SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

not wrtiting walski off at all and they could go that route as well next season. ive heard both ideas but lets be real about walski. he got 1 start vs bemidji in the end of a 50 plus game start streak for phil. aaron has been a hell of a team guy as a 3rd stringer most of his career which he knew he would be but he wont be starting next year on a nightly basis unless eidsness pulls a 07-08 frazee. its not a knock on aaron so save those comments as i have nothing but respect for aaron and what kind of a teammate he is but just stating the obvious on his spot on the team. it will be interesting to see which way they go. get another goalie for 08 or wait til 09.

Walski is a third string goalie. UND needs to have a second reliable goalie on the team. I read where Hak said they are going to get another.

From what I understand, we will see more of Walski next year. This isn't to peg him as the starter or even half time, but he will definetly be playing more, maybe 1/4 or so.

So is your source from the coaching staff? What leads you to believe this, please elaborate.

My point wasn't to criticize, it just goes along with what else was posted. I am not sure UND would go out and look for a mediocre 08 goalie just for the sake of having another goalie. I realize that Walski as a starter is a long shot, but so is relying on two freshmen goalies to backstop the team. I will say that I think there are some under-rated goal tenders available for 08 or 09, but I couldn't say what Hak and Co. are thinking. As always I defer to the coaches wisdom as I am just an opinionated fan.

So if Walski was good enough to play don't you think we would have seen him by now? Just a thought?

Some people just want to see him play because he is from ND, but honestly if he was good enough to play Phil wouldn't have started every day.

So is your source from the coaching staff? What leads you to believe this, please elaborate.

i think usa has been psoting here long enough with great inside info without needing to reveal where he hears stuff from. there are a few posters here that give us great info when they can share it so lets keep it that way

i think usa has been psoting here long enough with great inside info without needing to reveal where he hears stuff from. there are a few posters here that give us great info when they can share it so lets keep it that way

Wasn't this the same guy that gave us a heads up on a recruit that was going to commit very soon? :D So what now we can't question people's posts? :D This is a fan message board. I am just saying if Walski is so good why didn't he get more than one start? Hakstol already said during a coaching show that they were looking in bringing in one more goalie. So we have conflicting messages coming out one from the coach and one from an un name fan. Just saying...

Wasn't this the same guy that gave us a heads up on a recruit that was going to commit very soon? :D So what now we can't question people's posts? :p This is a fan message board. I am just saying if Walski is so good why didn't he get more than one start? Hakstol already said during a coaching show that they were looking in bringing in one more goalie. So we have conflicting messages coming out one from the coach and one from an un name fan. Just saying...

so he is not able to release the name of 1 recruit right now that he thought he maybe could have a few weeks back, doesnt mean he doesnt know. is it that big of a deal that we dont know the name of the recruit :D just because they bring in a 3rd goalie doesnt mean walski doesnt get a few starts. who knows what will happen with the goalies. i wasnt referring to questioning his posts as you are right it is a message board but it should be obvious enough to know that most inside info we get comes froma few posters on ss and they arent going to say where they heard the info from. we know it doesnt work that way. if they did then there wouldnt be any more inside info that we love to read about :huh:

Wasn't this the same guy that gave us a heads up on a recruit that was going to commit very soon? :D So what now we can't question people's posts? :D This is a fan message board. I am just saying if Walski is so good why didn't he get more than one start? Hakstol already said during a coaching show that they were looking in bringing in one more goalie. So we have conflicting messages coming out one from the coach and one from an un name fan. Just saying...

There is no need to question USA Hockey's info...he is legit. He said there was a possibility that someone was going to commit shortly, that doesn't mean he guaranteed it. At least he actually posts knowledgeable information every time he posts instead of useless garbage half the time that is meaningless like some of the people around here. He doesn't say stuff just to say it, trust me, he is on the inside. I don't see Brad Eidsness being perfect right away coming in, so giving multiple starts to Walski would be beneficial.

Thanks for all your information USA...keep us posted.

There is no need to question USA Hockey's info...he is legit. He said there was a possibility that someone was going to commit shortly, that doesn't mean he guaranteed it. At least he actually posts knowledgeable information every time he posts instead of useless garbage half the time that is meaningless like some of the people around here. He doesn't say stuff just to say it, trust me, he is on the inside. I don't see Brad Eidsness being perfect right away coming in, so giving multiple starts to Walski would be beneficial.

Thanks for all your information USA...keep us posted.

i was thinking maybe 30-5-2 in that range :p is that a bit much to ask for :huh: cant wait to see him play in the green and white!

There is no need to question USA Hockey's info...he is legit. He said there was a possibility that someone was going to commit shortly, that doesn't mean he guaranteed it. He doesn't say stuff just to say it, trust me, he is on the inside. I don't see Brad Eidsness being perfect right away coming in, so giving multiple starts to Walski would be beneficial.

OK, I have a question? Honestly why would someone quote "on the inside post this type of information?" We have seen many so called in the know experts on here from time to time that have inside information, we have seen how a lot of this inside info has worked out.

Isn't releasing that type of information wouldn't that be a breach of trust? I am not here to pick a fight with anyone but this is a message board that discusses and pointificates about a hockey team that all of us follow. However, some people act as if no one else's opinion's matter and really this is why we have people that don't post here anymore. If someone wants to question a person info it's legit. That doesn't either point legit or not legit.

