SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

18 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

What I mean was that maybe someone had inside info that UND was hot after them, not just were aware of them......sheesh.

I'm in the same boat, big difference between players UND is actively recruiting and a list of good hockey players.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Berry should be making a push for the #3 pick in the USHL.

No doubt.  When guys like Gersich and Yon crossover from the dark side, I wouldn't say anybody should be off the table.  When you have multiple people in the NHL and former players here saying UND is run with a professional type atmosphere, any high end recruit would be crazy not to at least explore the program.  Let's also remember, not all Minnesota alumni are enthralled with Lucia's stamp on the program now, although Mike Guentzel has a lot of pull with some of those same alumni. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, tnt said:

No doubt.  When guys like Gersich and Yon crossover from the dark side, I wouldn't say anybody should be off the table.  When you have multiple people in the NHL and former players here saying UND is run with a professional type atmosphere, any high end recruit would be crazy not to at least explore the program.  Let's also remember, not all Minnesota alumni are enthralled with Lucia's stamp on the program now, although Mike Guentzel has a lot of pull with some of those same alumni. 

Scott Bell played with Craig, so he’s the primary recruiter to get Ryan.

Lately Guentzel doesn’t seem to be like.

Landon Parker with a nice start to his season at EGF, 2-1-3 in 2 games. Was the Bantam Elite League MVP last year. MN Hockey hub has him as a 9th grader, is that correct? Netural Zone has him as a Jan 1st, 2002 DOB, is that correct? Those two don't really mesh, early '02 / late '01 would normally be a sophomore. 

Looking at the college hockey landscape, a lot of 02's have been going off the board. Minnesota is now at 7, 02's or younger. Would like to see UND get Parker / Cole Shepard locked up in the '02 category.

21 minutes ago, AJS said:

Landon Parker with a nice start to his season at EGF, 2-1-3 in 2 games. Was the Bantam Elite League MVP last year. MN Hockey hub has him as a 9th grader, is that correct? Netural Zone has him as a Jan 1st, 2002 DOB, is that correct? Those two don't really mesh, early '02 / late '01 would normally be a sophomore. 

Looking at the college hockey landscape, a lot of 02's have been going off the board. Minnesota is now at 7, 02's or younger. Would like to see UND get Parker / Cole Shepard locked up in the '02 category.

Yes he is a freshman.  He has visited UND.  

3 hours ago, AJS said:

Parker is a Bantam eligible 9th grader which means he has a late '02 birthday 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, MadMax said:

Parker is a Bantam eligible 9th grader which means he has a late '02 birthday 

Ok makes sense, his elite prospects page must be wrong, regarding is birthdate.  Otherwise he’d be the oldest bantam that I’ve heard of.

On GPL they are saying Berry isn't following Randklev on Twitter.  I'm assuming he must have been.  I would think that we may have lost out on him to St. Cloud, which would be disappointing. Anyone have info to the contrary?

4 minutes ago, tnt said:

On GPL they are saying Berry isn't following Randklev on Twitter.  I'm assuming he must have been.  I would think that we may have lost out on him to St. Cloud, which would be disappointing.

I wouldn’t worry about who Berry follows on Twitter.

5 minutes ago, tnt said:

On GPL they are saying Berry isn't following Randklev on Twitter.  I'm assuming he must have been.  I would think that we may have lost out on him to St. Cloud, which would be disappointing. Anyone have info to the contrary?

Just remember where his current high school coach played college hockey.  Wouldn't surprise me.  Apparently Motzko was at the Moorhead game in the cities last weekend.

9 minutes ago, tnt said:

Only college coaches I see following him are from Arizona State and Colorado college. I don't see it as proof of anything. 

10 minutes ago, tnt said:

Don't believe Berry has been following Randklev on Twitter. Randklev and UND Hockey Tradition which is a coaches account follow each other.

4 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Don't believe Berry has been following Randklev on Twitter. Randklev and UND Hockey Tradition which is a coaches account follow each other.

Yeah, I see now that your earlier post about him being followed was a North Dakota account, not Berry himself.  Crossing my fingers.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits