SiouxSports.com Forum

2006 Men's BB

UND Fan

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WINONA STATE WARRIORS 2006 DIV2 MENS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS...

Go ahead and be proud. But this is not the place to be bragging about 1 National Championship.

1959 DI Men's Hockey National Champions

1963 DI Men's Hockey National Champions

1980 DI Men's Hockey National Champions

1982 DI Men's Hockey National Champions

1987 DI Men's Hockey National Champions

1997 DI Men's Hockey National Champions

1997 DII Women's Basketball National Champions

1998 DII Women's Basketball National Champions

1999 DII Women's Basketball National Champions

2000 DI Men's Hockey National Champions

2001 DII Football National Champions

Go ahead and be proud. But this is not the place to be bragging about 1 National Championship.

U will never ever see UND win a championship again in Football and of course they will never win a championship In B-Ball.. :)

I agree that the knee is still bothering him but I also think he is about 20 lbs. heavier than he should be right now. Might be due to the knee, I don't know.

This isn't a very good team, no early signings either. Give me a reason to get interested in mens bball at UND, please!!!!

Yeah, he has had 3 surgeries the past 15 months. He said he's only able to play at about 50% of what he's used to playing. The Doctors recommended that he hang it up, but he was pretty persistant on playing. The point guard play was not good at all last night. Hopefully they can give MSUM a good game tonite.

63 UND

70 MSU

Final

The title run has slowed to a trot...

:silly:

I find the most glaring weakness on UND's roster is outside shooting. They have no one who can consistantly hit 3's. What killed them tonite was perimeter defense and the fact that MSUM got absolutely on fire shooting 3's. It was a fun to watch none the less though.

I find the most glaring weakness on UND's roster is outside shooting. They have no one who can consistantly hit 3's.

To offset that weakness, they appear to have a plethora of players who still consistently shoot 3's. :lol:

Seriously, in addition to inconsistent outside shooting, they have been horrible at the FT line, and due to injuries to Gutter and Dryburg, there is (like last year) very little inside presence. Gutter played with a fractured rib last night, and is now going to be out for 2-3 weeks.

U of MARY BESC 7 p.m.

MAYVILLE STATE BESC 4 p.m.

BEMIDJI STATE BESC 7 p.m.

DICKINSON STATE BESC 8 p.m.

at Mary Bismarck, N.D. 7 p.m.

MINOT STATE BESC 7 p.m.

at Bemidji State

Remember when UND would win these games by 30 points? Now they will be lucky to go .500 during this upcoming stretch of games. UND has a long way to go to get to where NDSU Men's team is at. Let's see, NDSU is competing closely with Texas Tech, Minnesota, and beat Wisc. Meanwhile, UND is losing to Moorhead and Concordia St Paul.

Where is another Scott Guldseth when you need him?

U of MARY BESC 7 p.m.

MAYVILLE STATE BESC 4 p.m.

BEMIDJI STATE BESC 7 p.m.

DICKINSON STATE BESC 8 p.m.

at Mary Bismarck, N.D. 7 p.m.

MINOT STATE BESC 7 p.m.

at Bemidji State

Remember when UND would win these games by 30 points? Now they will be lucky to go .500 during this upcoming stretch of games. UND has a long way to go to get to where NDSU Men's team is at. Let's see, NDSU is competing closely with Texas Tech, Minnesota, and beat Wisc. Meanwhile, UND is losing to Moorhead and Concordia St Paul.

Where is another Scott Guldseth when you need him?

I thought it was Rich's fault..?

And considering this is a MEN's Basketball thread ... the MEN's Basketballl championship is .... where?

A school that supports women's basketball more than men.

A school that is moving to D1 in a year is losing to average D2 teams.

Time and paitience is needed with a new coach granted but ALL winning programs have great fan support and UND's basketball program is very far off in that regard.

:silly: What does that mean??? Like you said, a successful program has support, so if it's a women's program, that doesn't "count" as much? Unfortunately..it seems many have that opinion..for example..the Herald yet again...women win 2nd tournament before starting the regular season...women 5-0 burried on page 5. You really have to search for results and struggle to listen as internet feeds don't work but I bet you wouldn't for hockey or football..so you may have a point...or perhaps you didn't mean it the way it sounds.

