SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Anyone catch William Laggeson at the World Juniors for Sweden? I know this thread showed that TSN said UND is a possible landing spot for him, but with the verbal from Gabe Bast, is there still room? Does a 4th round draft pick wait an extra year?

Anyone catch William Laggeson at the World Juniors for Sweden? I know this thread showed that TSN said UND is a possible landing spot for him, but with the verbal from Gabe Bast, is there still room? Does a 4th round draft pick wait an extra year?

No they'll have to make room. Bast will play another year of junior hockey.

No they'll have to make room. Bast will play another year of junior hockey.

I'm guessing Dayns Chartrand and a either Shaw or Wolanin if no one leaves. If just Jordan leaves than all 3 come in l. Evers and Bast would be considered if even more leave. I'd personally like to see how Evers could do outside of the U18 team. If Laggeson commits than he I think Shaw will move back.

Are you the creator of "A Tradition of Excellence"? If so, any plans of resurrecting that site?

Yeah I am, and yes I am going to try to get it going once again.

It went pretty much dormant last year as I took a new (and much busier) position professionally while spending the majority of my personal free time training for a couple of marathons.

I certainly miss doing the blog, but time has been the big obstacle.

Andy Johnson @AndyJohnsonB5Q  ·  2h 2 hours ago

Sounds like the race for Brock Boeser between Minnesota and North Dakota is much closer than most realize. Wisconsin distant third in fight.

So you're telling me there's a chance! I hope so since everything I see and read says it's basically just a matter of time before he commits to Minny.

I wouldn't mind UND going after Jiri Fronk, but I'm thinking he can't go NCAA because of the 21 game he played in the MHL (Russians junior league).

Radovan Bondra on the Slovakian World Junior team, not a offensive threat but he looks to be a bigger version of St. Clair. He plays on Slovakia's version of the U18 USNTDP, which plays against the top league in Slovakia. Bondra is 6'5" forward very good on the PK. I think if Bondra gets the opportunity to play in the US, he might put the numbers he did as a 15 year old in the Slovakian U18 league 37-25-62 in 38 games.

Vili Saarijarvi 17 year old offensive defensemen plays for the Green Bay Gamblers 4-9-13 through 28 games this year. Saarijarvi is smaller then Lagesson (5'9") but puts up more points then Lagesson. Wouldn't mind either one at UND just not sure on how the defense will be in the next two years at UND if both could come in. 

Riley Simpson had a goal in Spruce Grove Saints win. Nice to see Simpson healthy this year, his 12-16-28 in 42 games last year Simpson 9-7-16 in 30 games. 

Brandon Biro had an assist in a Spruce Grove Saints win. He's just under a point per game 14-24-38 in 41 games.

Tyson Jost had a goal and an assist in a Penticton 4-1 win.

Dante Fabbro had two assists for Penticton.

Here's a line that everyone would like to here at the Ralph: "Bast from Fabbro and Jost" that was the second goal for Penticton tonight.

Tyson Jost had a hat trick today for Penticton with Dante Fabbro assisting on all three goals and Bast assisting on the first two goals. 

Dante Fabbro had 4 assists today for Penticton.

Riley Simpson with a goal and an assist today for Spruce Grove Saints.

• Upvote 1

Tyson Jost had a hat trick today for Penticton with Dante Fabbro assisting on all three goals and Bast assisting on the first two goals. 

Dante Fabbro had 4 assists today for Penticton.

Riley Simpson with a goal and an assist today for Spruce Grove Saints.

Hope we can land Jost.  

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits