SiouxSports.com Forum

Facilities Master Plan

The Sicatoka

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

between chipman and fennell why the heck can't we get those damn millionaires/billionaires to write a measley 10 million dollar check each and get this done tomorrow?  

Are you dense? They are waiting to announce their donation for phase two (and a new stadium) until the university holds a press conference to go FBS.  Why else do you think we got a new mascot?  All of the fbs teams have mascots... Learn to read the tea leaves.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Are you dense? They are waiting to announce their donation for phase two (and a new stadium) until the university holds a press conference to go FBS.  Why else do you think we got a new mascot?  All of the fbs teams have mascots... Learn to read the tea leaves.  

How does the band look?

In all seriousness, the push for HPC Phase 2 has already been moved to the front of the line. Kennedy is publicly stating to various groups it needs to get done ASAP, Chaves is echoing it at every chance. The push that is needed from the top will hopefully get this going very soon. My hope is with how publicly they are talking about it, a significant portion of funds are secured or at least pending.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

In all seriousness, the push for HPC Phase 2 has already been moved to the front of the line. Kennedy is publicly stating to various groups it needs to get done ASAP, Chaves is echoing it at every chance. The push that is needed from the top will hopefully get this going very soon. My hope is with how publicly they are talking about it, a significant portion of funds are secured or at least pending.

Yes, let's get it done!

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I was stunned when I saw this in the GF Herald.
http://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/editorials/4490940-our-view-hpc2-looms-definite-need-und

So here I am agreeing with the Herald (I feel so dirty): 
- yes, the old worn out buildings need to go, they're a drain on funds, a deferred maintenance budget drag, and an eyesore
- yes, an updating of facilities for Athletics is needed, including all the things the Herald mentions 
- and yes, we need this to happen so the Hyslop space can become a new STEM building 

But but but… you are destroying history!

I fell out of my chair when I read this.  Of course order was restored when they put up a poll saying Should UND spend more on athletic facilities?  You can take a wild guess how most people voted on that.

Don't know what surprised me more: This, or the missing Springfest edition. 

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

The longer it goes unbuilt the less we get for that price tag. We need to raise the money yesterday.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Can't they get the money from the REA....just kidding.:whistling:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

New leases on life for a couple UND buildings. 

http://blogs.und.edu/und-today/2018/09/new-leases-on-life/ 

Thought Babcock was destined for demolishing in the 80’s because it’s was such a hazard.  The idea that it will a computing center and the HQ for Electrical Engineering department seems like a joke.  The foundation must be much better than we imagined at the time.

Always thought Babcock was a very ugly building that did fit in the architectural motif of the campus.

49 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Cool new images. Seen lots of those dreams and "Master Plans" over the years from the different UND presidents.

I can't even remember how long the talks about renovating Gamble Hall and Memorial Union have been around....and Memorial Stadium too! :lol:

I hope the students see the long game with their vote on the union.