SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Have you seen him play? If his name were not Belfour, I doubt he would even be playing in the MJHL. Hopefully, he's improved or will continue to get better. I saw him many times at UND camps growing up and at tryouts for the FM Jets, and he would not even get a sniff without his name.

i think thats what was said in that story, maybe dayn may end up as a old freshman at UND after he works on a few different parts of his game in juniors

does it make you feel better to tear down other people's dreams....?

:p

What bothers me is that some people on this board rip on an 18 year old kid who left the team for major juniors because he was not going to play, and in the same breath, hope that we recruit a kid that they have never seen play solely based upon his name. If you are going to rip on Greico, at least be objective and know what you are talking about. :D

What bothers me is that some people on this board rip on an 18 year old kid who left the team for major juniors because he was not going to play, and in the same breath, hope that we recruit a kid that they have never seen play solely based upon his name. If you are going to rip on Greico, at least be objective and know what you are talking about. :D

lighten up francis. :D

playing time wasnt the only reason he isnt with the sioux anymore

Have you seen him play? If his name were not Belfour, I doubt he would even be playing in the MJHL. Hopefully, he's improved or will continue to get better. I saw him many times at UND camps growing up and at tryouts for the FM Jets, and he would not even get a sniff without his name.

I remember when people said the same thing about JPar...that the only reason he got a chance was because Zach was with the Sioux.

That seemed to work out alright for UND. :D

I'm not saying that Dayne will be a future Sioux, or even that we should give him a chance (I've never seen him play either). But I'll trust the coaches decision, even if he isn't a highly recruited goalie coming in to the program.

I remember when people said the same thing about JPar...that the only reason he got a chance was because Zach was with the Sioux.

That seemed to work out alright for UND. :D

I'm not saying that Dayne will be a future Sioux, or even that we should give him a chance (I've never seen him play either). But I'll trust the coaches decision, even if he isn't a highly recruited goalie coming in to the program.

There is a vast difference. No one ever doubted Jordan Parise's talent. His numbers in the USHL, which is a far superior league, were very good. He was only recruited by UND and MSUM, but he was also older. Keep in mind that he was added as a recruit AFTER Zach Parise had already committed to UND.

Our coaches don't take players just because of the name on the back of the jersey. If that were the case for example, we would have offered Jordy Christian or Jordy Murray, which we didn't. The coaches have the credentials in knowing if Dayne can play at the WCHA level. This is just pure assumption, but if they really wanted to bring him in I would think they would have him play a year or two in a better junior league (USHL, BCHL, AJHL) and have him come in 2009 or 2010.

The number 1 reason he left the team was because of an off the ice incident that I believe has been mentioned on here before.

Yep, was an off-ice incident for sure....wasn't playing time or work ethic.

Living around Grand Forks, I can tell you that I have heard there were questions about his work ethic as well.

This I heard last summer.

Living around Grand Forks, I can tell you that I have heard there were questions about his work ethic as well.

This I heard last summer.

Yeah, he had work ethic probs, his own teammates said it while he was still on the team. That was not the reason he is no longer with the team.

Anthony Grieco 23 1151 75 0 3.91 5 9 0 2 653 578 0.885

It appears from Grieco's junior numbers that beating out Grieco wasn't all that impressive of a feat.

If you are going to address Grieco's # then let everyone know that he is playing with a young team and against the top team in the OHL. :D

Check out his Bio, it talks about his time at UND

Here is his last game he played:

Mississauga, ON

If you are going to address Grieco's # then let everyone know that he is playing with a young team and against the top team in the OHL. :D

Check out his Bio, it talks about his time at UND

Here is his last game he played:

Mississauga, ON

What was the off ice incident? Anyone care to share or do you gotta be in the good ole boy club to know? Im working my way in it.

there isnt such a thing but if someone would have shared it im guessing it would be posted already :D

Lou Nanne on Bareiro today...

Lou said he tells tDon he should keep recruiting kids after they make a verbal to another school if it's a player he really wants. louie explained that unlike basketball, football, etc.., college hockey coaches don't recruit a player after he verbally commits. Louie also states that these kids all commit so early in life that there's no reason that Minnnesota shouldn't continue to recruit that player in case he changes his mind later.

I can just see the crying that would be going on here in the cities if a player de-commited from the Gophers and went to another school. Be careful what you wish for, Louie!

Lou said he tells tDon he should keep recruiting kids after they make a verbal to another school if it's a player he really wants. louie explained that unlike basketball, football, etc.., college hockey coaches don't recruit a player after he verbally commits. Louie also states that these kids all commit so early in life that there's no reason that Minnnesota shouldn't continue to recruit that player in case he changes his mind later.

Not that Lou experienced any success doing that himself . . . .

I can just see the crying that would be going on here in the cities if a player de-commited from the Gophers and went to another school. Be careful what you wish for, Louie!

If I was a young kid that had just commited to a college, I would get ticked if other schools kept getting in contact with me. I think part of the "relief" in making your collegiate choice as a scholarship athlete would be that the burden of dealing with all the schools and coaches would be over. I would tell tDon to quit calling me and that he just verified my decision for me. :D

Didn't Louie and some other notable Gopher faithful make a fruitless effort to get Zach Parise to de-commit from UND and go to MN? I thought I remembered them getting in some trouble. They did the old end around of calling JP and setting up a tee time and then grilling the 17 year old ZPar while they were in Faribault or something of the sort. Technically it was within NCAA rules, as the notables are not on the U MN payroll, but it is still bush league.

^Yeah. I think it was Glen Sonmor with Nanne. Although I don't think they got in any big trouble. It would be a "booster" violation, same as if someone like me made phone calls or a visit to a prospective recruit.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits