SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Over The Boards ‏@OTBPuckWatch 59s59 seconds ago

Pursuit of '00 Oliver Wahlstrom heating up, numerous sources citing different schools; MN, MI, BU, BC all said to be realistic landing spots

He is still quite young, isn't he? Why not wait until your Junior year in high school and not rush things again. As we have seen with Hakstol leaving, things can change pretty quickly.

He is still quite young, isn't he? Why not wait until your Junior year in high school and not rush things again. As we have seen with Hakstol leaving, things can change pretty quickly.

I think he's 15, If the four schools listed are after him, UND is going to be after him. I think we'll find out where he goes early next season.

Bowers is the one I'm more interested in UND landing.

Gersich committed as a sophomore correct? That's just the way things are now especially with competition with Canadian juniors.

Yes, but he didn't decommit. Just saying don't make the same mistake twice. He may indeed wait, which would be wise.

Over The Boards @OTBPuckWatch 59s59 seconds ago

Pursuit of '00 Oliver Wahlstrom heating up, numerous sources citing different schools; MN, MI, BU, BC all said to be realistic landing spots

At least two of those four schools have publically abandoned the "gentleman's agreement". I don't suspect he was contacted prior to his decommitment, I presume it. Boston College is well known for recruiting verbal commitments to other schools. I'm going to suspect they're the frontrunner for Wahlstrom's services.

Why is it some people look at Jost and Fabbro as a package deal for whatever school they go to?

Is it just because they play in Penticon together or is there more to it than that?

Why is it some people look at Jost and Fabbro as a package deal for whatever school they go to?

Is it just because they play in Penticon together or is there more to it than that?

Doubt it's a tyus jones/okafor type package but maybe something but there could be something to that on a smaller level. Heard one could get into a few more schools.Think fabbro, apologize if that's wrong. I've seen current recruits hashtag nodak at him few times

If berry and co. can land these two with Mitchell Mattson(6"4 190) who's commited from GR. Then wow

I guess Matthews is still weighing NCAA as an option. So you're saying there's a chance :)

Andy Strickland @andystrickland 29m29 minutes ago

Matthews will attend CAA prospects camp next week in LA. Hopes to know more by then. Everett has #whl rights but Brisson says NCAA an option

Andy Strickland @andystrickland 32m32 minutes ago

Pat Brisson says he's still trying to resolve Auston Matthews visa issues so he can play in #swiss this season.

Andy Strickland @andystrickland 29m29 minutes ago

Matthews will attend CAA prospects camp next week in LA. Hopes to know more by then. Everett has #whl rights but Brisson says NCAA an option

Andy Strickland @andystrickland 32m32 minutes ago

Pat Brisson says he's still trying to resolve Auston Matthews visa issues so he can play in #swiss this season.

Matthews will go wherever the $$$$ goes.

Doubt it's a tyus jones/okafor type package but maybe something but there could be something to that on a smaller level. Heard one could get into a few more schools.Think fabbro, apologize if that's wrong. I've seen current recruits hashtag nodak at him few times

If berry and co. can land these two with Mitchell Mattson(6"4 190) who's commited from GR. Then wow

I sure hope the addition of Shaw to the staff and Berry at the helm will lead to elite D recruits like Fabbro committing. Seems like we should have a leg up in recruiting elite D with these two D coaches on staff with their NHL coaching experience. Fabbro has been rumored to be interested in Wisconsin along with others as he is the one who could get into more schools.

I sure hope the addition of Shaw to the staff and Berry at the helm will lead to elite D recruits like Fabbro committing. Seems like we should have a leg up in recruiting elite D with these two D coaches on staff with their NHL coaching experience. Fabbro has been rumored to be interested in Wisconsin along with others as he is the one who could get into more schools.

Who's starting those rumors, Wisconsin fans? I just don't see a top end player like Fabbro going to a place like Wisco, right now.

Who's starting those rumors, Wisconsin fans? I just don't see a top end player like Fabbro going to a place like Wisco, right now.

I don't think he'll end up there either but those rumors are coming from more than wisconsin fans. Also, Wisconsin just land a huge D recruit 2 days ago.