SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I just turned on the NHL Network and a show called NHL Odyssey was on. The show was traveling around Manitoba and they had a story about Dayne Belfour. He plays for the Winkler Flyers, a team Ed co-owns and played for.

That kid wants to be a Sioux and wasn't bashful about it. His GM and coach said they see him with the Sioux when he's older (20-21). He's 18 right now. They also said he's a hard worker but needs to work on his lateral movement.

I just turned on the NHL Network and a show called NHL Odyssey was on. The show was traveling around Manitoba and they had a story about Dayne Belfour. He plays for the Winkler Flyers, a team Ed co-owns and played for.

That kid wants to be a Sioux and wasn't bashful about it. His GM and coach said they see him with the Sioux when he's older (20-21). He's 18 right now. They also said he's a hard worker but needs to work on his lateral movement.

there has been talk on here about him, if he does end up at und then maybe he will be a older recruit. the eagle part deux :huh:

there has been talk on here about him, if he does end up at und then maybe he will be a older recruit. the eagle part deux :huh:

Ed was 20 or 21 when he came in. He worked his tail off to get on the team too. Spent many nights and weekends making the trek down to GF to play and get to know all the folk around town as he wasn't "recruited" per se.

Ed was 20 or 21 when he came in. He worked his tail off to get on the team too. Spent many nights and weekends making the trek down to GF to play and get to know all the folk around town as he wasn't "recruited" per se.

They did say he was further along then his dad @ 18.

And by the time school rolled around, every bartender in town knew his name.

I just turned on the Minnesota AA high school tourney and Tyler Landman already has a hatty. Remind me again why this kid hasn't committed somewhere... He's a 90, right?

i hope the sioux get him but hes regarded as a wait and see type player for now. ive always liked him watching him a few times.

I just turned on the Minnesota AA high school tourney and Tyler Landman already has a hatty. Remind me again why this kid hasn't committed somewhere... He's a 90, right?

From what I understand, we've been looking at him but there has never been a visit or an offer.

i hope the sioux get him but hes regarded as a wait and see type player for now. ive always liked him watching him a few times.

I've always laughed at the "wait and see label". He got his 3rd, 53 seconds into the 2 period and has 3 goals and 3 assists on the Rams 6 goals.

Ness has 2, Nelson 1.

I know that Zach Lehrke has been brought up before, in regards to him wanting to go to UND. I talked to someone a friend in Park Rapids tonight and he said MN has contacted him. PR plays a horrid schedule so I don't know if any offer was made, but he's talked with them.

Did this ever get resolved or are we still being patient? :angry:

Still waiting. I was really impressed with Landman. His interview after the game was funny too... He reminds me alot of Jason Blake (looks like him too). This is the first time that I have watched Roseau where he really looked like he could crack the Sioux lineup. Ness was the best player on the ice. No surprise there. Also, St. Cloud took a big chance on Oliver and, well, oops...

Walters has looked very good, Birkholz looked mediocre at best. Our guy Gleason was a stud. Budish was solid, and Anders Lee is absolutely built. A few good players to watch in the night cap. Keep an eye on Isaac Kohls and Monte French. They are a little small, but good players for 09-10.

Still waiting. I was really impressed with Landman. His interview after the game was funny too... He reminds me alot of Jason Blake (looks like him too). This is the first time that I have watched Roseau where he really looked like he could crack the Sioux lineup. Ness was the best player on the ice. No surprise there. Also, St. Cloud took a big chance on Oliver and, well, oops...

Walters has looked very good, Birkholz looked mediocre at best. Our guy Gleason was a stud. Budish was solid, and Anders Lee is absolutely built. A few good players to watch in the night cap. Keep an eye on Isaac Kohls and Monte French. They are a little small, but good players for 09-10.

Watch Dan Cecka, Tyler Zepeda and Hakan Yumasakler.

I've always laughed at the "wait and see label". He got his 3rd, 53 seconds into the 2 period and has 3 goals and 3 assists on the Rams 6 goals.

Ness has 2, Nelson 1.

and im sure the sioux scouts know what they are doing. i have a little faith in them :angry: but sign tyler landman now :cool:

From the Strib...

Landman, a junior, has yet to make a college commitment. He's drawn interest from just a couple of Division 1 schools; perhaps Thursday's performance will spark more. "My doors are open to anybody, really," Landman said.

As for Oliver, I think he wasn't the stud SCSU was hoping for, but he's no where near a flop. He's well built, very athletic, and a non-stop worker. He might not come in until 2010, but he should still be fine. Also, he was the Roseau/SCSU link that the Huskies needed to land Lee!!

Does anybody know how many D1 stars/NHL players were on that dominant Bloomington Jefferson team from the early '90s? I think we might be seeing something like that again with this Rams team.