SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I don't think we should cut down the kid after the fact like certain gopher fans do. The kid made the decision for whatever reason, but it doesn't make him any worse of a player or his dad an idiot. Rumors say that his dad thought Hakstol was an idiot. Do I believe them? No! Would we be calling his dad a "douche" if he commited here? I highly doubt it.

Of course I don't feel any bad will towards said goofer commit. I just think he chose the wrong school. Obviously he thinks differently.

Recent news regarding Cammarata, I have heard he has many offers already. Offers from ND, Notre Dame, Ohio State, UMD and of course U of Minny. Those are the one's I know of from a while back. I have also heard there are many more coming. He has not made up his mind as of yet. And I am hearing he will not make a decsion for some time. He has visited the U of M a few times and has been seen at a few U hockey games. It sounds like he will be visiting some schools in the near future. ND is a school on his list that he will be visiting. Although they live in the MSP metro, the family is from Warroad Mn. And have family and friends who attend ND. And they are close friends with coach Eades from his time spent in Warroad.

Sounds like Seth Jones is the real deal. UND and DU have a history of splitting brothers so I would love to see that continue. Per Brad, Jones has a brother at DU.

Jesse Bull and Max Bull (scored in the game where DU goalie was insane and probably stole a national championship from Parise / Bochinski)

Brian Lee and John Lee

Recent news regarding Cammarata, I have heard he has many offers already. Offers from ND, Notre Dame, Ohio State, UMD and of course U of Minny. Those are the one's I know of from a while back. I have also heard there are many more coming. He has not made up his mind as of yet. And I am hearing he will not make a decsion for some time. He has visited the U of M a few times and has been seen at a few U hockey games. It sounds like he will be visiting some schools in the near future. ND is a school on his list that he will be visiting. Although they live in the MSP metro, the family is from Warroad Mn. And have family and friends who attend ND. they are close friends with coach Eades from his time spent in Warroad.

That could be a good thing.

Sounds like Seth Jones is the real deal. UND and DU have a history of splitting brothers so I would love to see that continue. Per Brad, Jones has a brother at DU.

Jesse Bull and Max Bull (scored in the game where DU goalie was insane and probably stole a national championship from Parise / Bochinski)

Brian Lee and John Lee

be awesome pick for the Sioux if Seth chooses the Sioux. The recruits better poor it on hard so he don't jump to WHL easily which I think he will go but hope not since he has stated he would love to make it to the NHL as soon as possible.

Looks like we have a new recruit. According to Heisenberg, Pelnik from the Carolina U16 committed. No clue who he is or even what league he plays in.

Looks like he is a 6-3 defenseman. A 95 birth year so he is 15 years old. Plays Tier I midget according to Heisenberg's site.

Looks like we have a new recruit. According to Heisenberg, Pelnik from the Carolina U16 committed. No clue who he is or even what league he plays in.

Looks like he is a 6-3 defenseman. A 95 birth year so he is 15 years old. Plays Tier I midget according to Heisenberg's site.

(Check the date on this article: nearly 3 years ago! The writer refers to Pelnik as 6-feet tall then...)

The Defensemen

By Paul Strand

2/19/08

Charlie Pelnik

Charlie is one of our 6-foot defensemen. He has some big reach and can dangle with the puck. Playing for the AAA Jr. Hurricanes Charlie has learned well under coach Steve Sabo. He stays at home when it is needed and picks his spots to rush the puck. When he does rush the puck, look out. He was the winner of the shoot out competition after our first practice and showed those offensive moves.

He also prefers the wrist shot from the point. Unlike most defensemen who love to get the big aircraft carrier slap shot off, Charlie takes a nice smooth wrist shot almost every time and sails it at the net. Not overpowering, but safe and usually ends in a good scoring play.

The original blog

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Pelnik is a big defensemen. May 1995 birthday and already listed at 6'4".

Had visits to Boston College, Notre Dame, Michigan, and Vermont, before picking UND.

Looks to be a very big pickup for the Sioux

Definately another major pick up for the coaches. Interested to see if Brad gets a chance to talk to him because rumors are he would be a very high pick in the OHL draft. The recruits the coaches are getting as of late conitnues to impress.

but Seth Jones would be nice but a VERY VERY VERY long shot for anyone I think. unless our recruits from the USA team do some inside recruiting of theirselves

I believe Seth Jones was here on a recruiting visit during the Denver series. I have a picture on of him on the bench. Can someone remind me how to post a picture saved to my computer?

Definately another major pick up for the coaches. Interested to see if Brad gets a chance to talk to him because rumors are he would be a very high pick in the OHL draft. The recruits the coaches are getting as of late conitnues to impress.

Just like the Gophers in recent years. ;)

Looks like Pelnik might be from the Matt Greene school of education.

http://www.facebook....100000431855924

Favorite Books: None I hate books...

LOL. And his favorite television reference comes from SpongeBob. Wow, make me feel old why don't ya? Funny to think the next generation of UND hockey players watching SpongeBob and listening to Miley Cyrus...

Pelnik is a big defensemen. May 1995 birthday and already listed at 6'4".

Had visits to Boston College, Notre Dame, Michigan, and Vermont, before picking UND.

Looks to be a very big pickup for the Sioux

Such a young commit we now look like Wisconsin or USC for football. Either way thats a long time before we see him in a Sioux uniform.