SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/117451/beyond-tomorrow-fabbro-weighing-options-in-deciding-to-play-ncaa-or-whl-hockey/

In this article Fabbro is quoted as saying. 50/50 college/WHL

But....

Family big on education....

Visited UW and was amazed by the facilities and Atmosphere.....

Plans on trip to UND...if he thinks Madiso ficilities and empty Kohl are nice.....

Talks about his friendship with Bast.

He's a SIOUX.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/117451/beyond-tomorrow-fabbro-weighing-options-in-deciding-to-play-ncaa-or-whl-hockey/

But....

Plans on trip to UND...if he thinks Madiso ficilities and empty Kohl are nice.....

He's a SIOUX.

I like your take.

But....

He's a SIOUX.

Dante Fabbro was at Wisconsin a year ago for a visit. It seems that 5 guys on Canada West team at the World Junior A Challenge are all friends and all Sioux fans we have 3 of the 5 committed only Jost and Fabbro are left. 

• Upvote 3

Saw this on kroxam.com Sports FeeVer looks like there is at least some interest in Warroad SR defenseman Luke Jaycox.

"Another note on the Warroad win for Crookston, the Warriors top two players did not play in the game, the talented winger Kobe Roth and very, very talented defenseman Luke Jaycox. We would have liked to see them in the game and some people will say it’s the reason Crookston won, but you play with who you have and the Pirates had a little more on Saturday.
Roth is out with a severe high ankle sprain he reinjured in the Roseau game last Thursday. Jaycox is out with a broken jaw which he suffered on December 29 in their first holiday tournament game against Grafton (N.D.). He was going down to block a shot, turned his head slightly and the puck went just under the face mask and struck his jaw. When Jaycox was getting his jaw wired, they decided to x-ray his wrist which he was having some problems with and found out he had been playing for quite a time with a broken wrist!!! Roth is out for a little bit and I thought I heard February on Jaycox’s return.  Roth is going to Minnesota-Duluth while Jaycox is using the time off to do some more college visiting and we hear he is making a second visit to the University of North Dakota, has visited Minnesota-Duluth and has had conversations with Cornell University."

Is he even good enough to play at UND level? Guessing he's a shut down physical d man

Yes he is a big physical d-man but don't believe he has the talent to play here. Tweten will be interesting to follow though. Not sure on how high or if there is any interest at this point.

What's the word on tweten and eades? Any Roseau, Warroad, gf/egf or other northern kids to keep an eye on? Thanks

I haven't seen Eades play this year but watching him in the state tournament last year he definitely needed to improve his skating/footwork. I thought Poolman was the best defenseman on that team it looks like in 32 games with Fargo this year he has 4 assists and is even. I really like Tweten as well as his teammate Loven and I think they will both end up playing college hockey somewhere but what I've heard is UND wants to see Tweten be more consistent in his game before an offer will come. As for other northern kids to keep an eye on I haven't seen a lot of games this year but I have heard that Bemidji and Grand Rapids both have some pretty talented players coming through a few specifically mentioned to me were Brady Tatro SO. Bemidji, Alex Adams JR., Jonah Bischoff JR., and John Stampohar SO. all from Grand Rapids.

I haven't seen Eades play this year but watching him in the state tournament last year he definitely needed to improve his skating/footwork. I thought Poolman was the best defenseman on that team it looks like in 32 games with Fargo this year he has 4 assists and is even. I really like Tweten as well as his teammate Loven and I think they will both end up playing college hockey somewhere but what I've heard is UND wants to see Tweten be more consistent in his game before an offer will come. As for other northern kids to keep an eye on I haven't seen a lot of games this year but I have heard that Bemidji and Grand Rapids both have some pretty talented players coming through a few specifically mentioned to me were Brady Tatro SO. Bemidji, Alex Adams JR., Jonah Bischoff JR., and John Stampohar SO. all from Grand Rapids.

I know that Stampohar has been here on a visit (official or unofficial) already. I haven't seen Adams play but have heard good things and for all the attention Mattson and Bischoff get it seems as though Adams keeps showing up on the boxscores more often.

I know that Stampohar has been here on a visit (official or unofficial) already. I haven't seen Adams play but have heard good things and for all the attention Mattson and Bischoff get it seems as though Adams keeps showing up on the boxscores more often.

Agreed, it seems like Adams from Mattson shows up a lot in the boxscores and Adams is actually their leading scorer with 37 points. Mattson is closely behind him with 35 points while Bischoff is 3rd on the team with 28 points.

As for other northern kids to keep an eye on I haven't seen a lot of games this year but I have heard that Bemidji and Grand Rapids both have some pretty talented players coming through a few specifically mentioned to me were Brady Tatro SO. Bemidji, Alex Adams JR., Jonah Bischoff JR., and John Stampohar SO. all from Grand Rapids.

Tatro/Bemidji will be in EGF tonight at 7pm.  Should be a great game.   J Leitner (Sr), Pollack (F) and goalie Theraldson are fun to watch, too.