SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

This fall?  I guess they are not considering UND then.

Would guess since UND has been recruiting them, this might have been discussed as a possibility, and if so, some scholarship money could have been kept available.  After all, Gardner was drafted by the Force. 

Would guess since UND has been recruiting them, this might have been discussed as a possibility, and if so, some scholarship money could have been kept available.  After all, Gardner was drafted by the Force. 

Anyone, off the top of their head so I don't have to dig ( :) ), know who has to come in this year because of age?

Anyone, off the top of their head so I don't have to dig ( :) ), know who has to come in this year because of age?

I believe it's Chartrand, Gornall, Janatuinen, Wolanin who will all be 20+ on August 1, 2015. 

Chartrand will be 21+ on that date. 

Why not? There's always room for the best players.

I just don't see how Fabbro ever could come in next year. There is just no room on D especially if Schmaltz decides to come back. I think it is simply we'd love to have you both but next year.

• Upvote 1

I just don't see how Fabbro ever could come in next year. There is just no room on D especially if Schmaltz decides to come back. I think it is simply we'd love to have you both but next year.

I don't disagree. Plus he'll only be 17. I'm just saying, I think we have room for them. And if the best players want to come here, they should. Then, they earn their ice.

I believe it's Chartrand, Gornall, Janatuinen, Wolanin who will all be 20+ on August 1, 2015. 

Chartrand will be 21+ on that date. 

With Boeser a likely 1st round pick and Gersich and Wilkie already being pushed back a year too you have to bring all of them in as well or you risk losing them and I wouldn't wanna risk losing any of them.

With Boeser a likely 1st round pick and Gersich and Wilkie already being pushed back a year too you have to bring all of them in as well or you risk losing them and I wouldn't wanna risk losing any of them.

Gersich wasn't pushed back. He was a high school senior this year.

• Upvote 2

Gersich wasn't pushed back. He was a high school senior this year.

Thought he had already accelerated and graduated high school though and could have came in after playing for the NTDP? Pushed back probably wasn't the right word either as I believe both Gersich and Wilkie were totally fine with playing in the USHL this year.

Let me flip this around on you, if you were these kids would you be excited about playing with that much talent?

Absolutely. Id rather have them for a short amount of time rather than not at all. They're both good enough to be at UND. If they bolt, so be it. We'd still have plenty in the tank.

Thought he had already accelerated and graduated high school though and could have came in after playing for the NTDP? Pushed back probably wasn't the right word either as I believe both Gersich and Wilkie were totally fine with playing in the USHL this year.

He did not finish high school. I believe an attempt was made to accelerate, but it didn't get done. He was interviewed at the Draft last summer and mentioned how he was not going to college because he was still in high school. 

Wilkie could have come in this year, but decided to play the extra year in the USHL. I think he knew waiting a year would give him a better opportunity to contribute to the team right away as a freshman. 

Coach Berry said 9 or 10 guys would be coming in during his press conference.

Leaving: Nick Mattson / Connor Gaarder / Michael Parks / Mark MacMillan / Brendan O'Donnell / Andrew Panzarella / Stephane Pattyn / Zane McIntyre

So that means Jordan Schmaltz would make 9 and if it got to 10 it would be ??????

Incoming: Shane Gersich / Chris Wilkie / Brock Boeser / Hayden Shaw / Danys Chartrand / Christian Wolnian / Matej Tomek / Rhett Gardner / Joel Junatuinen / Michael Gornell

I would be surprised if Gardner shows up next year after the force picked him unless Nick Schmaltz jumps ship.

And I believe if Jost or Fabbro did want to come to and play at The Ralph this fall then some one on this list would either wait another year or get told to find a new school or go to major juniors.

Coach Berry said 9 or 10 guys would be coming in during his press conference.

Leaving: Nick Mattson / Connor Gaarder / Michael Parks / Mark MacMillan / Brendan O'Donnell / Andrew Panzarella / Stephane Pattyn / Zane McIntyre

So that means Jordan Schmaltz would make 9 and if it got to 10 it would be ??????

Incoming: Shane Gersich / Chris Wilkie / Brock Boeser / Hayden Shaw / Danys Chartrand / Christian Wolnian / Matej Tomek / Rhett Gardner / Joel Junatuinen / Michael Gornell

I would be surprised if Gardner shows up next year after the force picked him unless Nick Schmaltz jumps ship.

And I believe if Jost or Fabbro did want to come to and play at The Ralph this fall then some one on this list would either wait another year or get told to find a new school or go to major juniors.

9 or 10 coming in doesn't have to mean 9 or 10 leaving.  There is no set number on the roster.

• Upvote 1

9 or 10 coming in doesn't have to mean 9 or 10 leaving.  There is no set number on the roster.

You might be right but I remember a post a few years ago that said a Dean Blais or Hak team always has 15 forwards 8 defensman and 3 goalies. But now it is Brad Berry's team so we will have to wait and see.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits