SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

How about a recruit announcement or two during this downtime so the fans can look forward to something other than watching all our rivals in the regionals.  Better make the most of this time because I hope we never have the time to recruit during this period again.

6 hours ago, brianvf said:

The Westin Michaud grad transfer from CC prospect is intriguing...I hope Brad is giving him a look/offer.
He always stood out when UND played CC.
He also would have led UND in both goals and pts with his numbers from this year...

Ya, definitely an older guy who would help.  That's for sure. 

6 hours ago, brianvf said:

The Westin Michaud grad transfer from CC prospect is intriguing...I hope Brad is giving him a look/offer.
He also would have led UND in both goals and pts with his numbers from this year...

Just now, scpa0305 said:

Ya, definitely an older guy who would help.  That's for sure. 

He'd be our top line center. Without a doubt. 

7 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

He'd be our top line center. Without a doubt. 

Potentially, easily in the top 6.  CC plays more wagon wheel hockey.....but you're right.  He very well could be.  I think you're going to see some of our players take a jump into next year.

Just now, scpa0305 said:

Potentially, easily in the top 6.  CC plays more wagon wheel hockey.....but you're right.  He very well could be.  I think you're going to see some of our players take a jump into next year.

I definitely think you're right about taking the next step. I am concerned of our lack of centers, though. I think Michaud would step in to the No. 1 center simply because I don't want Senden to break from Smith/Hain. I don't think Weatherby is ready for a No. 1 center spot. Plus, Michaud is a really good player.

7 hours ago, brianvf said:

Would bet that being he is from the Iron Range that Duluth is very interested as well.  In the past I would say regardless of that proximity that UND would have a very good chance because of their facilities and success.  Now, we have to lean more on the facilities and hope that guys can see that the pipeline should have us on the rise again.  

12 minutes ago, tnt said:

Would bet that being he is from the Iron Range that Duluth is very interested as well.  In the past I would say regardless of that proximity that UND would have a very good chance because of their facilities and success.  Now, we have to lean more on the facilities and hope that guys can see that the pipeline should have us on the rise again.  

Being able to play top line minutes is also a big consideration. He'd be a key cog next year.

7 hours ago, brianvf said:

Very intriguing. It's time for Berry to really make the hard decisions with this forward group for the good of the program. Michaud is a guy that can instantly speed up the progression of the forward group. It's obviously a very delicate situation right now, because with only 3 Seniors leaving and 5 already coming in, there's already a numbers issue. The hard decisions isn't so much in the who, that's pretty obvious, it's how it's potentially handled. Based on the short history we've seen, I'm not optimistic Berry will make the hard decisions, but we'll see.

The defense and goaltending is already set for this team and those two groups are National Championship caliber units. 

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I definitely think you're right about taking the next step. I am concerned of our lack of centers, though. I think Michaud would step in to the No. 1 center simply because I don't want Senden to break from Smith/Hain. I don't think Weatherby is ready for a No. 1 center spot. Plus, Michaud is a really good player.

I don’t know what their plans at center are, for reference. 

But Berry was on the radio with Hennessy the other night and  It sounds like Berry likes Shane Pinto at center. I’m not sure I see Weatherby in the top 6 at this point. 

Id like to see the Senden line as a third line. 

• Upvote 1

What is Michaud‘s interest he plans to pursue at the graduate level? Would have to be a factor with some that take advantage of this rule as some kids do understand the academic importance. Not that it is necessarily a factor in this case.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits