SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

1 minute ago, siouxforce19 said:

They will, but it depends what Shane wants to do. I don’t think he’s a guy we can say definitively is gone after this season at this point. Possibility? Absolutely. 

This is more what I was trying to say. Shane isn't the only one that will have the opportunity to sign after the year (as he could have last year), he definitely could, but is also not (in my eyes) like Boeser was last year where you knew he was gone for sure.

18 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Lots of good kids committing.  Odd how quiet it’s been lately.  Next year we don’t have any high end commits, hain could be decent but he’s been slipping a bit (from his original blue chip ranking).  I wouldn’t be blown away if he plays another year in the ushl, it’s early though.  Both Mattson and keane have struggled mightily in high end junior leagues. Not looking great on that front.  I’m still waiting on our next high end recruit.  I’m thinking we’ll end up getting J Weatherby at some point soon, He’d be a nice depth commit.

was thinking the same thing about how quiet it's been... athough the last time i felt this way we landed a bunch in a row including Jost and Boeser...

20 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

They will, but it depends what Shane wants to do. I don’t think he’s a guy we can say definitively is gone after this season at this point. Possibility? Absolutely. 

17 minutes ago, AJS said:

This is more what I was trying to say. Shane isn't the only one that will have the opportunity to sign after the year (as he could have last year), he definitely could, but is also not (in my eyes) like Boeser was last year where you knew he was gone for sure.

I'm just saying I'll be surprised if he stayed. I hope he does and yeah, he definitely could, but I feel like he won't. You're right, he's not a slam dunk like Boessey last year.

• Upvote 1

Gersich would become a free agent after this year if he doesn't sign not next year. Someone on here said that he's related to someone in the Washington front office, so Washington probably isn't too worried about losing him if he comes back next year.

Rizzo said he won't announce where he's going until the end of the season. 

18 hours ago, cberkas said:

Carter Randklev has decommited from Arizona State. Wants to stay closer to home. 

Maybe Monty is wanting to poach him. ;)

Noticed on Twitter about a couple weeks ago that a couple UND hockey accounts and the SCSU hockey account had started following Randklev and he followed them back. Figured he was at least looking around then.

4 hours ago, AJS said:

I know it's probably too early to tell, but the way I see it, UND has 4 forward spots open for next year at a minimum (3 Seniors, Gornall). Is the thought right now, they'll go with Hain, Mattson, Keane & Senden? Can you push any of them back another year?

Priority #1, 2 & 3 should be getting an impact forward for next years class. See Guttman to Denver as the kind of guy.

Anybody see any forwards leaving early? We all known Wolanin is going to leave early, but I could see every forward return.

I would think they will all be here next year. I think Hain is very much a early impact player similar to Mismash. Mattson has great size and skill and you see flashes of him putting it all together but just hasn't done it consistently yet. Keane I really don't know much about. Senden does a lot of things that don't show up on the stat sheet, great leader Simonson type player.

3 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

I would think they will all be here next year. I think Hain is very much a early impact player similar to Mismash. Mattson has great size and skill and you see flashes of him putting it all together but just hasn't done it consistently yet. Keane I really don't know much about. Senden does a lot of things that don't show up on the stat sheet, great leader Simonson type player.

Keane signed his NLI this year.

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

Gersich would become a free agent after this year if he doesn't sign not next year. Someone on here said that he's related to someone in the Washington front office, so Washington probably isn't too worried about losing him if he comes back next year.

Gersich is related to the GM

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

The Badger fans were high on him.

Sure, seems to have a knack for goals.  He’s in a high scoring league with a juicy team so I’d expect him to score.  I thought his point totals would be higher.  It’s early though.  Penticton also locks down on D

58 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

It’s early but I think Hain’s been slipping a bit. Mismash lead the u18 team in scoring last year.  Hain has been a second/third liner on that team I believe. Not sure what to make of Mattson.  Everyone talked about his skill a few years back but he’s struggled a lot in the ushl.  He’ll probably be a guy that is in and out of next years line up.  Most likely the same with keane and sendon.  Curious if there’s anyone out there at this point.  The only one I can think of is jasper weatherby.  

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

It’s early but I think Hain’s been slipping a bit. Mismash lead the u18 team in scoring last year.  Hain has been a second/third liner on that team I believe. Not sure what to make of Mattson.  Everyone talked about his skill a few years back but he’s struggled a lot in the ushl.  He’ll probably be a guy that is in and out of next years line up.  Most likely the same with keane and sendon.  Curious if there’s anyone out there at this point.  The only one I can think of is jasper weatherby.  

Yeah I’ll quote myself....weatherby just committed :)

8 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Sure, seems to have a knack for goals.  He’s in a high scoring league with a juicy team so I’d expect him to score.  I thought his point totals would be higher.  It’s early though.  Penticton also locks down on D

Exactly, Penticton hasn't been a really high scoring team the last few years compared to others, that's why I mentioned Jones' percentage of his team goals last year was very comparable to Kawaguchi's, at least regular season numbers. Keane is putting up similar numbers to Dixon Bowen, but they don't inspire confidence moving to the next level. Hopefully we can get something out of Keane like we do out of Bowen.  We know what his dad gave night in and night out in the NHL.

• Upvote 1

It's not Keane, Mattson or Senden individually that worry me, but them as a group. I completely agree that you need different players playing different roles, so it sounds like a guy like Senden will be a great lower line guy, good leader, ect... You can't have 75% of your class be guys like that. You also need forwards that have some offensive talent and none of them have shown even a bit of offensive ability at the junior level.

3 minutes ago, AJS said:

It's not Keane, Mattson or Senden individually that worry me, but them as a group. I completely agree that you need different players playing different roles, so it sounds like a guy like Senden will be a great lower line guy, good leader, ect... You can't have 75% of your class be guys like that. You also need forwards that have some offensive talent and none of them have shown even a bit of offensive ability at the junior level.

Very true.  And to level set a bit.  Even weatherby will be a bottom end guy next year (hopefully I’m wrong).  He turns 20 in January so he’s older than most kids in that league. But I like his numbers.  I actually skated with him this past summer...shocked he got an offer.  His numbers don’t lie though.

25 minutes ago, cberkas said:

He would have came in this year the oldest Caufield would be next year. Wisconsin also is bringing in 8 or 9 players next year.

But he just decommitted now, so perhaps he thought bringing in Brock would push him back a year. Don't know, but he knew they had too many verbals for a while, but perhaps surmised this would really create a logjam, especially for the year he may have been hoping to come in.

17 hours ago, cberkas said:

My son struck up a conversation with Gersich's grandfather (Broten) during the St. Lawrence series.  He said Shane is all but gone next year.  Apparently he was very close to signing with Washington this off-season, but, ultimately, decided on one last kick at the NCAA can.      

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits