SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Denver Post making it sound like Auston Matthews is going to Denver or maybe Michigan.

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_27815453/denvers-jim-montgomery-excited-2015-16-after-pioneers

Typical Mike Chambers crap. 

Matthews, who is expected to be selected No. 1 in the 2016 NHL draft, will center Heinen and Moore if he chooses DU over Michigan, among others, and the major-junior route.

15 year old Eeli Tolvanen has been tendered by Sioux City.

2013-14: Blues U16 Jr. C SM-sarja Q; 8 games played (13-9-22)

Blues U16 II Jr. C SM-sarja; 1 games played (1-1-2)

Blues U16 Jr. C SM-sarja; 28 games played (43-33-76)

Blues U18 Jr. B SM-sarja; 10 gmaes played (2-4-6)

2014-15: Blues U18 Jr, B SM-sarja; 41 games played (39-45-84)

Blues U20 Jr. A SM-Iiiga; 7 games played (2-3-5)

Finland U16 5 games played (4-5-9)

I'd like to see how Adam Huska does in the USHL.

I've heard Caleb Jones has expressed interest in Wisconsin. 

Carmine Buono committed to UMass today.

Kelly Friesen @KellyFriesen Mar 27

Many reporting Caleb Jones, brother of Preds defender Seth Jones, will join the Portland Winterhawks next season. #WHL

Jones is very likely WHL bound. I believe Luke Jaycox has visited both UND and Duluth.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2015/04/14_eichel_has_advice_for_auston.php

Given that he hasn't decided yet what to do, most people assume, at this point, that Matthews will choose the Major Junior route. Perhaps it's wise that he hasn't committed to a school only to change his mind later, as, for example, Seth Jones did. Jones, another high-end Team USA player, was committed to North Dakota, went to junior instead, then went fourth overall in the 2013 NHL Draft.

Wodon didn't do his homework for this article.  Jones never committed here...he just said that it was between UND (if he went to college) and MJ, and he went MJ.

• Upvote 1

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2015/04/14_eichel_has_advice_for_auston.php

Wodon didn't do his homework for this article.  Jones never committed here...he just said that it was between UND (if he went to college) and MJ, and he went MJ.

What is even more mind boggling is that when confronted with this mistake, he still doesn't admit he is wrong.  Never been a big fan of him before, but now his arrogance appears to be reflected in his inability to correct mistakes, which in my opinion deters from any journalistic credibility.

Jaxon Nelson to the gophs, kind of expected.

Really liked Nelson's game he has loads of potential going forward and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he ends up being a 1st round pick. Losing this battle is a lot easier to take after winning the battles for Boeser and Mismash.