SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

8 minutes ago, AJS said:

Looking at the Seniors playing in the tournament, who would you want as a recruit over the following (also HS Seniors), Blaisdell, Rizzo, Caulfield, Pinto, Frisch, Bast? 

That aren't committed?  No one.

14 minutes ago, AJS said:

Looking at the Seniors playing in the tournament, who would you want as a recruit over the following (also HS Seniors), Blaisdell, Rizzo, Caulfield, Pinto, Frisch, Bast? 

Wasn't really referring to any seniors. Rarely see any uncommitted seniors that are UND level prospects at the state tournament anymore. I guess Lucas McGregor with Centennial last year and Sam Huff with Maple Grove a couple years ago.  If you are talking seniors committed elsewhere you could definitely put Brodzinski, Jensen, Nevers, and Donovan with that group. I was more looking at a lot of the other talent like Batchelder(CC), Warner(MN), and Smith(UMD). There a couple of uncommitted that I'd hope we are in on. Richels we should be all over and if we haven't been already it might be too late. Really like Blake Perbix from Cathedral too.

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

Wasn't really referring to any seniors. Rarely see any uncommitted seniors that are UND level prospects at the state tournament anymore. I guess Lucas McGregor with Centennial last year and Sam Huff with Maple Grove a couple years ago.  If you are talking seniors committed elsewhere you could definitely put Brodzinski, Jensen, Nevers, and Donovan with that group. I was more looking at a lot of the other talent like Batchelder(CC), Warner(MN), and Smith(UMD). There a couple of uncommitted that I'd hope we are in on. Richels we should be all over and if we haven't been already it might be too late. Really like Blake Perbix from Cathedral too.

Interested how Malmquist hasn't committed anywhere yet?

Pretty embarrassing that ND has not 1 single commit on this years MN state tournament class.  Either Berry isn’t recruiting in the Minneapolis area, or these kids just don’t like him.  Either way, this probably explains our average squad the last couple of years.  If he isn’t looking for talent here, where is he looking?

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MinnesotaSiouxFan said:

Pretty embarrassing that ND has not 1 single commit on this years MN state tournament class.  Either Berry isn’t recruiting in the Minneapolis area, or these kids just don’t like him.  Either way, this probably explains our average squad the last couple of years.  If he isn’t looking for talent here, where is he looking?

In places with better hockey players maybe :D  In all honesty, I had no idea on level of skill and play outside the area until I left.  Minnesota is probably the deepest in terms of above average players, but the top players in Minny are no better than the top players in many states that don't have robust high school programs...check out Elite or AAA players from all over the country...or just head north

• Upvote 1

Appreciate the comment!  With all due respect, Minnesota has the deepest talent pool in the U.S......by far.  Not probably.  You can fact check that all u want with USA Hockey.  The Edina High School team is D1 talent top to bottom, and that’s just 1 program.  

Here’s at tip for Brad Berry, since he seems to be overlooking some things around here.  JIMMY CLARK.  Bantam at Edina.  I believe parents attended UND.  Maybe that will help you!  Arguably the best bantam MN has to offer.  Might wanna look em up:

Lotta good players from Minny- didn't debate that- hence the smiley face.  Lotta good players outside of Minny too is my point.  My hockey world was very Minnecentric until I moved around.  I've been involved in USA hockey on the west coast and have seen some great players and teams.  The Minnesota connection is there, however, as many of the best player's parents and/or coaches have some connection to Minny or other traditional hockey markets- New England, Michigan, Canada.  

LA Jr Kings PeeWee AAA team just won the prestigious Quebec tourney, beating SKA St Petersburg, Team Minnesota, and Team Czech on the way.  

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

Lotta good players from Minny- didn't debate that- hence the smiley face.  Lotta good players outside of Minny too is my point.  My hockey world was very Minnecentric until I moved around.  I've been involved in USA hockey on the west coast and have seen some great players and teams.  The Minnesota connection is there, however, as many of the best player's parents and/or coaches have some connection to Minny or other traditional hockey markets- New England, Michigan, Canada.  

