SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I talked to Max Gerlach of the Colorado Thundebirds U16 at the DU series. He was wearing a Sioux shirt and said his wish is to go to UND. Drafted by the Force and has played 1 game for them this season. Was the captian for Team USA at the U-17 tournament this year. You may remember his from this video:

I talked to Max Gerlach of the Colorado Thundebirds U16 at the DU series. He was wearing a Sioux shirt and said his wish is to go to UND. Drafted by the Force and has played 1 game for them this season. Was the captian for Team USA at the U-17 tournament this year. You may remember his from this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn9BT7pkQR8

That is great news. I know he was up here earlier this year on a visit.

Omaha just landed the leading scorer on the Penticton Vees Riley Alfred (17-17-34).

Arizona State's first commitments as a NCAA program are Jordan Masters and Cody Gylling (these guys were never going to be on UND's radar. It's nice to see them get their first commitments).

Omaha just landed the leading scorer on the Penticton Vees Riley Alfred (17-17-34).

Looks like he is a '95 so he would likely need to come in next year or the year after probably more of a fall back option behind Boeser, Jost, Matthews, and others if the Sioux were interested in him at all.

So, when should we expect to hear something definite about these individuals that have been so frequently mentioned here?

Boeser my guess is sometime relatively soon he has visited UND, Minnesota, and Wisconsin but I think it is really down to UND and Minnesota and that he probably ends up at Minnesota. Matthews wants to make sure he is 100% on a decision and seems to kind of be handling the process a little like Seth Jones my guess on him is not until this Spring.

Boeser my guess is sometime relatively soon he has visited UND, Minnesota, and Wisconsin but I think it is really down to UND and Minnesota and that he probably ends up at Minnesota. Matthews wants to make sure he is 100% on a decision and seems to kind of be handling the process a little like Seth Jones my guess on him is not until this Spring.

I think UND gets both Boeser and Matthews.

I'd like to see UND land all of these 98's

Max Gerlach

Collin Adams

Dante Fabbro

Tyson Jost

Taylor Ward

Chad Krys

Brandon Biro

Max Jones

I'd like to see UND land all of these 98's

Max Gerlach

Collin Adams

Dante Fabbro

Tyson Jost

Taylor Ward

Chad Krys

Brandon Biro

Max Jones

Sorry, I don't want UND to ever have a player named Krys on the team.  Every time he was on the ice it would just remind me of a certain Krys from BC that...well, you know.  :(

I think UND gets both Boeser and Matthews.

I got a tingly, warm feeling when I thought of that possibility.

IF that happened & no one left early after this season, UND would be a juggernaut next year. Having superstar players doesn't always translate to success on the ice, but we would sure be stacked talent-wise similar to the 1986-87 season.. 

fixed your post

I got a tingly, warm feeling when I thought of that possibility.

IF that happened & no one left early after this season, UND would be a juggernaut next year. Having superstar players doesn't always translate to success on the ice, but we would sure be stacked talent-wise similar to the 1986-87 season.. 

I hope you're correct but I would say there is a much better chance we get neither. I've been saying all along Boeser is Minny bound. I will be surprised if he ends up here but I would love to be wrong.

As I've stated previously, I skated with some guys who knew his cousin (mentor) quite well and it was known that he did not want to play here in the Cities.  Obviously you have to take that with a grain of salt as he is only a young kid and he has already decommited once.  I remember that age, your mind can flip every other day.  I think we have a good shot at him, if indeed the rumors are true that we are in the running.  If he were going Minny, you think he would have said so by now.  He's always here and he plays on a line with those guys....why take so long? 

As far as Matthews, he's another guy who I think will stay state-side.  He's seeing what Eichel is doing and it won't hurt Eichel's draft stock.  I do think he'll end up at BC or BU though.  Imagine if, for whatever reason, Eichel doesn't leave?  Those two would dominate.  However, he could being interested in playing with Schmaltz.  Elite goal scorers like to play with elite playmakers.