SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Recent news regarding Cammarata, I have heard he has many offers already. Offers from ND, Notre Dame, Ohio State, UMD and of course U of Minny. Those are the one's I know of from a while back. I have also heard there are many more coming. He has not made up his mind as of yet. And I am hearing he will not make a decsion for some time. He has visited the U of M a few times and has been seen at a few U hockey games. It sounds like he will be visiting some schools in the near future. ND is a school on his list that he will be visiting. Although they live in the MSP metro, the family is from Warroad Mn. And have family and friends who attend ND. And they are close friends with coach Eades from his time spent in Warroad.

any news on cammaratta? or if he does choose college is he in the michaelson/fausching mold? even though i wish fausching would go to und!

Huge blow to UW...Zach Stepan is heading to OSU according to internet folk.

He had listed UND has a possible college, but I don't think many expected him to come here.

UW, on the other hand, with his cousin Derek having a good collegiate career at UW...many were already penciling him into their future recruiting class.

A familiar name has been popping up in the recruiting news lately. Stepan. No not Derek. I'm talking about his cousin Zach, a 1994 born forward out of the Shattuck St. Marys program.

Badger fans should familiarize themselves with Zach as from the sounds of it, it's only a matter of time before he commits to Wisconsin.

In mid-April, College Hockey 247 interviewed Zach after the NTDP tryouts. He did nothing to dispel the rumors that he favors the Badgers, mentioning that he's always been a big Badgers fan, and that he loves the Kohl Center.

Stepan is also considering North Dakota, Minnesota, Denver, and Boston College.

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/2010/05/recruiting-update-part-4-zach-stepan.html

That was from May of this year...

Huge blow to UW...Zach Stepan is heading to OSU according to internet folk.

He had listed UND has a possible college, but I don't think many expected him to come here.

UW, on the other hand, with his cousin Derek having a good collegiate career at UW...many were already penciling him into their future recruiting class.

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/2010/05/recruiting-update-part-4-zach-stepan.html

That was from May of this year...

It's a loss because we would have loved to have a talent like that but we have no room for him. Assuming Craig Smith goes pro before his senior season, we're projected to have 17 forwards for 2012 barring no other early departures or losing anyone to natural attrition.One of our forwards Ryan Little can easily be moved back to defense as well.

Regardless, we've already got two forwards for that 2012 class that blow Stepan out of the water and a third who is just as good. We just picked up a Wisconsin high school player Brad Navin as well who finished third in the Elite League in scoring. And he's willing to wait untl 2012 OR 2013 depending on departures so he provided us a lot more flexiblity than Stepan. I think in the end for UW it came down to having the flexability in Navin over the upside in Stepan.

Edit: Heisenberg lists him as a 2013 right now. If that's the case...I take everything I said here back.

Chuck, come on. There's always been room for one more recruit under Eaves...

Haha, that's in the past. Eaves has been a lot more disciplined in recruiting the past 18-24 months or so. It initially started when we lost Paveski and Earl late in the game and had no backups ready. Then he went crazy and gave everybody and thier mother a scholarship. Been a lot more streamlined over the past few seasons.

Haha, that's in the past. Eaves has been a lot more disciplined in recruiting the past 18-24 months or so. It initially started when we lost Paveski and Earl late in the game and had no backups ready. Then he went crazy and gave everybody and thier mother a scholarship. Been a lot more streamlined over the past few seasons.

Just like the 25 year old Canadian label is attached to UND, I think the Eaves stocking up on recruits thing will stick with UW for awhile. Both are untrue, but opposing fanbase favorites.

Now, what can a UND and UW fan agree to say about the UMN-Twin Cities' program....I will go with: "Lucia doesn't help his players progress!"

Just like the 25 year old Canadian label is attached to UND, I think the Eaves stocking up on recruits thing will stick with UW for awhile. Both are untrue, but opposing fanbase favorites.

Now, what can a UND and UW fan agree to say about the UMN-Twin Cities' program....I will go with: "Lucia doesn't help his players progress!"

I used to get upset at the over-recruiting thing but it doens't bother me any more. The 10% of fans (if that) that even follow recruiting to get it don't bother me. It only bothered me when it could be used against us in future recruiting. But kids aren't dumb, they look ahead and see who is committed, who is on the team, and where they are projected to be in the program.

So if 3 years from now joe schmo from Apple Valley is playing the over-recruiting card on us, good for him. He's probably an idiot.

It's the same thing with fans who complain that Wisconsin is a boring trap team. Little do they know Wisconsin led the country in scoring last year and this season have been in the top 10 all year until the stinker last weekend up in Alaska.

Gopher fans are the ones I laugh at the most about bitching about the trap. I was at both the UW/UMN games at Mariucci this year and they trapped way more than we did. But most gopher fan's don't even know what a trap is, they just like running their mouths.

You almost have to have your bases covered in the college hockey world today, as judged by the Sioux having 7 forwards that could come in next year if there were enough early departures to go along with the four senior forwards. I do think most players now understand that the year they will be coming in depends on early departures and development. The thing with all of the early recruiting, it doesn't leave a whole lot of room to capture the late bloomers.

Agreed.

I always thought he'd stay home anyways, but that just kind of cemented it. If I was in his shoes, I'd stay close to home.

It's not necessarily a given though. Not sure what his other choices were, but I know Joe Finley had a handicapped sibling and obviously decided to play here.

I totally understand if Hudson wants to play for a team closer to home. We would sure like to have him but I understand with this recruit. I just don't think the gophers deserve someone like him. They can have Michaelson, as it turns out he was not Sioux material. Hudson is a good kid and he deserves a program and fan base that are equally deserving and that program is UND.

That's a great story about an incredible kid. The world needs more people like him and his family.

And I got to watch him play last night, he is good hockey player.. Actually Hudson Faschings and A.J. Michaelson were impressive last night as their team steam rolled the Riders. Both kids logged a lot of ice time and were involved in all aspects of the game. Both are big players with a lot of skill and would both look good in green and white.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits