SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

The Matthews saga has more layers now. The Swedish league.

Very good competition.

Decent development facilities.

Swedish women and their...uhhHem assets

And more money that the WHL (debateable)

I still dream of him in the Sioux program but...uffda.

http://m.thn.com/blog/exclusive-top-2016-draft-prospect-auston-matthews-could-play-in-europe-next-year/

The Matthews saga has more layers now. The Swedish league.

Very good competition.

Decent development facilities.

Swedish women and their...uhhHem assets

And more money that the WHL (debateable)

I still dream of him in the Sioux program but...uffda.

http://m.thn.com/blog/exclusive-top-2016-draft-prospect-auston-matthews-could-play-in-europe-next-year/

Switzerland not Sweden.

Now that report has been refuted by Matthews and he HAS NOT signed but is still mulling options....

Although I truly think it is less than 1% to see him in NCAA at this point.

I don't necessarily think it's that low. He obviously doesn't want to play in the CHL and wants to play against older competition. He would have nothing to prove at the CHL level. I'm guessing he ends up going to the Swiss league and unbiasedly think that's a decent idea. Biasedly I would really like for him to play a year of college hockey.

I keep seeing that he is still a Junior in HS and has not been accelerating, but then I see his family advisor saying that NCAA is still an option,.....

So either it's the truth...or....

All is being leveraged against each other, maybe Everett was unwilling to either "pay up" pr trade his rights "to someone who will" , and the threat of NCAA wasn't doing it.....

"Leaking a $500k contract". ....could be just basically telling the WHL what it will take to get the deal done.

But from a competition level Swiss league is a better fit than both NCAA and WHL imo

All is being leveraged against each other, maybe Everett was unwilling to either "pay up" pr trade his rights "to someone who will" , and the threat of NCAA wasn't doing it.....

I suspect he wants Everett to "pay up" the way Rimouski Oceanic did to get Crosby back in the day.