SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU Snakes

azlivin

That very well could have been the scenario that's causing all the fuss.

Ex.- "Best of luck at UND. Thanks for considering NDSU. If you decide to change your mind, there's a full ride available at NDSU."

Could that be misunderstood as an offer by a high school student?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Since Ruley supposedly hadn't recruited her before, that scenario is not possible.

This is possible:

"If you decide to change your mind and go to a 'DI school', a full ride can be offered by NDSU."

BTW, the Forum does confirm Hendrickson is gone.[

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an article in the Forum today about the Basketball situation at NDSU. Amy confirms that the Wisconsin point guard went home. She also says her Division I transfer post player is inelgible to play this year. She is pulling the red shirts of two players. She sounds a little desperate. She sounds a little "panicked". The stories we heard yesterday seem to fit right in.

The Maughan story is slightly different than Ruley's, as according to NCAA rules (which I brushed up on after screwing up yesterday) can talk about enrolled students changing schools immediately.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nobody cares what Maughn said, etc. The point is that it is ironic that a story resembling what happened comes out two days after what Amy did. I have never seen another story about this topic ever in the Forum or the Herald so it just seems weird that one would come out when another one is expected. Grease the skids as another poster stated.

My understanding of this whole issue is that there was A LOT of frustration on the part of the recruit because of the fact that ndsu wasn't even calling her duing the recruiting process. Then after they lose their point guard, they go calling her AFTER they knew she had verballed. Unless they dont read the paper, there is no way they didnt know it. Illegal, no. Immoral and unethical, yes.

She wasn't frustrated at all about not hearing from NDSU...UND was her first choice...the part that was upsetting was the fact that only a postcard had come in the mail until the infamous phone call....the question is where had the bison been all along

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I understood she had been recruited by the AC. They may have backed off at some time but I believe they were recruiting her at one time. Someone who reads this board knows the answer to that and could clarify but he is old and probably not up yet. (Maybe he wants us to visualize the answer). Anyway why would she give up going to a better school, with a better team, play for the D2 tiltle as opposed to going to the AC and playing in limbo?

Nobody cares what Maughn said, etc.  The point is that it is ironic that a story resembling what happened comes out two days after what Amy did.  I have never seen another story about this topic ever in the Forum or the Herald so it just seems weird that one would come out when another one is expected.  Grease the skids as another poster stated.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is there any doubt that Kolpack and McFeely (as well as Fee, Nelson, and Foss at the Herald), puruse these message boards? Both Kolpack and McFeely have referred to message boards in their columns. Kolpack, "like a good FORUM soldier", effectively assisted NDSU in two ways: helped Amy look less like an ogre, and heaped victim status on the NDSU wrestling program which will face some difficult years.

Amy's attempt at poaching UND's DII recruit also throws cold water on the FORUM's assertion that UND is just the minors compared to NDSU status. Other than actually filling its schedules and meeting its scholarship numbers (tuition waivers coming), there have been no great successesin sports other than football.

Just a reminder of a partisan scurrilous FOrum editorial (if it had been a column by Mcfeely it would not be offensive or borderline slanderous):

Just a few months ago UND, led by then-AD Roger Thomas, dismissed NDSU’s move to Division IAA as foolish and destined to fail. Thomas and his allies said the Sioux wanted nothing to do with moving up from Division II, where they have enjoyed great success.

NDSU, which moved ahead quickly into Division IAA status, met its goals, filled its schedule with good teams, added to scholarship numbers and generally accomplished what school officials predicted. The Bison football team compiled an 8-3 record in its first Division IAA season last year. It’s gone very well, and it appears the success in Fargo has been noticed in Grand Forks.

Thomas made no secret of his disdain for NDSU. He resisted mightily a UND move up to Division IAA, and like good soldiers, his coaches fell into line.

Second, UND alumni who are interested in sports sense their school is being left behind – relegated to second-class status in all sports except hockey.

