SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

2 hours ago, AJS said:

This isn't hitting the panic button by any means, just something that I find weird more than anything. I can't believe UND doesn't have a single recruit in the '03 birth year. Most do by now and many have '04 recruits.

Agreed.  I would change “most” to “some” in speaking about the 04 birthyear.

23 hours ago, AJS said:

This isn't hitting the panic button by any means, just something that I find weird more than anything. I can't believe UND doesn't have a single recruit in the '03 birth year. Most do by now and many have '04 recruits.

So, you're worried because UND doesn't have a 14 or 15-year-old recruit committed yet? That's four or five years down from coming to UND. IRC, this is how UW ended with too many recruits. 

7 minutes ago, Goon said:

So, you're worried because UND doesn't have a 14 or 15-year-old recruit committed yet? That's four or five years down from coming to UND. IRC, this is how UW ended with too many recruits. 

Read my first sentence, not worried, just find it strange, especially since that hasn't been the case in the past. Last year they had four '02 recruits by this point.

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Read my first sentence, not worried, just find it strange, especially since that hasn't been the case in the past. Last year they had four '02 recruits by this point.

Gotcha. I was just wondering. Seems like UND has some pretty good classes coming up. 

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/4504591-nchc-media-day-fenton-expects-proposal-change-recruiting-practices-college

So, with these changes possibly coming, should the coaches be getting verbals from 03’s & 04’s now,  or will they think that they will just be able to recruit those players when they see how they progressed?  With another recruiting tool with a state of the art scoreboard coming in the future and the name recognition of North Dakota hockey, they should get their share of big names regardless.

Any indication if Cam York is still planning on going the college route after decomitting from BC, or is he going to be drafted high enough that he may go Major Junior rather than possibly be in college short term?

On 8/23/2018 at 11:30 AM, Walsh Hall said:

Jeff and Jay both had one son on the Aviators last year.  I watched the team play a few times last year and collectively they were very solid and polished.  I don’t think I saw any of their D men flat out get beat.  That said, I didn’t think anyone really stood out as being head and shoulders about the other kids.

Grandstrand for D.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw coach Shaw with what looked to be a recruit and his father in the Sioux Shop this morning...kid had his USA Hockey fleece on.. .hope the boys can put on a strong performance tonight and get a few more blue ‘chppah’ commits.:)

9 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Saw coach Shaw with what looked to be a recruit and his father in the Sioux Shop this morning...kid had his USA Hockey fleece on.. .hope the boys can put on a strong performance tonight and get a few more blue ‘chppah’ commits.:)

image.jpeg.69c63736634be617aa8a4868d12bf486.jpeg   Hopefully he looked like this.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:09 PM, tnt said:

Cam York, who plays for the National Development team.  Will be looking on the bench in warmups tonight to see if it is someone that looks familiar. 

Must not have been him they had a game that night.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 11:54 AM, scpa0305 said:

Kevin Wall de-committed from Merrimack....currently a top scorer in the BCHL.

edit: Apparently UND is after him.  May be a nice flip. 2000 birthdate.

He had 2 goals 3 assists today, to take over the BCHL lead in goals and points.

2 hours ago, franchise said:

There was about 50 kids from Shattuck at Saturdays game.  I assume there must have been a tourney nearby? but certainly doesn't hurt recruiting to have that program on hand for a big win

LOVE when we win big games with big recruits in the house (not assuming anything, but just saying). Want those kids to see what the Ralph is all about and how loud that place gets. 

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

LOVE when we win big games with big recruits in the house (not assuming anything, but just saying). Want those kids to see what the Ralph is all about and how loud that place gets. 

Were they here Friday or Saturday, or both?

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits