SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Not a lot of college players in that list.

Kind of figured. Then again, I'm not going to get all on my high horse about Schroeder. Although he should be a stud, looking at that dude's 2008 list I don't know how much credibility I can give to his Top 10 of 2009...time will tell

Kind of figured. Then again, I'm not going to get all on my high horse about Schroeder. Although he should be a stud, looking at that dude's 2008 list I don't know how much credibility I can give to his Top 10 of 2009...time will tell

These are the only names that I recognize.

25 Cody Goloubef 6'1 180 RD University of Wisconsin Nov-89

56 David Toews 5'11 180 LW Shattuck St. Mary's Jun-90 (UND recruit)

67 Jake Gardiner 6'1 175 LD Minnetonka Jul-90

88 Danny Kristo 5'11 175 RW US Under 18's Jun-90 (UND recruit)

95 Aaron Ness 5'11 190 LD Roseau HS May-90 (UMN recruit)

These are the only names that I recognize.

25 Cody Goloubef 6'1 180 RD University of Wisconsin Nov-89

56 David Toews 5'11 180 LW Shattuck St. Mary's Jun-90 (UND recruit)

67 Jake Gardiner 6'1 175 LD Minnetonka Jul-90

88 Danny Kristo 5'11 175 RW US Under 18's Jun-90 (UND recruit)

95 Aaron Ness 5'11 190 LD Roseau HS May-90 (UMN recruit)

Aaron Ness as #95 is what turned me off of his list...I think he's a late first rounder, early 2nd. Gardiner (UW Recruit I believe?) will also probably be higher IMO.

Aaron Ness as #95 is what turned me off of his list...I think he's a late first rounder, early 2nd. Gardiner (UW Recruit I believe?) will also probably be higher IMO.

I dunno. I'm curious about Ness' size and defensive abilities and how they'll translate to the NHL game. No question he's a great player, but so was Chorney and he got drafted in the second round.

Goligoski was a second round pick. Ness reminds me of Goligoski a lot. I think he'll go either late first round or more likely early second round.

I dunno. I'm curious about Ness' size and defensive abilities and how they'll translate to the NHL game. No question he's a great player, but so was Chorney and he got drafted in the second round.

Was Goligoski a first round pick? Ness reminds me of Goligoski a lot. I think he'll go either late first round or more likely early second round.

Nope, he was late 2nd round if I remember correctly. Should be interesting to see how his size translates to the NHL game, I think he will be an amazing college player though.

Alex was a 2nd rd. pick by Pittsburgh. I believe in the low 60"'s, 61 or 62 idf I remember correctly.

61st. I editted my post to show that.

I don't think Ness is any better than Goli was coming into college. I don't think Ness will be drafted as low, but I would definitely not be surprised if he did drop into the second round somewhere.

2nd round 38th overall.

Huh... Well, you never know I guess.

He had an outstanding junior and international career coming into the U.

He's got to right the ship fast if he's going to succeed. Or at least save up his signing bonus. He'll need it to get the remainder of his degree paid off.

2nd round 38th overall.

Huh... Well, you never know I guess.

He had an outstanding junior and international career coming into the U.

He's got to right the ship fast if he's going to succeed. Or at least save up his signing bonus. He'll need it to get the remainder of his degree paid off.

The author is not affiliated with NHL CSS. His rankings vary drastically with NHL CSS.

We will see how accurate he is vs. NHL CSS when the draft rolls around this summer.

Because they will both be drafted fairly high (round 2-4), 1 year in USHL is 1 less year with the Sioux - neither is a 4 year college player.

There are some 3rd and 4th rounders that stick around for 4 years. 2nd round seems to becoming less likely, especially if they seemed to have peaked as college players.

I have seen Finehage play 8-10 times and I dont see a 2 year player. I see 4 for sure, I am not as high on him as some people. With your recruits coming in I would think he is a 6th or 7th guy. I will admit that is more of a compliment to your incoming players than it is a question of Finehage's talent.

He is starting to get into that draft range where teams might not be thinking 4 years of development. If he moves up and not down in the actual draft, expectations might be a little higher by the team drafting him.

This weekend is the 93 Prospects College Cup Showcase Tournament in Toronto. I was informed that our coaches were up there for the 92 prospects back on April 4-6, so I would imagine they would be at this one. Here are the rosters for this weekend,

http://www.prospectstourney.com/Rosters%20...20Schedules.xls

Here are the rosters from the 92 tourney a few weeks ago that our coaches were at,

i have to say that i am looking forward to our incoming class this year. i have said before that i think we need guys with talent that are going to stay and it doesn't look like anyone of our guys will go extremely early in the draft. i know that you never know who is going to stay or go but i feel good that most of these guys are three to four year players. even toews. which would be great cause i saw him in grand forks and what a tallent he could be .

Ok, I'm putting this in this thread. It doesn't belong in any of the existing threads really and I don't want to create a thread for it so...

UMN got their replacement goaltender for Frazee yesterday by signing Kent Patterson. Not at all surprising. He was among one of the better uncommitted goaltending prospects in the USHL. He'll be a good backup for Kangas.

In other news, August Aiken was once recruited by UND. He committed to UAA recently.

Ok, I'm putting this in this thread. It doesn't belong in any of the existing threads really and I don't want to create a thread for it so...

UMN got their replacement goaltender for Frazee yesterday by signing Kent Patterson. Not at all surprising. He was among one of the better uncommitted goaltending prospects in the USHL. He'll be a good backup for Kangas.

In other news, August Aiken was once recruited by UND. He committed to UAA recently.

apparently und was going to make a pitch to patterson...o well.

This weekend is the 93 Prospects College Cup Showcase Tournament in Toronto. I was informed that our coaches were up there for the 92 prospects back on April 4-6, so I would imagine they would be at this one. Here are the rosters for this weekend,

Here are the rosters from the 92 tourney a few weeks ago that our coaches were at,

Justice Husak is nice goalie. Plays for Notre Dame at the moment. On another note Mike St. Croix went 4th in today's bantam draft. He will be the no. 1 kid out of Western Canada once he starts to fill out. Great skills, works very hard and is very very intelligent.