SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

http://www.thescoutingnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=33259:nick-schmaltz&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=54

Sounds like Jordan Schmaltz has a brother that has crazy skills at his young age.

Not sure where to look to see when the Little Caesar's Tourney in GF is, but I believe it's December 11 and 12...in which case you'll be able to watch Nick Schmaltz play for the Chicago Mission.

Not sure where to look to see when the Little Caesar's Tourney in GF is, but I believe it's December 11 and 12...in which case you'll be able to watch Nick Schmaltz play for the Chicago Mission.

Little Caesar's Tournament is Jan 20-23, 2011. You can find it at www.reahockeyacademy.com/tournaments/view/?little_caesars_north_american_showcase.

According to the Fargo Forum, Demers has 5 D1 offers to play hockey. Does anyone know if UND is one of those offers. I know, I know, people will criticize since he is a ND boy, but he is having a great year and has worked really hard all 3 years in the USHL, He would be a great 4 year player that could play in many situations.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/300437/

According to the Fargo Forum, Demers has 5 D1 offers to play hockey. Does anyone know if UND is one of those offers. I know, I know, people will criticize since he is a ND boy, but he is having a great year and has worked really hard all 3 years in the USHL, He would be a great 4 year player that could play in many situations.

Let me guess Minnesota is one of those schools. They only seem to win championships lately with Nodak boys. :)

I've never seen him play, but if this is his last year of juniors, I question whether we would have room for him next season. I've seen the list of forward recruits, a lot of whom are scheduled to come in next year.

Don't know if they are or not, but they probably wouldn't have a lot of scholarship money to give. Right now there is the possibility of MacMillan, O'Donnell, St. Clair, Mattson, J.T. Miller and Rocco Grimaldi for next year. Unless they lose 2 players early, they might need to send one or two back to their respective teams. Sometimes older players don't have the upside that younger players would, but then again they might do anything through hard work to earn their way. Be interesting to see which teams have offered.

Don't know if they are or not, but they probably wouldn't have a lot of scholarship money to give. Right now there is the possibility of MacMillan, O'Donnell, St. Clair, Mattson, J.T. Miller and Rocco Grimaldi for next year. Unless they lose 2 players early, they might need to send one or two back to their respective teams. Sometimes older players don't have the upside that younger players would, but then again they might do anything through hard work to earn their way. Be interesting to see which teams have offered.

Well, I know Mattson will be here next year. I don't think he has much USHL eligibility after this year.

St. Clair was almost here this year so I'd guess he'll be in Grand Forks next fall too.

The rest, who knows.

If he supposedly has 5 D-1 offers, I'd be highly surprised if he walked on at UND

you know what is going to happen? The Sioux probably don't have room for him and he will end up going to another team haunting UND by score a game winning goal against them in the Final Five or something simular to that. :lol:

you know what is going to happen? The Sioux probably don't have room for him and he will end up going to another team haunting UND by score a game winning goal against them in the Final Five or something simular to that. :lol:

I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up in St. Cloud, from what I've heard.

If he supposedly has 5 D-1 offers, I'd be highly surprised if he walked on at UND

Why is it so shocking? Who knows what kind of offers he is getting? Who knows what school's they're from? Who says that just because he may be a recruited walk-on doesn't mean he can't receive scholarship money in following seasons?

It isn't that rare of an occurrence even if it isn't typical.

Also, Mike Parks for next year at forward. I was thinking that O'Donnel was the most logical one to hold back but it sounds like he has been ripping it up as of late. I sure hope we get a d-man for next year shortly. I'm suprised we haven't heard of anybody on the D side as of yet. Only Mattson for next year so far.

Forgot about Parks. He might be one that needs another year, but who knows, he is playing in a league where putting up points is very hard to do. Also don't know who is more WCHA ready as far as being a two-way player.

Anyone hear anything about Nolan Zajac?

Will he be looked at by UND or will he follow his brother to Union?

I think if UND was committed on trying to bring him in, I don't think Nolan would have hesitated (although it isn't out of the realm of possibility that he just doesn't want to play at UND) to commit if there was any sort of offer. Something tells me he won't play for North Dakota.

I think if UND was committed on trying to bring him in, I don't think Nolan would have hesitated (although it isn't out of the realm of possibility that he just doesn't want to play at UND) to commit if there was any sort of offer. Something tells me he won't play for North Dakota.

hes improved it a lot from the previous seasons looking at his offensive numbers. i wonder if hes a possibility for next year

Also, Mike Parks for next year at forward. I was thinking that O'Donnel was the most logical one to hold back but it sounds like he has been ripping it up as of late. I sure hope we get a d-man for next year shortly. I'm suprised we haven't heard of anybody on the D side as of yet. Only Mattson for next year so far.

I bet they will bring in an older D recruit with size that can play right away to compliment smaller puck-movers like Gleason/Simpson/Mattson.

Blood (don't think he's a flight risk)

McWilliam

Gleason

Forbort

Simpson

Mattson

Recruit

Hill

Sounds like Fasching has narrowed his choices down a bit:

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_16802803?nclick_check=1

Being on the fast track is nothing new to Fasching, who has always played a grade or two higher than his age group for soccer and hockey. And even though he is a sophomore, he is already narrowing his field for college. He said his finalists are likely Minnesota, North Dakota and Notre Dame.

That said, a Gopher poster on USCHO mentioned that Fasching committed to the Gophers a few weeks ago, but that it won't be announced until next spring.

Not sure if that is true or not.

Sounds like Fasching has narrowed his choices down a bit:

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_16802803?nclick_check=1

That said, a Gopher poster on USCHO mentioned that Fasching committed to the Gophers a few weeks ago, but that it won't be announced until next spring.

Not sure if that is true or not.

He committed as a Gopher when he was like 8. :lol:

I think it's 95% likely he ends up a Gopher.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits