SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Boeser is a big recruit. If he is a part of next years class he is a power forward who is a top 6 or 9 forward and would allow us to possibly slide Yon to next years class so he is a year older and stronger and more prepared.

Remember that Matthews needs a roster spot too.  :)  ;)

• Upvote 1

Read on twitter that Keegan Ford is going to finish the season in Dubuque and look at attending a different college next fall. I remember he had his decision narrowed down to UND, Ohio St., and Wisco before committing to the badgers.

Interesting, those were his final 3 and his dad played for uw as well. Sounds like a stecher type from scouting reports when he commited.

He quit on his team before the sememster is up when things aren't going good.  Character always reveals itself during adversity.  Would we have come out of our early funk last season if we had people with this mentality?

Yup, exactly my reasons. I don't want a player who is a flight risk when things get tough. 

Regarding Ford, unless I know the details of someone's situation, I don't like to judge them.  To me it's not a certainty that he's a bad guy because he left Wisconsin.

Also, some of this is speculation and getting ahead of things perhaps too much, but with the budding free agent buzz pre-injury for Stecher, as well as the fast career starts for LaDue and Poolman, it's possible the core of this D-corp might not be around too long.  UND may be looking for bodies in a year or two.

Fabbro is supposed to be really good.  (I saw that on the internet.)

Regarding Ford, unless I know the details of someone's situation, I don't like to judge them.  To me it's not a certainty that he's a bad guy because he left Wisconsin.

Also, some of this is speculation and getting ahead of things perhaps too much, but with the budding free agent buzz pre-injury for Stecher, as well as the fast career starts for LaDue and Poolman, it's possible the core of this D-corp might not be around too long.  UND may be looking for bodies in a year or two.

Fabbro is supposed to be really good.  (I saw that on the internet.)

I wouldn't say I'm "judging" his character as a person(for all I know he's a great kid), but given the information we have at this present time I wouldn't want him on our team.  Wisconsin starts 1-10-1 and the only explanation we hear is that "he's not having any fun".

Also, he plans to go back to juniors and re-join a different D1 college hockey team.  If he's going through something serious in his personal life I feel for him, but why would he be looking to join another college hockey team after going back to juniors if that's the case? His decision has so many red flags that his seemingly limited upside wouldn't be worth it to me. 

Then again, this all my personal opinion and I don't get a say in the matter.

Agree, based on the information provided, but it's always sketchy to assume that's all there is to it.   "It's not you, it's me" usually means "I don't like you".    Based on the information at hand, I understand your point.  I just think it's dangerous to assume that information is robust enough to use for opinion forming.

....and the only explanation we hear is that "he's not having any fun".

Agree, based on the information provided, but it's always sketchy to assume that's all there is to it.   "It's not you, it's me" usually means "I don't like you".    Based on the information at hand, I understand your point.  I just think it's dangerous to assume that information is robust enough to use for opinion forming.

I'd argue my opinions are not dangerous at all, but then again no one would listen anyways  :)

• Upvote 1