SiouxSports.com Forum

Facilities Master Plan

The Sicatoka

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

I only did 3 in Walsh.
But it did so much damage I had to move to the old folks home: Hancock. :D 

I did the one year at Walsh Hall when the U required you as a freshman to live in a dorm. They are now again doing that requirement, which I agree with. Hauling your stuff in cattle trailers is a god tool to bring in mice, ask the RA's at NDSU?

I remember having a mouse in our dorm room in Smith one time about 14 years ago. Only time I ever saw it. That aside, I loved my time living in the dorms. I always had a blast. Its more about who you live with vs. Where you live. 

Spent time in a frat, and while that was fun, I actually didn't like the living style as much. Moved into an apartment with my buddies from the dorm. Again, it was a absolute blast.

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

I remember having a mouse in our dorm room in Smith one time about 14 years ago. Only time I ever saw it. That aside, I loved my time living in the dorms. I always had a blast. Its more about who you live with vs. Where you live. 

Spent time in a frat, and while that was fun, I actually didn't like the living style as much. Moved into an apartment with my buddies from the dorm. Again, it was a absolute blast.

My exact experience, minus the mouse.

Also I was in Brannon and was secretly jealous of the greater camaraderie that I perceived was at Walsh.  I think the bathrooms between the common area and the dorm rooms in the Wilki complex made it more difficult to meet people, because you have to go into the bathroom area before you can see into someones dorm room.  In walsh, you could just walk down the hall and say hi to anyone with their door open, without being intruding or feeling obligated to stay and chit chat.  

32 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

My exact experience, minus the mouse.

Also I was in Brannon and was secretly jealous of the greater camaraderie that I perceived was at Walsh.  I think the bathrooms between the common area and the dorm rooms in the Wilki complex made it more difficult to meet people, because you have to go into the bathroom area before you can see into someones dorm room.  In walsh, you could just walk down the hall and say hi to anyone with their door open, without being intruding or feeling obligated to stay and chit chat.  

Yep dorms were fun. I still remember having to sneak booze in. One time in particular I lugged 3 cases of bottled beer up to the top floor of Smith in my hockey bag. I'm sure nobody wondered why there was a bunch of glass clanking while I walked down the hallway.

We did for the Frozen Four with UND/MN/CC/DU. THAT was a blast, minus losing to Denver. Hard to believe how long ago that was now.

• 4 weeks later...

Any news on the golf course for this summer?

so much potential there, so much room for entrepreneurship, for work programs, for internships in many areas.

does Crookston still have the golf course area of study?

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Oh goodie. There is an orientation for incoming freshman next month. Road construction on University Ave will suck, but if it eliminates the potholes it will be worth it. 

15 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

That is ALOT of construction for one time period

Agree.........and it is a lot. (2words)

MM texted me to correct you. Spotty WiFi for him in Milwaukee as he is participating in the 50 and Over World Grammer Championships. 

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Agree.........and it is a lot. (2words)

MM texted me to correct you. Spotty WiFi for him in Milwaukee as he is participating in the 50 and Over World Grammer Championships. 

:D

That was me just slangin' it up like da kids do