LA Jr Kings PeeWee AAA team just won the prestigious Quebec tourney, beating SKA St Petersburg, Team Minnesota, and Team Czech on the way.  

Agree. It is not exactly like Minnesota is thriving off of Minnesota recruits, and specifically Edina recruits.

2 minutes ago, MinnesotaSiouxFan said:

I also don’t doubt there are good players outside of Minny, but don’t want to lose sight of the original point.  Not a SINGLE recruit from the deepest talent pool in the country?

Do you not follow this at all? Wouldn't take your long to find out UND does have current recruits from Minnesota. 

1 minute ago, AJS said:

Do you not follow this at all? Wouldn't take your long to find out UND does have current recruits from Minnesota. 

Likely UND is also monitoring several players playing high school hockey.  Early recruiting has burned UND in the past, so they have to do their due diligence on these players. 

On 3/9/2019 at 2:12 AM, MinnesotaSiouxFan said:

Appreciate the comment!  With all due respect, Minnesota has the deepest talent pool in the U.S......by far.  Not probably.  You can fact check that all u want with USA Hockey.  The Edina High School team is D1 talent top to bottom, and that’s just 1 program.  

Here’s at tip for Brad Berry, since he seems to be overlooking some things around here.  JIMMY CLARK.  Bantam at Edina.  I believe parents attended UND.  Maybe that will help you!  Arguably the best bantam MN has to offer.  Might wanna look em up:

Michigan is super deep, so is the northeast.

Ya, he’d be a great get.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

They announced the U17 NTDP evaluation camp yesterday.  Miami tied with ND (Notre Dame) for most committed recruits attending.  I don't believe UND has any, as of yet.

That's correct, they also don't have a single '03 American recruit, so they wouldn't have anyone who is eligible. I still cannot believe they only have one '03 recruit currently.

How do you know this kid? 

On 3/9/2019 at 8:09 PM, AJS said:

There are a lot of current players from Minnesota. 

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

They announced the U17 NTDP evaluation camp yesterday.  Miami tied with ND (Notre Dame) for most committed recruits attending.  I don't believe UND has any, as of yet.

Imagine they have a list of players they’re working. Just haven’t committed yet. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, MinnesotaSiouxFan said:

Buddy’s kid plays in the Edina system.  Says Clark kid is unreal....and a Sioux fan:)

Apparently others in the state of MN think he's pretty talented too....

https://www.youthhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/1003754

"From the beginning of the season to the final Region game in Woodbury, Edina's Jimmy Clark has been one of the most dynamic forwards we've seen this year.  Prior to the Winter season, Clark led the Great Plains in scoring with 42 points in 26 games. This year, he helped lead Edina in scoring as a first year skater and to the state tourney this week in Moorhead. 

Clark, one of two first year skaters to be chosen along with Charlie Stramel, took Bantam hockey by storm. One local coach said of Clark, "hands down the most difficult player we had to stop all three times we played Edina. He's got it all - including speed, hands and the ability to finish." "

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SIOUXpucks said:

Apparently others in the state of MN think he's pretty talented too....

https://www.youthhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/1003754

"From the beginning of the season to the final Region game in Woodbury, Edina's Jimmy Clark has been one of the most dynamic forwards we've seen this year.  Prior to the Winter season, Clark led the Great Plains in scoring with 42 points in 26 games. This year, he helped lead Edina in scoring as a first year skater and to the state tourney this week in Moorhead. 

Clark, one of two first year skaters to be chosen along with Charlie Stramel, took Bantam hockey by storm. One local coach said of Clark, "hands down the most difficult player we had to stop all three times we played Edina. He's got it all - including speed, hands and the ability to finish." "

I hope North Dakota is all over him!

• Upvote 1