SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Backup is the operative word here - it looks like the Gophers got Brady Hjelle's backup.

Patterson, Kent CR 20 1109:43 10 6 1 1 46 2.49 475 .912

Hjelle, Brady CR 41 2380:07 22 15 4 3 99 2.50 1158 .921

The Gopher 3rd goalie and apparent walk on is from Eden Prairie and played for the Bismarck Bobcats of the NAHL. Believe his last name is Kramer, maybe?

Backup is the operative word here - it looks like the Gophers got Brady Hjelle's backup.

Patterson, Kent CR 20 1109:43 10 6 1 1 46 2.49 475 .912

Hjelle, Brady CR 41 2380:07 22 15 4 3 99 2.50 1158 .921

The Gopher 3rd goalie and apparent walk on is from Eden Prairie and played for the Bismarck Bobcats of the NAHL. Believe his last name is Kremer.

http://www.bismarckbobcats.com/NewsItemDet...;NewsItemID=180

Anybody know anything on Dylan Olsen who was/is MacWilliams teammate this year? I know I read a while back that someone was saying he was better than MacWilliam and that we should be going after him rather than MacWilliam. So does anyone know if the coaches were looking at him for 09 and/or have had any contact with him as far as committing here?

Anybody know anything on Dylan Olsen who was/is MacWilliams teammate this year? I know I read a while back that someone was saying he was better than MacWilliam and that we should be going after him rather than MacWilliam. So does anyone know if the coaches were looking at him for 09 and/or have had any contact with him as far as committing here?

He's been on CHRE's Hot 15 list for a while now...

http://collegehockeyrecruitexchange.blogsp...-prospects.html

St. Croix signed with Edmonton today.

Yes. Apparently UND offered the same package they offered Jonny Toews. Most here in Winnipeg are/were a little shocked by St. Croix's decision but apparently one of the coaches in Edmonton played with Chris St. Croix, Michael's older brother, and they felt fairly comfortable with that organization and the situation that they presented to Michael.

I'm also going to guess that Edmonton sweetened the pot just a little in order to make sure they got St. Croix by guaranteeing him a scholarship package equal to if not greater than what UND could offer over a 4 year period.

Many scouting organizations had him as the top pick in the WHL draft this year despite the fact that he eventually went 4th overall. Part of the reason why he may have gone 4th and not 1st was because of the college factor and because the father probably let some of the people out in BC know that he wouldn't be going out that far to play hockey if he had UND as an option. Why would he?

And yes, Brad Berry did have a significant influence on the St. Croix's apparently. They were very very very very close to choosing UND over Edmonton.

So, in a nutshell, St. Croix is gone. That doesn't mean that UND should stop trying to recruit these outstanding talents coming out of Manitoba because I still think they will bag more of them than they lose.

And I was the one who mentioned Dylan Olsen first on these boards. Base on what I saw he will be an outstanding D-man if he decides on the college route. Great offensive skills and shut down defensive skills. Can play both sides of the rink equally well.

And I was the one who mentioned Dylan Olsen first on these boards. Base on what I saw he will be an outstanding D-man if he decides on the college route. Great offensive skills and shut down defensive skills. Can play both sides of the rink equally well.

A scout I talked to that saw Olsen/McW play said that Olsen>McW.

Yes. Apparently UND offered the same package they offered Jonny Toews. Most here in Winnipeg are/were a little shocked by St. Croix's decision but apparently one of the coaches in Edmonton played with Chris St. Croix, Michael's older brother, and they felt fairly comfortable with that organization and the situation that they presented to Michael.

I'm also going to guess that Edmonton sweetened the pot just a little in order to make sure they got St. Croix by guaranteeing him a scholarship package equal to if not greater than what UND could offer over a 4 year period.

Many scouting organizations had him as the top pick in the WHL draft this year despite the fact that he eventually went 4th overall. Part of the reason why he may have gone 4th and not 1st was because of the college factor and because the father probably let some of the people out in BC know that he wouldn't be going out that far to play hockey if he had UND as an option. Why would he?

And yes, Brad Berry did have a significant influence on the St. Croix's apparently. They were very very very very close to choosing UND over Edmonton.

So, in a nutshell, St. Croix is gone. That doesn't mean that UND should stop trying to recruit these outstanding talents coming out of Manitoba because I still think they will bag more of them than they lose.

Well that sucks tha St. Croix was very close to choosing UND but decided otherwise. He might have been our first one and doner.

Vegas do you know if Olsen is leaning towards the college route and if so does UND have a shot at him? By him playing another year in the AJHL it looks like he is going the college route but that is just a guess.

Wildcats eye Garrett Clarke

Clarke announced in January that he would play junior A next season after signing a tender with the expansion Fargo Force of the United States Hockey League. He also confirmed that he would pursue U.S. college hockey after giving a verbal commitment to the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux.

The question is whether the six-foot, 180-pounder is now reconsidering the QMJHL.

"It's hard to say right now, but we'll see after the draft,'' he said. "Right now, I'm still planning to go the U.S. college hockey route.''

"We're still tied to Fargo in the USHL and the University of North Dakota at this time,'' said the father. "We'll have to see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

"There's a lot of interest in him, but I really can't say who we've met with and who we haven't. There's a lot of (QMJHL) teams that have made offers. As it stands today, we're still focused on the commitments that he's made to Fargo and the University of North Dakota.

does anyone know what type of d-man Blood is. Is he a stay at home d-man-ala Jones or is he more offensive oriented like Genoway or is he a bruiser like Smaby or Green were?

From what I can tell he is a bigger D-man with a good point shot. He is not physical like Greene but I would consider him a stay at home D-man.

From what I can tell he is a bigger D-man with a good point shot. He is not physical like Greene but I would consider him a stay at home D-man.

I heard he's a lot like Smaby. Not quite as good a shot as LaPoint is capable, but certainly a stay at home type with some offensive upside.

Clarke might break the record for the Sioux's earliest departure yet. Oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes. Most teams deal with this. Maybe he'll show up, but it doesn't sound good, does it.

I really think it depends upon which QMJHL team drafts him. If it is Moncton, then yeah, Clarke's gone. I don't know why Moncton is so successful, but they are. I don't even know where Moncton, Quebec is.

I heard he's a lot like Smaby. Not quite as good a shot as LaPoint is capable, but certainly a stay at home type with some offensive upside.

So, in other words, he's the newest candidate for Official SiouxSports Whipping Boy?

I really think it depends upon which QMJHL team drafts him. If it is Moncton, then yeah, Clarke's gone. I don't know why Moncton is so successful, but they are. I don't even know where Moncton, Quebec is.

Well whatever, you won't miss what you don't have. I sure would have liked to see him and Mattson on the blue line together though.

Well for starters it isn't in Quebec. :D Bring up a Map of New Brunswick and look at the Northeast corner to find Moncton.

So, in other words, he's the newest candidate for Official SiouxSports Whipping Boy?

He's about the same size as Lee.... and he was drafted by Ottawa.... He went to Shattuck... So Yes!!!

The only things going against him is that:

1. He wasn't a first round draft pick

2. He didn't come straight from high school

:D