I just listened today. It seemed to be a good broadcast, but the only thing I have to go on is that when I have listened in the past, it's been off of a feed from an opposing team's website.........so this was better.

The announcers were very impressed with Porter's goal, apparently it was a great move.

Awesome work this weekend. Another come from behind victory (same in Manitoba Exhibition game) and that builds character. As Hockeymom says, Duluth will be tough, but in order to be the best you have to play the best right? Awesome effort ladies, keep it up and everyone keep up the great comments of support!!

Go Sioux!

To be the best you have to BEAT the best. Sounded like a good couple wins for the women, Congrats on that. What RPI stand for, they a Canada team?

You could see the avatar walking over to pick up a puck on the highlights that they showed for the women's team on Sioux Sports tonight.

I think you are miss reading this. The person was talking about playing Duluth.. in order for the Sioux Women to become the best they have to beat the best refering to Duluth not RPI.....

The Women played good this weekend. Hard to tell that they have that many freshman out there playing. The freshman they brought in are above the level the seniors went out on... that is what I believe anyways... their goalie looked good...kept them in the game.... would never have pulled those wins off last year.. the girls actually played hard throughout the whole game.. no lack of efforts the team use to get last year...

Congrats to the team...keep working hard!

I think you are miss reading this. The person was talking about playing Duluth.. in order for the Sioux Women to become the best they have to beat the best refering to Duluth not RPI.....

The Women played good this weekend. Hard to tell that they have that many freshman out there playing. The freshman they brought in are above the level the seniors went out on... that is what I believe anyways... their goalie looked good...kept them in the game.... would never have pulled those wins off last year.. the girls actually played hard throughout the whole game.. no lack of efforts the team use to get last year...

Congrats to the team...keep working hard!

I think you quoted the wrong post......and the person that I believe you should have quoted was replying to someone asking whether or not they were kidding about RPI being in Canada.

I hope your kidding. :silly:

If not click here.RPI Athletics ;)

1337 said to be the best you have to play the best, I was saying to be the best you have to beat the best. Wasn't saying RPI was the best. If ya wanna be the best ya have to beat the Minnesota's, Wisconsin's, and Duluth's of the world. Sounds like this team is young and not a whole lot of experience and will probably struggle the next couple years against these teams. Sounds like they have a strong nucleus to build upon for the future also. Two or Three years down the road their should be no excuses for this team not competing with the top teams. But maybe I'm wrong.

1337 said to be the best you have to play the best, I was saying to be the best you have to beat the best. Wasn't saying RPI was the best. If ya wanna be the best ya have to beat the Minnesota's, Wisconsin's, and Duluth's of the world. Sounds like this team is young and not a whole lot of experience and will probably struggle the next couple years against these teams. Sounds like they have a strong nucleus to build upon for the future also. Two or Three years down the road their should be no excuses for this team not competing with the top teams. But maybe I'm wrong.

A WCHA team has won every DI Women's National Championship....it's, hands down, the toughest league in the nation. Finishing the season in the top half of the WCHA would be one hell of an accomplishment and something to rest your hat on, and to build a young program on.

I guess what I like about having a young team is- that no one can tell them what teams they can or cannot beat. Hit the ice and believe that you can win every game, work your ass off and you will be successful.

That is all.

A WCHA team has won every DI Women's National Championship....it's, hands down, the toughest league in the nation. Finishing the season in the top half of the WCHA would be one hell of an accomplishment and something to rest your hat on, and to build a young program on.

I guess what I like about having a young team is- that no one can tell them what teams they can or cannot beat. Hit the ice and believe that you can win every game, work your ass off and you will be successful.

That is all.

Exactly my thoughts. It doesn't matter if they should beat a team by 4 or lose by 4, go out, play your game and give it all you have and see what happens. I think some conference splits this year, more non-conference wins and we'll have a season to build on. Go out, give it your all and see what happens. GO SIOUX!