SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

As I've stated previously, I skated with some guys who knew his cousin (mentor) quite well and it was known that he did not want to play here in the Cities.  Obviously you have to take that with a grain of salt as he is only a young kid and he has already decommited once.  I remember that age, your mind can flip every other day.  I think we have a good shot at him, if indeed the rumors are true that we are in the running.  If he were going Minny, you think he would have said so by now.  He's always here and he plays on a line with those guys....why take so long? 

As far as Matthews, he's another guy who I think will stay state-side.  He's seeing what Eichel is doing and it won't hurt Eichel's draft stock.  I do think he'll end up at BC or BU though.  Imagine if, for whatever reason, Eichel doesn't leave?  Those two would dominate.  However, he could being interested in playing with Schmaltz.  Elite goal scorers like to play with elite playmakers.

image.png

@USAHockeyScores: #WJAC2014 | The third is underway in Kindersley. The U.S. and Canada East tied at one.

Broesner has the goal

As noted in comm thread due to Gersich

@USAHockeyScores: #WJAC2014 | Team USA gets the game-tying goal with 1:30 left. With 2.5 seconds on the clock, Gersich score the go ahead for the U.S.

Wonder when he decides. This is a big one. He schmaltz and Gersich could be pretty unreal as well as cags. Hope the az connection and the Toews admiration helps a little

@mikemorrealeNHL: Possible No. 1 pick in the 2016 NHL Draft Auston Matthews narrows college choice to five schools: BC, BU, Michigan, Denver and UND.

Sounds like it's just a matter of time before Boeser commits to Minny. I think playing with Novak and Sheehy moving forward is going to be too much for him to pass up. Sounds like they had a nice tourney this past week.  

I would rather have Nick Schmaltz setting me up to help my draft status, but if he already has a friendship and chemistry with them, I certainly can see why he would choose that route.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits