SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Meh--really didn't fit into the Sioux's plans with what we've got coming in and the way he dresses and all . . .

I'd rather the coaches get Eeli Tolvanen, his brother who is the goalie for Minot in the NAHL is committed to Northern Michigan. 

What are your thoughts on him, big loss?

I don't think of it as a loss because I think this kid was going minny the entire time (given that he had an offer). From a recruit standpoint he's top notch however I get nervous taking these kids so young and given he's produced those awesome stats in a terrible mn conference. I always like to see what our commits do in one of the top junior leagues. Too many times kids dominate in high school only to flop in the ushl.

I agree with the other poster that the mismash and boeser commits soften the loss of this kid.

What is even more mind boggling is that when confronted with this mistake, he still doesn't admit he is wrong.  Never been a big fan of him before, but now his arrogance appears to be reflected in his inability to correct mistakes, which in my opinion deters from any journalistic credibility.

If you go back and read the article now, he's corrected it.

Brady Tkachuk

Max Gildon

Nate Knoepke

Are the uncommitted players on the NTDP U17 team so far.

USA Hockey released the second wave of commitments to the NTDP U17.

Evan Barratt

Joe Cassetti

Randy Hernandez

Goalies

Adam Scheel

Dylan St. Cyr

Are the uncommitted players from the second wave of U17 commitments.

Evan Barratt has visited UND.

There might be a lot of teams after Randy Hernandez, he has some high numbers. In 54 games for the Florida Alliance U16 team 53-40-93.

There are a number of names out there that may or may not become future Fighting Sioux. Some are strong possibilities like Mario Lamoureux and others might be pure speculation. This is a good place to keep that stuff in one place.

Some that come to mind:

Mario Lamoureux - 2 goals and 1 assist in 1 Buc Bowl game with Tri-City of the USHL

Darcy Zajac - started off the preseason hot with a hat trick but in 2 regular season games has no goals and 1 assist.

Chay Genoway - is playing D for Vernon of the BCHL and has no points in 3 games.

Michael Forney - currently playing football

Post No. 1

USA Hockey released the second wave of commitments to the NTDP U17.

Even Barratt

Joe Cassetti

Randy Hernandez

Goalies

Adam Scheel

Dylan St. Cyr

Are the uncommitted players from the second wave of U17 commitments.

Even Barratt has visited UND. 

There might be a lot of teams after Randy Hernandez, he has some high numbers. In 54 games for the Florida Alliance U16 team 53-40-93.

His name is Even?  Not Evan?

How does BU and BC usually get that one guy thats the game changer. I dont think im even gonna assume Matthews is coming here. Im sure he'll go the Major Junior route for how good he's spose to be

Toews.  Parise.  Vanek.  ;)

Just kidding.  It definitely seems that lately they have gotten many of the blue chippahs.

And I agree with you...I am assuming that Matthews is heading to MJ.

Toews. Parise. Vanek. ;)

Just kidding. It definitely seems that lately they have gotten many of the blue chippahs.

And I agree with you...I am assuming that Matthews is heading to MJ.

I would be shocked if he wasn't going to junior as everyone is saying he hadn't caught up on the academic requirements to make that happen. He's also not coming here. He's probably waiting to chit chat with eichel. :)

I watched Matthews this morning, unreal how good he actually is. I think he may end up being better than eichel. Has the same hands but plays at a higher speed. I'm shocked at how agile he is already given his size. He was a man amongst boys again Canada today. Tearing up the u18s.

I watched Matthews this morning, unreal how good he actually is. I think he may end up being better than eichel. Has the same hands but plays at a higher speed. I'm shocked at how agile he is already given his size. He was a man amongst boys again Canada today. Tearing up the u18s.

Sounds like he's a 1 year player then off to the NHL, seems like straight to MJ imo

Agreed, I'd honestly be shocked if he went NCAAs

I would not be shocked if he decided to go the NCAA route.  More than likely a one and done but look at Eichel.  He is actually talking about (I don't believe it) that he may come back for another year.  Not sure what Matthews is looking for, but he will have the opportunity to play against stronger and older players for the most part going the NCAA route. 

I would not be shocked if he decided to go the NCAA route.  More than likely a one and done but look at Eichel.  He is actually talking about (I don't believe it) that he may come back for another year.  Not sure what Matthews is looking for, but he will have the opportunity to play against stronger and older players for the most part going the NCAA route.

Maybe, but college provides much more practice time whereas MJ gives them games. The top tier talent guys figure they need less drill and more games. Pretty simplistic view, and I'm talking out of my arse, so we'll see if anyone calls me on it.

Maybe, but college provides much more practice time whereas MJ gives them games. The top tier talent guys figure they need less drill and more games. Pretty simplistic view, and I'm talking out of my arse, so we'll see if anyone calls me on it.

Would probly depend how important an education is to him and his family too. I just hope if Matthews goes the college route he doesnt go to BU, then we'll never hear the end of Eichel either if he stays

At the Western Canada Cup Penticton Vees cushed Spruce Grove Saints 11-3. Tyson Jost had a hat trick and an assist. Dante Fabbro was kept of the score sheet along with Riley Simpson on Spruce Grove, Brandon Biro did not play. It would have been nice to see Biro and Jost go against each other.

Edit: Taylor Ward made the trip with the Penticton Vees, he did not play against Spruce Grove.