SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

22 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Modern recruiting? 

ultrasound.jpg 

So, will the laws eventually provide that D1 hockey recruiting becomes legal at the same point that abortion ceases to be?

I kid.  I kid.   NOT intended as a political right to life/choice comment. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, burd said:

So, will the laws eventually provide that D1 hockey recruiting becomes legal at the same point that abortion ceases to be?

I kid.  I kid.   NOT intended as a political right to life/choice comment. 

That’d be an extreme way to pull a scholarship. Saves an awkward conversation though.

11 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Speaking of women's rights, word is there is some opposition to the plan to allow UND recruits to be genetically engineered to sprout skates in utero...mostly on the part of women.

They should be allowed to check in utero so they can skate better as adults.

I assume coaches will be permitted to talk to the recruit while in utero?  If the mom's a UMinn fan or  grad, I wonder if there is a way to require that she be sedated or asleep during these "conversations?"

Or sign a statement denouncing gopher hockey. 

45 minutes ago, burd said:

I assume coaches will be permitted to talk to the recruit while in utero?  If the mom's a UMinn fan or  grad, I wonder if there is a way to require that she be sedated or asleep during these "conversations?"

Of course, we'll want to induce labor prematurely, so as to minimize their time in the box.

1 hour ago, burd said:

Any good coach knows you gotta win mom over to get a kid.

9 hours ago, ChadR said:

Now that we've locked up 3 big local recruits,  who are the next big recruits on the radar?

I would love to see Berry try to go after the top USHL guys who aren't committed yet. USHL is a fast and skilled league and UND needs more guys who can skate and are natural goal scorers, that is what we really missed this year was a guy who can put the puck in whenever he wants.

thoughts?

7 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

You attend a lot of CC games, what do you think of him?

I love his style of play and think he will fit in perfectly at UND. He’s smaller but tenacious and he likes to get under the skin of his opponents. He’s not afraid to chirp a little with the opposition but he backs it up. Plus, he has offensive skill and creativity.  I think this is a huge get for UND! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I love his style of play and think he will fit in perfectly at UND. He’s smaller but tenacious and he likes to get under the skin of his opponents. He’s not afraid to chirp a little with the opposition but he backs it up. Plus, he has offensive skill and creativity.  I think this is a huge get for UND! 

Great to hear, thanks!

• Upvote 1

Thanks he is 13 & has a little brother Bryce Mattern (nick name Bruce ?) That is awesome at 11

Not just because they are my grandsons either they have had any & all available training in Fargo & GF & have played since they could walk - live in West Fargo - Chase is also straight As

• Upvote 1

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits