SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Anyone know anything about these two, Sammy Walker (Edina) and Isaac Johnson (Anoka).

Walker was a solid player when watching Edina in the state tournament this year but I was more impressed with the other freshman on the roster defenseman Clayton Phillips he is definitely a guy I hope ends up at UND.

Penticton Vees blow out another AJHL team, this time Fort McMurray Oil Barons 6-0. Jost had 2 goals and Fabbro had a goal and an assist. Taylor Ward did not play I do think he might get in against the next two opponents Portage Terriers and Melfort Mustangs.

Matthews with a goal for the US mens team at the Worlds.  He has to be the youngest guy in the tourney I'm guessing.  This kid has a bright future.  I don't remember anyone playing for their world team (any country) one full year before their draft year.

As April is coming to an end, I really think Austin Matthews is going to go the Major Junior route. With him scoring a goal in the Worlds (even though it was an exhibition game) I think he is headed MJ.

If he does decide to go the college hockey route, I don't see UND landing him. I foresee some Boston school getting him for some odd reason. He will be better than Eichel as he is more of a power forward and really is a special player.

If Hak could land him, UND's team next year would be something special. N. Schmaltz, Bossers, Gerish, Drake + Matthews? That would be incredible. However, wishing on limb...

As April is coming to an end, I really think Austin Matthews is going to go the Major Junior route. With him scoring a goal in the Worlds (even though it was an exhibition game) I think he is headed MJ.

If he does decide to go the college hockey route, I don't see UND landing him. I foresee some Boston school getting him for some odd reason. He will be better than Eichel as he is more of a power forward and really is a special player.

If Hak could land him, UND's team next year would be something special. N. Schmaltz, Bossers, Gerish, Drake + Matthews? That would be incredible. However, wishing on limb...

If it seems to good to be true it probly is

Yes I think it MJ route.....but

He is still pushing forward with his education so...maybe....

Just think if Eichel came back a year and Mathews went to BU...

The Neverending blaring Bostongasms would be intense from the media, but a win for college hockey...I guess.

You're saying he's better than Patrick Kane, Steve Stamkos, John Tavares; better than everyone since Crosby (and Ovechkin the year before that). He's good, but until he's in the NHL he's not better than Kane, Stamkos, and Tavares. But I can live with better than everyone after (starting with Taylor/Tyler). 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_first_overall_NHL_draft_picks

You're saying he's better than Patrick Kane, Steve Stamkos, John Tavares; better than everyone since Crosby (and Ovechkin the year before that). He's good, but until he's in the NHL he's not better than Kane, Stamkos, and Tavares. But I can live with better than everyone after (starting with Taylor/Tyler). 

Yes. At least that's what everyone is saying. Coming McDavid at this draft year with all those players at their draft year, all the pundits think so.

I don't think anyone said or meant to imply that he's better than those players right now.

Wayne Gretzky on Connor McDavid: “He’s the best player to come into the league in the last 30 years”

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/touch/story.html?id=10988629

Yes. At least that's what everyone is saying. Coming McDavid at this draft year with all those players at their draft year, all the pundits think so.

But the general consensus from literally everything I've heard is that he's the top NHL prospect in the last decade.