SiouxSports.com Forum

Facilities Master Plan

The Sicatoka

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Can somebody tell me if the HPC is open for the public to enter and look around? I will be in Grand Forks tomorrow and would like to take a look?

will the football team be practicing there tomorrow and can we watch? Time of practice if I can attend?

thanks

The HPC is a closed facility, unless it’s being used  for  open to the public events like spring game, track meets and even Halloween Bash this coming Wednesday night.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Embarrassing that barely 2,000 students voted.  It's not a small chunk of change for an incoming freshman... not factoring in the 2% increase per year it's $1,680 over 120 credit hours.  Not saying that it didn't need to be done, a new Union will be nice although I have to question who thought we needed a rooftop patio in North Dakota... really?

7 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Embarrassing that barely 2,000 students voted.  It's not a small chunk of change for an incoming freshman... not factoring in the 2% increase per year it's $1,680 over 120 credit hours.  Not saying that it didn't need to be done, a new Union will be nice although I have to question who thought we needed a rooftop patio in North Dakota... really?

Actually I'm surprised that many voted tbh. 

29 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

You ever been on campus when it’s nice? You ever see the patios at bars and restaurants when it’s nice? Really?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

You ever been on campus when it’s nice? You ever see the patios at bars and restaurants when it’s nice? Really?

Yes, I spent two summers in Grand Forks. I cannot think of a single I ever hangout on a patio at a bar or restaurant.

9 hours ago, Cratter said:

Not like rooftop patios are a huge expense upon a building project.

I know it is not apples to apples comparison, but last summer went to Wisconsin-Madison and was amazed at their student union. Large outdoor patio, lots of options for food & drink (gasp, even alcohol), a place for concerts, just a real cool space. I realize that theirs is a more "public space" but it was still super nice. 

11 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

The facebook comments are just a riot.  

Yea, it's like people do not understand how funding/budgeting works.

Also, why the hate toward a new center? If I was still a student 100% vote yes.

Like everything else, people will be mad then when it opens think man this is a nice facility!