SiouxSports.com Forum

Should Rich Glas Resign or be Fired?

Cratter

Should Rich Glas Resign or be Fired?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. What do Sioux Fans Think?

• Yes
    • No

I have it from a very reliable source that Glas will join Ben Jacobson at UNI as an assistant coach next season. I cannot say who the sopurce is, but I trust it to be reliable. Buning's job just got real interesting and his decision will be very telling as to the direction that UND basketball and UND athletics plans to go!!!!

Jeff Kolpack must read this message board.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it from a very reliable source that Glas will join Ben Jacobson at UNI as an assistant coach next season. I cannot say who the sopurce is, but I trust it to be reliable. Buning's job just got real interesting and his decision will be very telling as to the direction that UND basketball and UND athletics plans to go!!!!

I wonder who the assistant coach at Moorhead State is? :lol:

My big concern is that due to the fact that the start of the late signing period is so close, Buning will name Herbst interim coach or, worse yet, name him as Glas's successor! If that happens, there will be a lot of ticked off fans. I'm hoping for Craig Smith. If not Smith, I'm hoping for anybody besides Herbst.

What's kind of interesting is that both NDSU and UND may make a play for Smith if Miles gets offerred the UNC-Wilmington job.

I thought about that, also. Would NDSU give strong consideration to Koering? I assume he played a big role in recruiting most of the current players. Or perhaps he would follow Miles to Wilmington?

I know it would be a longshot since he's from Winona and is coming off a national championship season, but I hope Buning contacts Mike Leaf. I can't imagine he makes much money at Winona State, and with the probable division I move coming, maybe he'd be interested?

From today's Herald:

The Northern Iowa position Glas may pursue opened for applications Monday. Glas said he has no timetable for making a decision.

I'm sure the holdup is that since Northern Iowa isn't hiring from within, they need to go through the formal process, which will probably take a few weeks. I doubt very much that Rich is actually considering staying at UND. However, that period of time is going to make it very tough for UND to recruit. I can live with that, so long as Buning actually looks to hire a permanent replacement as opposed to naming Herbst interim coach. I think fans will be understanding if next season is a struggle, given the timing of the coaching change, but I believe that understanding will only extend to a completely new regime.

Lest anybody thinks there's ANY chance Rich isn't leaving, his house just went up for sale today. I certainly hope Buning has been on the horn the past few days calling prospective candidates. Northern Iowa may have to wait until the formal hiring process has been completed to announce Glas's hiring, but UND certainly doesn't have to wait any longer to start its search.

I don't know for sure but I would be surprised if it was anything more than a rumor!

Obviously, I was wrong. It certainly appears that UNI will announce that Rich has accepted Jake's offer. The announcement could come as early as Tuesday in Cedar Falls.

• 3 weeks later...