SiouxSports.com Forum

1987 Championship Team Poster

BobIwabuchiFan

I'm looking for a copy or framed version of the 1987 team poster that was a painted representation of the best College Ice Hockey team of all time....I've seen a few in GF, but always forgot to get information on the artist or the publisher...Any help would be appreciated.

Loyal Fighting Sioux Fan!

My father is the artist who painted that. I have one hanging in front of me now. I can sure inquire, if you are looking for one.

Let me know! ;)

That would be great! I believe it was a poster that was published from the painting your father made...Any chance to send a digital picture of the painting so I can confirm?

Bob Joyce is holding #5, Hrkac is next to him w/o helmet. There is the mob group in the background, and in the right lower corner there is a circle with the 5 championship rings in it.

Sounds like the real deal...Is there anyway to get reproduction prints of this poster from your father? I would be very interested in this if possible...

Iwabuchi...I was in Junior HS, maybe HS at the time he played for UND. As I remember he was very agressive in going FAR out of the net. He is one of my favorite all time players. Any idea where he is today, or what he did after UND?

batting 500

I googled him and found a Bob Iwabuchi working as a hockey coach in Edmonton Alberta...Not sure if its him, but it has a phone #.

BobIwabuchiFan

It's a great poster! A couple of months ago, I inherited one from a professor who was cleaning out his closet in preparation for retirement and a move. The poster had been glued to cardboard and was a tad wavy from being in the closet for almost 20 years but the good folks at Michael's fixed the "scoliosis," matted it and framed it up real pretty for me. It's hanging in my guest room.

I googled him and found a Bob Iwabuchi working as a hockey coach in Edmonton Alberta...Not sure if its him, but it has a phone #.

BobIwabuchiFan

Bobbi was until recently an executive in a major food company Edmonton (started by his Dad and later bought out). He is married to a North Dakota girl (who alter completed medical school). They live in Edmonton.

I'll give him a call today (Tue), and hopefully figure out where the prints are. I'm pretty sure we have some somewhere. I'll PM you when I know.

How do you want to do the transaction? Do I send you an e-mail address and work out the money side and shipping...Please advise...BobIwabuchiFan

I'll give him a call today (Tue), and hopefully figure out where the prints are. I'm pretty sure we have some somewhere. I'll PM you when I know.

I would also know how I can get one of those prints. My friend has one and it is really nice. :love:

After several requests I have decided to post a picture of the framed print that I have hanging in my apartment. It was tought to take with the light the way it was, and having to use a flash. But here it is in any case...

100_1312.jpg

:love:

Take away the flash, and a dab of paint that my grandmother got on it when painting her garage, and there you have it.

Any more questions, feel free to email. I enjoy hearing from fellow Sioux fans! :lol:

My souviner from the 87 team is the poster put out earlier in the year by the athletic department promoting our four stars for the Hobey. It has individual pictures of Ian Kidd, Ed Belfour, Tony Hrkac & Bob Joyce and then a quite lengthy bio of each one below their picture.

Hello all!

After sending off two prints to BobIwabuchiFan I am happy to report that I have 6 here with me. If I need more I should be able to get 4 or 5 additional.

They are available. If anyone still wants to pick one up, e-mail me at the address I gave and I'll give the address where you can send payment.

I'm excited to hear from so many great sioux fans! 2 more days!! GO SIOUX!!

Hello all!

After sending off two prints to BobIwabuchiFan I am happy to report that I have 6 here with me. If I need more I should be able to get 4 or 5 additional.

They are available. If anyone still wants to pick one up, e-mail me at the address I gave and I'll give the address where you can send payment.

I'm excited to hear from so many great sioux fans! 2 more days!! GO SIOUX!!

I am interested in one of the prints you have left. I emailed you the other day but I didn't hear back. Please let me know how I can get it. Thanks again.

SiouxTupa,

Got my prints and man do they look good! I especially like the part where your Dad signs the print and the numbering as well. The prints are currently being framed and expect to have it hanging in my office by April 22nd..I'll send a picture when it happens...

Thanks Again!

BobIwabuchiFan