SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

7 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

We pulled his offer if I recall (off ice issues) so not sure why we would be...? 

...and it sure is curious that with all the time that has passed since that happened, he still hasn't found a home.  

1 minute ago, tnt said:

...and it sure is curious that with all the time that has passed since that happened, he still hasn't found a home.  

I agree. He had issues at the NTDP, not sure what they were, but safe to say a red flag has gone up. 

18 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

We pulled his offer if I recall (off ice issues) so not sure why we would be...? 

Yeah I remember that.  But a few years have passed and he hasn’t committed anywhere else.  He’s about to be drafted pretty high and is up there on all rankings.  Barring a full blown red flag (that would also doom his draft stock) berry should re look at this.  Maybe karki is ‘proving he can be good’.  Probably will go to the gophs.

52 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Yeah I remember that.  But a few years have passed and he hasn’t committed anywhere else.  He’s about to be drafted pretty high and is up there on all rankings.  Barring a full blown red flag (that would also doom his draft stock) berry should re look at this.  Maybe karki is ‘proving he can be good’.  Probably will go to the gophs.

I think the Gophers have no room to bring him in.

Berry needs to take a page out of Hak's book like with Fratten.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, tnt said:

Less than 90 percent save percentage isn’t ripping it up.  Cam was ripped for a save percentage over 90.

https://www.ushl.com/view#/goalie-stats/all-teams/62?playertype=goalie&qualified=qualified&rookie=no&sort=gaa&statstype=standard&page=1&league=1

Muskegon is a funny team.  Also, although the ushl is the tightest junior league in NA and college is also very tight, the two teams styles of play are polar opposite.  Muskegon is run and gun and und plays a heavy D game.  

9 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

His ability was never the issue...It was off the ice issues that got his offer pulled. Adam Scheel from Penticton is now to recruit that was Keegans spot... Scheels is a solid goalie and should compete for time with Thome.

6 hours ago, tho0505 said:

His ability was never the issue...It was off the ice issues that got his offer pulled. Adam Scheel from Penticton is now to recruit that was Keegans spot... Scheels is a solid goalie and should compete for time with Thome.

Yea I am aware of them all.  I was more pointing out that Karki is one of the top goalie prospects in the US at his age.  Now I’m not saying we give karki an offer back, more curious what is going on with him.  If off ice issues were that bad he would never be drafted.

Traditionally UND has had a top goalie, a backup good enough to press or even displace the top goalie to become the top, and (sorry) a puck eater in practice. 

See: Ryan Anderson, and, yes, Tate Maris. 

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Traditionally UND has had a top goalie, a backup good enough to press or even displace the top goalie to become the top, and (sorry) a puck eater in practice. 

See: Ryan Anderson, and, yes, Tate Maris. 

And a guy named Matt Hrynkiw, who went 10-2-2 in a national championship season.  He didn't play in his first two years of college, but came up huge when it mattered.

• Upvote 2

MattyRinks ... now that I think about it, yeah, he was brought in as a puck eater and became a de facto top guy.

He came in behind McIntyre and Saunders, and then McIntyre and Cam Johnson. And then Cam and Tomek. But there's the turning point: Tomek went down, Matt had to step up (and did HUGE) and Ryan Anderson was brought in late and given the puck sauce (<-- to eat pucks in practice). 

Edit:
Ouch. When looking up Matt I see that he is a former Humboldt Bronco. That I did not know. He's probably had a rough month. 
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=125626

Heard a rumor that I haven't been able to find information on that I'm wondering if true?  I heard at coaches meeting in Florida last week that prospects can no longer visit with coaches until 1st day of Junior year. If true, would this will eliminate the under-agers from committing (which I don't think it is all bad)?  No more "unofficial visits" either before this date.  Anyone else heard anything like this? 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

UND needs to go to work on Bobby Brink now that Monty is in the show.

@Goon, get the kid on campus. 

Like someone else said, I’m hoping this helps in landing Arizona. I know I read he had a good visit at Wisconsin a while back but hopefully that Penticton line continues to work for us.