SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

3 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Ok I’m more locked into this Richels kid...he had 5 assists last night. Absolutely putting up video game numbers.  Avg over 3 pts a game in a conference that’s definitely not easy. He’s a big kid, curious if his skating is iffy 

Would guess he is on plenty of radars, but as you said, maybe they want to see a year without Brodzinski, or maybe some juniors before or after a season.  Skating didn't look horrible in the clips, but that was a small sample, and it is tough to know how fast the other players were.  

• Upvote 1

On 2/8/2019 at 5:41 PM, Goon said:

Landon Parker kid could be good too. 

IMO Trey Ausmus is the most likely Eastsider to end up at UND. I've heard lots of praise for him, and he's one of the top producers on the team as a freshman. My prediction is that three current Forks freshmen end up at UND: Spicer, Panzer, Ausmus.

17 hours ago, tnt said:

Would guess he is on plenty of radars, but as you said, maybe they want to see a year without Brodzinski, or maybe some juniors before or after a season.  Skating didn't look horrible in the clips, but that was a small sample, and it is tough to know how fast the other players were.  

He'll be committed somewhere before the fall signing date. Everybody is interested in him, but he'd be taking a big gamble to pass up on a guaranteed scholarship offer from a decent program in order to hold out for an offer from his dream school. UMN, UMD, SCSU and others all know this too, so my guess is that his dream school will likely oblige with an offer soon. 

That's not suggesting I know what his dream school is. Like most recruits, he might not know that until he's made a bunch of visits.

16 hours ago, UND99 said:

IMO Trey Ausmus is the most likely Eastsider to end up at UND. I've heard lots of praise for him, and he's one of the top producers on the team as a freshman. My prediction is that three current Forks freshmen end up at UND: Spicer, Panzer, Ausmus.

I would second this.  Ausmus and Spicer play for the juiced up '04 Blades team that crushed everybody on the planet last summer.  Both did very well.  Panzer is a great player too who will definitely play D1 hockey.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, franchise said:

Donte Lawson from Greenway being mentioned anywhere?  I know he was a bit smaller, but elite has him listed at 5-10, 170 now.  Put up  36g last yr. 27 this yr.  Had a hat trick and 2a in the section semi.

If he put up 2.64PPG last year, just over 2 this year and isn't in the juniors, there has to be more to the story.

5 hours ago, franchise said:

Donte Lawson from Greenway being mentioned anywhere?  I know he was a bit smaller, but elite has him listed at 5-10, 170 now.  Put up  36g last yr. 27 this yr.  Had a hat trick and 2a in the section semi.

Not sure on if he has any offers yet but know Duluth and St. Cloud have talked to him and been following.

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

Not sure on if he has any offers yet but know Duluth and St. Cloud have talked to him and been following.

I assumed SCSU has offered since they have Troumbly coming in, who is less productive and only 5-5, 130 lbs.

Thought maybe Lawson was waiting on MN or UMD. 

I wish UND would replace Ryder's slot for 2020 with Lawson. I'm sure he'd have no issue doing a yr of juniors

On 2/25/2019 at 10:52 AM, franchise said:

1 assist and the double OT game winner last night to knock off Hermantown, so everyone will get a chance to see him at the X on Wednesday.

13 hours ago, franchise said:

Richels looked good.

Ryder Donovan got the OT winner for East:glare:

I've always heard Duluth East teams get homecooking in that building.  Curious what the PP split was.  I noticed Donovan's goal happened to be on the PP......in OT.  Curious how obvious that penalty was ???

Fargo Force take on Waterloo at home this weekend.  Good chance to see Dane Montgomery play for Waterloo.  In addition, Grand Forks Aviators are playing Fargo next door in the smaller Scheels Arena.  Aviators/Fargo at 4:00 and Force/Waterloo play at 7:00.  That's a good doubleheader of hockey.

1 minute ago, ksixpack said:

Fargo Force take on Waterloo at home this weekend.  Good chance to see Dane Montgomery play for Waterloo.  In addition, Grand Forks Aviators are playing Fargo next door in the smaller Scheels Arena.  Aviators/Fargo at 4:00 and Force/Waterloo play at 7:00.  That's a good doubleheader of hockey.

Those games are on Saturday

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

I've always heard Duluth East teams get homecooking in that building.  Curious what the PP split was.  I noticed Donovan's goal happened to be on the PP......in OT.  Curious how obvious that penalty was ???

Penalties were 2 each way.  Andover was set to go on the PP, but prior to a whistle, there was a call that evened it up.

Andover got a PP in the 3rd and tied the game.

East got their PP immediately in OT.  I think it was over after 36 secs.  It wasn't worthy of being called in OT, after the numerous questionable things they let slide throughout regulation...including Paine for DE getting away with going knee to knee with an Andover player on 2 occasions.