SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Since I live 1000 miles away I get to 1-2 games per year so I’ve never seen the entire REA. 

I’m a big believer in blink moments; what exactly does a prospective recruit see when he is introduced to the facility other than the obvious such as the view from the seats. 

I guess I’m thinking more about trophy displays, photos, history, training facilities, player lounge...all the things that at first impression make it clear to them and parents this is the place they want to be. 

Thanks in advance.

On 7/28/2018 at 11:45 AM, CarpeRemote said:

Since I live 1000 miles away I get to 1-2 games per year so I’ve never seen the entire REA. 

I’m a big believer in blink moments; what exactly does a prospective recruit see when he is introduced to the facility other than the obvious such as the view from the seats. 

I guess I’m thinking more about trophy displays, photos, history, training facilities, player lounge...all the things that at first impression make it clear to them and parents this is the place they want to be. 

Thanks in advance.

You are correct.

I'll try and find pics/ video. But it's more impressive walking through the whole building.

The Ralph does tours, the next time your in GF you may want to partake:

Tours of Ralph Engelstad Arena are given at 1:30 PM Monday – Friday. Tour Goers should meet in the Sioux Shop for the start of the tour. To schedule a tour, contact the Sioux Shop at 701.777.6636. The cost is $7 Adults, $5 for Seniors/Students/Military Members, children under 12 are free. No tours are given on event days.

On 7/28/2018 at 11:45 AM, CarpeRemote said:

Thanks in advance.

Every time I walk through the curtains and look up at the banners, I pause. So much tradition. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, cberkas said:

So was Cade Stibbe someone who UND should have looked at?

Personally I don't think so. He's a very good player, but at 5'6 you gotta be extremely talented to make up for your lack of size. Last guys who were 5'6 and played at UND that I can remember were Grimaldi and Duncan and they were on a much higher level than Stibbe when they committed. That said Carter Randklev was a small kid committed to ASU too before he took a big step and got the call from UND, so it's always possible Cade could end up being a UND level player down the road. Hope this was helpful!

On 8/4/2018 at 5:38 PM, ChadR said:

Has UND talked to Cole Spicer yet? Looks to be the next stud from GF.

I work with one of his relatives and the last time we talked about it Cole wanted to go to UND. It's been awhile since that conversation, I'll have to ask him about it next time I see him.

On 8/4/2018 at 5:38 PM, ChadR said:

Has UND talked to Cole Spicer yet? Looks to be the next stud from GF.

Kid is tearing up the Bantam elite league with the likes of Jaksen Panzer and Owen Hanson of Minot.  I know they are only going to be freshmen in high school but all three have to be on our radar. 

18 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Kid is tearing up the Bantam elite league with the likes of Jaksen Panzer and Owen Hanson of Minot.  I know they are only going to be freshmen in high school but all three have to be on our radar. 

I'm not quite sold on Panzer but Spicer for sure.

I think Owen Hanson will be a name to look for too.  Dad played D1 at Lake State a few seasons and the kid has all the makings of being a really good power forward.

Sister played prep school up at Notre Dame academy, so not sure if that's the way he is looking, but probably won't be at Minot High all four years.  

Jeff and Jay both had one son on the Aviators last year.  I watched the team play a few times last year and collectively they were very solid and polished.  I don’t think I saw any of their D men flat out get beat.  That said, I didn’t think anyone really stood out as being head and shoulders about the other kids.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits