SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

@chrismpeters Interesting development in Seth Jones Watch. Everett owns his WHL rights. RT @SNPatrickKing: Doug Soetaert out as GM in Everett.

Sure that's an interesting fact, but what does it mean in context to Seth Jones? Would Jones see that as a plus or a minus?

And thus completes today's lesson on the difference between "knowledge" and "wisdom". ;)

I know this has been brought up a little bit before but r the Sioux looking at this Russian kid...

Daniil Tarasov

Seems to be a solid player but the ? is can he play college hockey,,,,

This seems to be the question everyone is asking. The beat writer for the Force wasn't even sure if he was eligible or not.

Regarding: Daniil Tarasov Hockeydb doesn't have his history prior to him being 18. EliteProspects has him as having played in the IJHL (a league I've never heard of... midgets perhaps?) in Massachusetts and Dynamo Moskva-3.

The only question behind that Dynamo team, in the Russian 3rd League, is where that stands with the NCAA. If it is what I think it is, then Tarasov SHOULD (barring academics) be eligible for DI hockey.

UPDATE: The IJHL is the International Junior Hockey League. I took this from the Cape Cod Journal:

The IJHL is a developmental league for players ages 15 to 20 hoping to attract the attention of pro and college scouts. The Cubs compete in the nine-team Super Elite Division and in the eight-team Select Division, facing franchises from Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey and New York. There are also Massachusetts opponents based in Saugus, Dedham, Dracut, Walpole, Worcester, Lynn and Haverhill.

Regarding: Daniil Tarasov Hockeydb doesn't have his history prior to him being 18. EliteProspects has him as having played in the IJHL (a league I've never heard of... midgets perhaps?) in Massachusetts and Dynamo Moskva-3.

The only question behind that Dynamo team, in the Russian 3rd League, is where that stands with the NCAA. If it is what I think it is, then Tarasov SHOULD (barring academics) be eligible for DI hockey.

UPDATE: The IJHL is the International Junior Hockey League. I took this from the Cape Cod Journal:

подписать его

podpisatʹ yego

I think you see a lot of older players that are up in various leagues stats that don't have scholarships. Don't know if that means that they don't feel that the upside is as great as a younger player putting up good stats against older players or what. I guess the question might be is he putting up the stats because he is playing against younger guys, and how much more potential does he have to grow. Sometimes it might be a matter of wondering about team chemistry, although he obviously hasn't had a problem fitting in with the USHL. Don't know what kind of a player he is, but would he fit into Hakstol's style of being hard to play against and the characteristic work ethic. Don't know the answer to any of these questions, but it would seem odd that at least an Alaska Anchorage or some other teams that aren't able to garner the high-end talent wouldn't take a chance on him if he were eligible.

Thanks for the info

If people were wanting to read a bit of the Seth Jones article that was in the recent issue of ESPN Magazine, a member on HFBoards posted a portion of the article:

http://hfboards.hock...75&postcount=76

Note to Mods: I wasn't too sure if this would be violating the copyright rule so I've refrained from actually copy/pasting the article onto here and provided a link instead. It's HFBoards' problem is how I look at it. :lol:

If people were wanting to read a bit of the Seth Jones article that was in the recent issue of ESPN Magazine, a member on HFBoards posted a portion of the article:

http://hfboards.hock...75&postcount=76

Note to Mods: I wasn't too sure if this would be violating the copyright rule so I've refrained from actually copy/pasting the article onto here and provided a link instead. It's HFBoards' problem is how I look at it. :lol:

nice article. he sounds like he's really got his priorities straight. hopefully, he'll come to UND.

NoDak is in the running for defenseman Ian McCoshen

Known primarily as a shut-down defenseman, the 6'3, 205 pound blue-liner registered six assists in 42 games for the Waterloo last season. However this season McCoshen has doubled his point total (5 goals, 7 assists) through just 33 games.

McCoshen has always been one of the top players in his age group in the country and was rewarded for his hard work this fall when he was invited by USA Hockey to represent the red, white, and blue in the World Junior A Challenge.

McCoshen however is taking his time to make the right decision for his future. He's a year and a half away from stepping foot in a college classroom and won't rush to make up his mind on his future home.

The rangy defenseman has however narrowed down his options. McCoshen told Bucky's 5th Quarter Sunday that he's considering North Dakota, Nebraska-Omaha, Minnesota-Duluth, and Wisconsin.

McCoshen has been to visit all of the schools with the exception of North Dakota. He will make a trip to Grand Forks later in the hockey season to check out Ralph Engelstad Arena and the surrounding campus.

http://www.buckys5th...hens-final-four

Brian Lee was one. We (UND) don't like to claim him as "one" as we usually do with our past players that progress forward to the NHL.

i don't understand why people gave him such a hard time (ya i know people thought he wasn't a big burly defenseman like greene or commodore), he was/is a good hockey player and it would've been nice to see him stick around another year.

i don't understand why people gave him such a hard time (ya i know people thought he wasn't a big burly defenseman like greene or commodore), he was/is a good hockey player and it would've been nice to see him stick around another year.

A nice kid in all. His ego and "2-year plan" path is the key problem with him at his time at UND. Was he ready to leave after two years? Some would argue no, and some would argue yes. He had quite the decent stats in his first professional year in the AHL, made the all-star game in his first year.

Since his first year in the AHL, he's done hardly anything. Poor kid. Not impassive whatever so ever, even when he has an advantage of being a right handed shot/defenseman in the NHL. The kid is great, first pass puck moving defensemen and that's it. Kid can't shoot or skate by anyone.

Rant over.