Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

Facilities Master Plan


Recommended Posts

UND hopes to rename athletics building after former Olympian Fritz Pollard

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/6890159-UND-hopes-to-rename-athletics-building-after-former-Olympian-Fritz-Pollard

"The board’s approval would change the name of the High Performance Center, which was completed in 2015 and sits next to the soon-to-be removed Memorial Stadium, to the Fritz Pollard Jr. Athletic Center."

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I voted and paid for a Wellness Center that I have never stepped foot in. Everyone was aware of the cost and build out time but there was support because it was a betterment for future UND students. N

Hey, it seems to be vogue this week to resurrect threads started in 2006, so why not.  UND continues to work on the facilities master plan and now some faculty are upse

Myhra was a character and nice guy. I never would had thought of naming a building after him.  I had the privilege of sitting next to  Fritz Pollard at a UND alumni dinner one night. Great guy who h

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

UND hopes to rename athletics building after former Olympian Fritz Pollard

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/6890159-UND-hopes-to-rename-athletics-building-after-former-Olympian-Fritz-Pollard

"The board’s approval would change the name of the High Performance Center, which was completed in 2015 and sits next to the soon-to-be removed Memorial Stadium, to the Fritz Pollard Jr. Athletic Center."

See you at the "Fritz"!  Love it.  What a great human being to have a building named for!

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

UND hopes to rename athletics building after former Olympian Fritz Pollard

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/6890159-UND-hopes-to-rename-athletics-building-after-former-Olympian-Fritz-Pollard

"The board’s approval would change the name of the High Performance Center, which was completed in 2015 and sits next to the soon-to-be removed Memorial Stadium, to the Fritz Pollard Jr. Athletic Center."

What is his connection to UND?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Teeder11 said:

See you at the "Fritz"!  Love it.  What a great human being to have a building named for!

You would think that the school would be very careful with this...   we have seen that original intent and receiving extensive permissions can very much be twisted and maligned and retracted in the future.  The track record from "Honoring" to "Appropriating or Using" is very well documented.  I would pass.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FSSD said:

You would think that the school would be very careful with this...   we have seen that original intent and receiving extensive permissions can very much be twisted and maligned and retracted in the future.  The track record from "Honoring" to "Appropriating or Using" is very well documented.  I would pass.

Just a reminder about the ends justifies the means crowd.

Terry Morgan, another anti-nickname organizer, said Friday that opponents had a "signed affidavit" from a witness who allegedly heard the damning quote but that he'd have to find it.

The Herald could not reach him Saturday to see if he found the document.

Days later he was contacted and admitted that there was no affidavit and he rationalized all of it as "Ends justifies the means".  All it takes is one person and the New York Time will be here again - setting the record for the nation by taking only one side of the story and printing lies.  I live in the cities and same stuff is going on right now.. Ends/Means no discussion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FSSD said:

Just a reminder about the ends justifies the means crowd.

Terry Morgan, another anti-nickname organizer, said Friday that opponents had a "signed affidavit" from a witness who allegedly heard the damning quote but that he'd have to find it.

The Herald could not reach him Saturday to see if he found the document.

Days later he was contacted and admitted that there was no affidavit and he rationalized all of it as "Ends justifies the means".  All it takes is one person and the New York Time will be here again - setting the record for the nation by taking only one side of the story and printing lies.  I live in the cities and same stuff is going on right now.. Ends/Means no discussion.

Yeah, HPC sounds pretty good to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, siouxweet said:

What is his connection to UND?

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/1066668-From-the-archives-Learn-more-about-former-Olympian-multi-sport-athlete-Fritz-Pollard-Jr#.YCxEFcC3NUU.twitter

"Given the time, the era and the social issues of the time, not only what he accomplished, but when and where he accomplished it and who he accomplished it in front of, it's extraordinary. It's really one of the most underrated and forgotten stories of UND athletics history." - Jason Hajdu

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Fitting name to attach to the HPC. I do find it interesting, however, that J. Hadju had to weigh in on it via twitter calling the naming "long overdue." Really Hadju? The building opened in 2015. Nothing about it has been long. So glad that smug SJW moved on from UND. Blame Canada, ya hoser.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...