SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I don't think anyone said or meant to imply that he's better than those players right now.

But the general consensus from literally everything I've heard is that he's the top NHL prospect in the last decade.

I'll give you good, but better than Spirko?

• Upvote 1

You're saying he's better than Patrick Kane, Steve Stamkos, John Tavares; better than everyone since Crosby (and Ovechkin the year before that). He's good, but until he's in the NHL he's not better than Kane, Stamkos, and Tavares. But I can live with better than everyone after (starting with Taylor/Tyler).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_first_overall_NHL_draft_picks

As a prospect....absolutely.

IMHO the chances of Matthews landing here are probably less than 5%.  Gotta be at least a 70% chance he heads north.  If he does go the college route I suspect all his discussions with Eichel will have included comments about Eichel's time in Boston, so BU and BC are probably college frontrunners.  Michigan probably has a slight advantage over us in that Ann Arbor is a known quantity to Matthews.

IMHO the chances of Matthews landing here are probably less than 5%. Gotta be at least a 70% chance he heads north. If he does go the college route I suspect all his discussions with Eichel will have included comments about Eichel's time in Boston, so BU and BC are probably college frontrunners. Michigan probably has a slight advantage over us in that Ann Arbor is a known quantity to Matthews.

Eichel was a huge Boston College fan as a kid - these things are never a done-deal until the kid puts on a jersey somewhere.

IMHO the chances of Matthews landing here are probably less than 5%.  Gotta be at least a 70% chance he heads north.  If he does go the college route I suspect all his discussions with Eichel will have included comments about Eichel's time in Boston, so BU and BC are probably college frontrunners.  Michigan probably has a slight advantage over us in that Ann Arbor is a known quantity to Matthews.

We can only hope he had a good visit to GF. Our facilities have to be a factor for almost any kid. Playing in the Ralph, in from of 13k every night. Annual contenders. We can only hope.

We can only hope he had a good visit to GF. Our facilities have to be a factor for almost any kid. Playing in the Ralph, in from of 13k every night. Annual contenders. We can only hope.

Did he ever visit here?  

Yeah, the night the Ralph had 13000 people in attendance.

He did? It must've been an unofficial visit? Because every article that continues to be posted about Matthews' decision is that he hasn't taken any official visits to an NCAA school yet.

He did? It must've been an unofficial visit? Because every article that continues to be posted about Matthews' decision is that he hasn't taken any official visits to an NCAA school yet.

I haven't seen that, but how can a kid make any sort of decision without even making visits.

Considering the max capacity at the Ralph is 11,643... he was being facetious.  The ralph has never had 13,000 people in it for a hockey game, thus he's never visited.

Considering the max capacity at the Ralph is 11,643... he was being facetious.  The ralph has never had 13,000 people in it for a hockey game, thus he's never visited.

Doh!, looks like my radar is a bit faulty.  :lol:

I haven't seen that, but how can a kid make any sort of decision without even making visits.

I'm guessing he's gotta be scheduled to make visits soon or maybe he has started that process now. Agreed though, don't see how you can make an informed decision between major junior and NCAA if you don't visit/tour the campuses.

Wasn't being facetious, just misspoke on the attendance number. I've never read one way or the other that he has or has not made visits; just hear on the message boards that he has. My point was, IF HE DID, you would think he would be pretty impressed by getting to play in our facilities and in front of such a large crowd every single night. I just don't think there is another college arena in the country that can match the Ralph when it is rockin.

Wasn't being facetious, just misspoke on the attendance number. I've never read one way or the other that he has or has not made visits; just hear on the message boards that he has. My point was, IF HE DID, you would think he would be pretty impressed by getting to play in our facilities and in front of such a large crowd every single night. I just don't think there is another college arena in the country that can match the Ralph when it is rockin.

I was referencing Mr. Dave Starman himself, iluvdebbies