Did I ever say anything about not bringing in a goalie next year? No. The goalie we bring in isn't going to be a blue chip prospect who is going to start everygame. The player we bring in (if we do, there is still a possibility of keeping Landon Snider) is going to be a solid third string goalie. As for the recruit, no respones until there is a commitment. I'll just post it if it happens, like Big A HG said, I didn't guarantee it.

OK, I have a question? Honestly why would someone quote "on the inside post this type of information?" We have seen many so called in the know experts on here from time to time that have inside information, we have seen how a lot of this inside info has worked out.

Isn't releasing that type of information wouldn't that be a breach of trust? I am not here to pick a fight with anyone but this is a message board that discusses and pointificates about a hockey team that all of us follow. However, some of you people act as if no oneelses opinion's matter and really this is why we have people that don't post here anymore. If someone wants to question a person info it's legit. That doesn't either point legit or not legit.

i think its the point of there are ONLY a few that do post some inside info and thats sweet for us to get that info so there isnt a need to question it really. it has nothing to do with other peoples opinions mattering or not. sorry but if thats why people dont post here anymore than thats their problem. its a dang message board and shouldnt be taken that seriously :D

any winnipeg players out there making some noise at a younger age that may go the college route?

anyone have info on nolan zajac the defensemen of the family besides hes the youngest zajac brother :D skill and so forth?

So if Walski was good enough to play don't you think we would have seen him by now? Just a thought?

Some people just want to see him play because he is from ND, but honestly if he was good enough to play Phil wouldn't have started every day.

Don't you think the same thing could have been said when Jordan Parise was playing rather than Phil. When you have a goaltender playing as well as Phil, it is hard to want to throw in someone else, even if that person might warrant playing more.

Exactly (referring to TNT's statement)! How many people, even fans here, said that UND would be less without JPAR and that Lammy could not carry the load? To make a comment that Walski is and always will be a 3rd string goalie is a fairly unintelligent comment. Obviously he beat out Grieco for the #2 spot (whether that was injury related or not, we won't ever really know). And if Hak was secure enough to pull Lammy for a game, even if it was against BSU, than the team probably sees something that most of us don't.

Honestly neither move would surprise me, but I just think people should keep an open mind about Walski and have faith in the coaching staff. If they bring someone in fine, if they rely on Walski, I for one will not panic.

Exactly (referring to TNT's statement)! How many people, even fans here, said that UND would be less without JPAR and that Lammy could not carry the load? To make a comment that Walski is and always will be a 3rd string goalie is a fairly unintelligent comment. Obviously he beat out Grieco for the #2 spot (whether that was injury related or not, we won't ever really know). And if Hak was secure enough to pull Lammy for a game, even if it was against BSU, than the team probably sees something that most of us don't.

Honestly neither move would surprise me, but I just think people should keep an open mind about Walski and have faith in the coaching staff. If they bring someone in fine, if they rely on Walski, I for one will not panic.

i agree, they could go both ways and whichever way the coaches choose is cool as they know what the heck they are doing :D a bit more than us :D

Obviously he beat out Grieco for the #2 spot (whether that was injury related or not, we won't ever really know). And if Hak was secure enough to pull Lammy for a game, even if it was against BSU, than the team probably sees something that most of us don't.

Anthony Grieco 23 1151 75 0 3.91 5 9 0 2 653 578 0.885

It appears from Grieco's junior numbers that beating out Grieco wasn't all that impressive of a feat.

It appears from Grieco's junior numbers that beating out Grieco wasn't all that impressive of a feat.

im glad grieco is gone. he made his own bed. walski is the type of guy you need on your team. play or not hes a positive guy and is great for the locker room. will be interesting to see what the coaches do in the off season regarding the goalies. in hak we trust :D

Those numbers are very close to the numbers of Dayne Belfour, who is playing in a far inferior league. Dayne Belfour will be 19 in May, and his numbers are 3.73 GAA (good for 12th out of 18 in the MJHL), save % of .886 (15th out of 18) and a record of 21 and 22.

Those numbers are very close to the numbers of Dayne Belfour, who is playing in a far inferior league. Dayne Belfour will be 19 in May, and his numbers are 3.73 GAA (good for 12th out of 18 in the MJHL), save % of .886 (15th out of 18) and a record of 21 and 22.

I'll take Dayne any day. It would mean that Eddie would be around GF more often and that's not a bad thing for the program. :D

I'll take Dayne any day. It would mean that Eddie would be around GF more often and that's not a bad thing for the program. :D

Have you seen him play? If his name were not Belfour, I doubt he would even be playing in the MJHL. Hopefully, he's improved or will continue to get better. I saw him many times at UND camps growing up and at tryouts for the FM Jets, and he would not even get a sniff without his name.

Have you seen him play? If his name were not Belfour, I doubt he would even be playing in the MJHL. Hopefully, he's improved or will continue to get better. I saw him many times at UND camps growing up and at tryouts for the FM Jets, and he would not even get a sniff without his name.

does it make you feel better to tear down other people's dreams....?

:D