NDSU was right to be offended by UND’s conduct regarding the Division IAA issue. Thomas and his minions were just plain juvenile.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm...section=Opinion

I notice that the several Bison fans who frequent this site have not commented on this.  It must be a fluke that they haven't seen it yet - or could it be that they are embarrassed by this unethical behavior by one of their own???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;) I am not sure if you are referring to me, but let me just clarify that, yes, NDSU is my alma mater, but believe me...I will be a die hard Sioux fan for at least the next 4 years. That said....I am familiar with Amy as I was recruited by her back in the day and I am close to someone who was just recently recruited by her...her style sucks...for lack of a better word. She has had a lot of success and knows the X's and O's of basketball...no doubt about it...is she aware of the etiquette involved with verbal recruits...of course she is...did she know Jossy verbaled...of course she did....did she break any "rules"...probably not....should she have done it this way...probably not. My advice to a recruit would be...go to where they wanted you from the start....good school...great chance of competing for national championships...sounds like UND to me :angry:

;) I am not sure if you are referring to me, but let me just clarify that, yes, NDSU is my alma mater, but believe me...I will be a die hard Sioux fan for at least the next 4 years. That said....I am familiar with Amy as I was recruited by her back in the day and I am close to someone who was just recently recruited by her...her style sucks...for lack of a better word. She has had a lot of success and knows the X's and O's of basketball...no doubt about it...is she aware of the etiquette involved with verbal recruits...of course she is...did she know Jossy verbaled...of course she did....did she break any "rules"...probably not....should she have done it this way...probably not. My advice to a recruit would be...go to where they wanted you from the start....good school...great chance of competing for national championships...sounds like UND to me :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I appreciate your forthright comments. I posted that right after I learned of this. While I have little respect for Ruley, who knows if her contact was out-of-line. Of course, all of us who don't care for her want to think it was blatant but "who knows"!

It sounds like you have a son or daughter (maybe sister or brother if you graduated in '92) at UND. We appreciate you "coming over to our side".

Since Ruley supposedly hadn't recruited her before, that scenario is not possible.

This is possible:

"If you decide to change your mind and go to a 'DI school', a full ride can be offered by NDSU."

BTW, the Forum does confirm Hendrickson is gone.[

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Huh? One of her relatives is saying that NDSU had contacted her prior to her verbal to UND, and a UND poster is stating that NDSU had recruited her before the verbal. Sounds like my scenario is absolutely possible. In fact, it sounds nearly identical to how the Minnesota football program recruits.

Here's an overview of the NDSU situation. Since last year Amy had three players graduate, which of course happens most years to every program. Amy has two players from last years team who would of been a sophmore and a junior not come back. Her two top recruits for this year are gone.(one not happy and one inelgible). Her roster is down to eleven players. NDSU doesn't even qualify for the playoffs for three years. After those three years she probably will still never make the playoffs. Amy has lost just about all the recruiting wars to UND lately. . And finally, Amy is losing her ethics now. Isn't Division I basketball exciting.

Here's an overview of the NDSU situation.  Since last year Amy had three players graduate,  which of course happens most years to every program.  Amy has  two players from last  years team who would of been a sophmore  and a junior not come back.  Her two top recruits for this  year are gone.(one not happy and one inelgible).  Her roster is down to eleven players.  NDSU  doesn't even qualify for the playoffs for three years.  After those three years she probably will still never make the playoffs.  Amy has lost just about all the recruiting wars to UND lately.  .  And finally, Amy is losing her ethics now.  Isn't Division I basketball exciting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This really explains why amy doesn't want to play UND this year. I think she knows what would happen. What's going on with the almighty DI bison. Girls are leaving the BB program, boys are leaving the wrestling program for lowly mankato. I do like the timing of this whole buckwheat thing. Poor old buckwheat is losing kids to a lower division school. I can't believe it. My oh My. Looks like DII is stealing away all the thunder from DI.

I haven't seen anything in the media yet about Hall of "Shame" coach  Amy Ruley and her actions.  I  suppose everyone is afraid to ask her.  They hate to tarnish her image.  I'm sure the Forum will never ask her.  The Forum wasn't afraid to talk to Bucky though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For what it is worth, it was her assistant who contacted Jossy. I am not making excuses because it is Ruley who is in charge but it may be improtant to know the facts.