And considering this is a MEN's Basketball thread ... the MEN's Basketballl championship is .... where?

A school that is moving to D1 in a year is losing to average D2 teams.

Time and paitience is needed with a new coach granted but ALL winning programs have great fan support and UND's basketball program is very far off in that regard.

If the program is still struggling next year, then there's some concerns. As far as fan support is concerned, UND probably does about as well as a program could considering how many poor seasons there have been over the past decade. To see what losing does to attendance at even a school that prides itself on being a "basketball school," look at what's going on at SDSU.

I thought it was Rich's fault..?

Please, don't go into "Tim and Swyg" mode here. :silly:

The Men's program slowly and gradually deteriorated under Rich Glas's "leadership". Glas couldn't get any good talent to come here and the more we lost, the harder it got to get good talent and the problem snowballed. Glas had his good years and ran a clean program, but it was time for a change. Brian Jones has his work cut out for him cleaning this mess up. This team will have trouble getting into double-digits in victories the next two years. After that, look for our D-I status to help recruiting and the players will understand the new systems Jones is now putting in.

Until then, look for things to get worse before they get better. ;)

Just a few thoughts about our favorite basketball squad after getting to watch them last night rather than just hear them:

The team is very very athletic and should be fun to watch once they develop more chemistry and learn the offensive scheme. Emanuel Little is especially fun to watch. Youmens seems to have alot of talent and flashiness too, but made a few dumb passes last night.

They didn't move well on offense when they didn't have the ball last night. Lots of standing around. Also alot of flat-footedness on defense.

The lack of a true point guard is really evident. Youmens appears to be trying, but tried to do too much at times last night. I would have liked to have seen Bledsoe play more. Someone needs to tell Doyle that the floor does not end at the 3-point arc. He is probably the best candidate to play the point full time if he could keep his appetite for shooting 25 footers in check.

The team will be better when Gutter and Dryburg are healthy, right now Koenig is the only true post playing, and I don't think he is 100%. I thought with the injuries that perhaps the freshman Lenhertz would have gotten in some. I think while playing shorthanded, it looks like they might be better off with Boyce playing in the post than Kruse. He seems to be much stronger and more physical that Kruse, and Kruse appears to be the better outside shooter.

Northern St. is a very good team, and honestly I thought this game would not be close. I think this team is headed in the right direction, and is already much better than last year's team.

Just a few thoughts about our favorite basketball squad after getting to watch them last night rather than just hear them:

The team is very very athletic and should be fun to watch once they develop more chemistry and learn the offensive scheme. Emanuel Little is especially fun to watch. Youmens seems to have alot of talent and flashiness too, but made a few dumb passes last night.

They didn't move well on offense when they didn't have the ball last night. Lots of standing around. Also alot of flat-footedness on defense.

The lack of a true point guard is really evident. Youmens appears to be trying, but tried to do too much at times last night. I would have liked to have seen Bledsoe play more. Someone needs to tell Doyle that the floor does not end at the 3-point arc. He is probably the best candidate to play the point full time if he could keep his appetite for shooting 25 footers in check.

The team will be better when Gutter and Dryburg are healthy, right now Koenig is the only true post playing, and I don't think he is 100%. I thought with the injuries that perhaps the freshman Lenhertz would have gotten in some. I think while playing shorthanded, it looks like they might be better off with Boyce playing in the post than Kruse. He seems to be much stronger and more physical that Kruse, and Kruse appears to be the better outside shooter.

Northern St. is a very good team, and honestly I thought this game would not be close. I think this team is headed in the right direction, and is already much better than last year's team.

I agree that there were some real positives to be taken from last night's game. I can't help but think what UND could be if the team was actually healthy--Koenig, Bledsoe, Gutter, Dryburgh and Harkins all being either out or coming off a serious injury. The team is definitely more fun to watch than it's been in awhile, and some of the new guys are very talented.

I just liked the way the men fought back last night. Many times the last few years, they just couldn't find that last run at the end of the game. Just even getting a shot off in that last posession of regulation, much less a OT forcing bucket was huge. It is a long, long way to go, but at least it was a small step. There was even a decent crowd at the end of the game to see the run.